Peat Approved Sources Of Manganese

Dutchie

Apart from the processing debate,I once heard someone tell that you can better buy Grade C in a closed bottle than one in a seethrough glass bottle bc ligth changes/deminishes the mineral content.
Is that true?

dukez07

FunkOdyssey said:
I just discovered grape juice is a great source of manganese (25% RDA per 8oz), and white grape juice in particular has no sorbitol and an easily digested glucose:fructose ratio. Found an organic one with no sulfites added.

That's funny, according to cronometer it is quite a poor source of manganese. Unless I am doing something wrong, 8oz is roughly 2.5% of the RDA. Please correct me if I am wrong, because I too am looking for a decent source of manganese.

dukez07

What do you guys think about beets, or beetroot juice?

According to cronometer, beets are a very good source of manganese (in most forms).

I guess they might be considered 'semi' Peat approved? The only reason I am interested in them, is because they offer an alternative option to getting lots of carbs, other than OJ, sugar, fruit and potato. I can visulize beets tasting good with meat. Another reason I am keen on beets is because they are no where near as high in vitmamin C, like OJ is. Which brings forward a possible alternative option when taking a carb source, with your meat (iron absorbtion, etc).

pboy

good on paper, not many irritants...but its like kale for me, I just cant bring myself to eat them...theres just too much health dogma around 'beets' and 'beet kvass' and 'beet juice'...and its like, they don't taste that good...and give pink urine, so whats the big deal? But yea im just being fecicous...they aren't that bad, and are half way decent nutritiously

BibleBeliever

milk_lover

What about white rice? One cup seems to provide 1/3 of manganese daily requirement. Three cups and you are set. Unless you don't consider white rice Peat-approved :P

schultz

What about white rice? One cup seems to provide 1/3 of manganese daily requirement. Three cups and you are set. Unless you don't consider white rice Peat-approved :P

If you make the rice with coconut water you get even more.

There are like 20 of these threads lol

Sources of manganese:
Black Tea
Wild Blueberries
Strawberries
Maple Syrup
Coconut Water
Pineapple Juice
Mussels
White Rice
Chocolate
Yerba Mate
Coffee (if you drink a lot)
Beets

Frankdee20

Dates contain vit.k too. Vit E sources im strugglinh with too,but i found out that cacaobutter contains quite some probably why i. sometimes crave white chocolate....too bad one bar has quite some pufa too,as have almost all dried fruits:(...except dates and candied ginger from what i saw.

I love maple syrup,could drink bottles of it...gives awesome energy. Though i lately come to think that the rush and exciliarated energy&mood i experience,migth actually be bad andbe a sign of stressed adrenals

Kiwi fruits have some vitamin E and good amount of K1, and excellent source of C

Kartoffel

Oats have a lot of manganese. Eating some soaked oats once in a while should provide enough manganese

DaveFoster

Oats have a lot of manganese. Eating some soaked oats once in a while should provide enough manganese
Oats also have phytic acid, which has been shown to significantly reduce manganese absorption (as in a 50% reduction.)

InChristAlone

Grape juice.

Zpol

I like to add cinnamon to my coffee. In one thread it is spoken of that small dosages of cinnamon/nutmeg may help to boost dopamine. Great that it's a high source of manganese.
Cassia is high in coumarins, which are said to be a burden on the liver over time. I have ceylon cinnamon too, which is very low in these coumarins.

I put Ceylon cinnamon in my coffee too. It's so delicious!
Also I add cinnamon to my tea infusions. Or sometimes just have cinnamon, honey, and hot water.

InChristAlone

Does it have to be juice or just grapes too?
You'd need to eat about 2.5 cups of grapes to equal the amount in 4 oz of the juice.

BigChad

I like to add cinnamon to my coffee. In one thread it is spoken of that small dosages of cinnamon/nutmeg may help to boost dopamine. Great that it's a high source of manganese.
Cassia is high in coumarins, which are said to be a burden on the liver over time. I have ceylon cinnamon too, which is very low in these coumarins.

How do you consume your cinnamon?

what about ground saigon cinnamon from costco? im not sure if saigon cinnamon is considered cassia, ceylon or something else, and what the manganese content of cinnamon is?