Peat Approach For My Cat

narouz

Such_Saturation said:
He needs Garamond to reach his full potential.

I really do.
It is a major bummer that this new software doesn't allow it.

narouz

Peat's_Girl said:
narouz said:
Peat's_Girl said:
narouz said:
thebigpeatowski said:
XPlus said:
I think cats are like women, difficult to understand but they definitely wouldn't need too much water if they're mostly on a raw (wet) diet (i.e. meat is about 70-80% water)

I think men are like dogs....oh wait, no. Nope, dogs are more loyal and they definitely don't need as much attention. :lol:

This is an unfair metaphorical advantage to women.
-women=cats doesn't sound perjorative
-men=dogs...probably perjorative

Hm... You would probably not like my "men are like plants" metaphor either ;D

It might be okay.
I'm working my way towards Peat's
"soft-firm male animal-flower" thing.... :D

I've been meaning to ask you Narouz, since I've read all of TheBigPetowski's log and you commented a lot. How come you always write in a poetic stanza format? ;D
If you have some hidden poetic talent you need to share it with us, dont fight it ;)

It's just the kind of male animal-flower guy I am.

I've been adding a teaspoon of baking soda to the water bowl and thyroid and kidney issues seem to have vanished for months now. It seems the high protein diet is really what's behind cats' "weak kidneys". It also seems that it's now easier for the cat to recognize that it's water and actually craves the bicarbonate and salt taste.

Surfari

XPlus - Aspirin is toxic for kitties. They don't produce enough of a certain enzyme to break it down.

I see over in the email depository that goodandevil asked RP about aspirin for cats and he said it was okay. Sorry about the misinformation.

Ray Peat Email Advice Depository

Q:"Hi ray, been giving my cat aspirin for motility problems (10mg/day), along with collagen, coconut oil, and 100mg CaCO3 per 3 oz canned fish catfood. Would you foresee any problems with aspirin? Thank you again for your time."

R: "That seems like a safe dose. I think some of the studies confuse the effects of the stress of intravenous treatment with the effects of aspirin."

GorillaHead

So do all cat canned foods have pufa? Is this unavoidable?

my cats gotten fat. For a while i didnt care but now i realize its kind of messed up to let the cat get unhealthy like this. I want to put her on a strictly wet food diet. Any top brands people suggest?

GorillaHead

Ya but honestly this is the closest Thing on the market that i can find that is almost peat friendly

Last edited:

GorillaHead

My cat was into it for a while and then stopped touching her food. I’m going to give it another try.

what flavors did you give her? It was the brand you mentioned?

my cat is super picky and very frustrating that she would rather eating junk than raw real food

LUH 3417

what flavors did you give her? It was the brand you mentioned?

my cat is super picky and very frustrating that she would rather eating junk than raw real food
I gave her the lamb with mussels and lamb alone I think. My cat loves the royal canin food which is pork liver and lots of PUFA. She was into ziwi for a bit but then just stopped eating it.

I have 10 cats. There are some peaty things they love. Coconut oil and coconut. Brewer's yeast tablets. RP Carrot salad. Milk.
Im going to stop feeding commercial feed to them. I use CatShow by Purina. As I realized I can just feed them with milk and some meat, Brewer's yeast and coconuts. Also as my cats are free to leave the house and we have some corn field back there so they hunt a lot. I see them eat geckos, birds, insects and mice.

Attachments

• IMG_20200316_165311662.jpg
    IMG_20200316_165311662.jpg
    390.3 KB · Views: 17

naevastar

I feed my cat red meat and raw milk from a local farmer, kitty seems to do just fine. I also add some organ meat once a week, mostly liver and heart. Same for my dog but I also throw in some white rice, I just can't afford an all meat diet for him.
Do you give him raw organs or does it need to be cooked?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals