Peat Approach To Healing From Ciprofloxacin Damage?

ddjd

as in title, what are most beneficial peat supplements that might help reverse damaging effects of ciprofloxacin antibiotics

Well, I just finished a course of life saving antibiotics, levofloxacin. I did not take ANY supplements, pills or medications of any kind during my course. I just didn’t want to risk some weird interaction.

I got some strange symptoms, so calcium from my teeth eroded or something and I actually went to a dentist but it is getting better or already better now.

I just have been taking vitamin C, pregnenolone, progesterone, E, DHEA, taurine, magnesium, D3, thyroid, K2...the usual.

I drink a lot of milk so I probably get 2000mg of calcium a day. I haven’t researched it but I think these antibiotics mess with calcium metabolism. Perhaps getting extra calcium, D3 and K2 will be helpful.

Terma

Ray doesn't particularly know how to fix this based on the recommendations I hear. Ultimately the best way is to prevent damage using things like NAC (if the bacterium allows) or even doxycycline during the course, this is known for years but nobody prescribes this. Afterward it depends on the severity and type of damage (tendon, peripheral neuropathy, gut, liver), no one size fits all.

Last edited:

Terma

Iirc some people had some success with NAD+ therapy though (applies in enough situations)

jyb

Ray doesn't particularly know how to fix this based on the recommendations I hear. Ultimately the best way is to prevent damage using things like NAC (if the bacterium allows) or even doxycycline during the course, this is known for years but nobody prescribes this. Afterward it depends on the severity and type of damage (tendon, peripheral neuropathy, gut, liver), no one size fits all.

Doxycyline in addition to fluoroquinolones?

On that note, I have in a past infection taken doxycycline instead of the fluoroquinolone prescribed to me, thereby ignoring the doctor's treatment. Obviously this is not a light decision. It is a tradeoff between efficacy against the infection and risk of serious, sometimes permanent side effects. I went through the medical literature about that particular infection to compare results between doxy and quinolones in order to estimate this tradeoff. I took doxy and my infection cleared within a couple days.

I had tendinitis caused by cipro. I have done many things and supps since, cant say what exactly was helpful. I believe it's low pufa diet, I can't prove. Tendenitis caused by cipro is no joke, possibility of tendon rapture scared ***t out of me.

OP
ddjd

ddjd

On that note, I have in a past infection taken doxycycline instead of the fluoroquinolone prescribed to me, thereby ignoring the doctor's treatment. Obviously this is not a light decision. It is a tradeoff between efficacy against the infection and risk of serious, sometimes permanent side effects. I went through the medical literature about that particular infection to compare results between doxy and quinolones in order to estimate this tradeoff. I took doxy and my infection cleared within a couple days.
problem is you have to source the doxy yourself which isnt so easy in europe

Terma

Iirc it was its ROS-scavenging abilities and related, but anyway doxycycline is a far better choice wherever it works:
Novel Antioxidant Properties of Doxycycline
https://www.consultant360.com/articles/minimizing-risk-tendon-injury-associated-fluoroquinolone-use
Popular Antibiotics May Carry Serious Side Effects
Guidelines by the American Thoracic Society state that fluoroquinolones should not be used as a first-line treatment for community-acquired pneumonia; it recommends that doxycycline or a macrolide be tried first. Mr. Balch didn’t know this, or he might have fought harder to get a different antibiotic.

Travis H

Infrared light and magnesium baths helped me quite a bit in recovering from levofloxacin.

jyb

problem is you have to source the doxy yourself which isnt so easy in europe

I will not share how I sourced mine from a local pharmacy trivially as it would be unethical and will just underline that this is a serious decision. Note that for some infections, whether to use doxycycline or a fluoroquinolone and for how long is a matter of opinion and changes over time - asking a different doctor is sometimes enough to get a completely different treatment and it seems reasonable to see more than one doctor considering the lack of consensus and the importance of the decision. Some doctors will worry if you start to experience some of the ominous side effects and will then consider an alternative, but I note that some of the documented cases of serious fluoroquinolone side effects suggest that by the time the symptoms appear it is far too late and they worsen long after discontinuation - "wait and see" strategy did not work in those cases.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals