Peanuts are the only food I miss eating

YourUniverse

Since following Ray's research years ago, I find most of my cravings have gone away as long as I eat enough.

Fruit, milk & cheese, coffee, mushrooms, potatoes, liver shellfish eggs, at appropriate times and in appropriate amounts, really do seem to cover most needs.

The only thing I still miss is peanut.

Is there something unique in the peanut? It seems to be very high in B6 and E, and the recent thread on choline showed it may be a significant source of that too.

Perry Staltic

Dunno about unique, but I like them too. It's hard for me to find organic, which are the only peanuts I'll eat due to the fact that peanuts are usually rotated with cotton, so I sometimes get organic peanut butter at Aldi and pour off any oil that's separated.

NatachaRose

If you crave them eat them. That’s not the end of the world. You won’t die if you eat peanuts or peanut butter once in a while. The important thing is to eat enough nutrient dense food so your body is strong enough to handle stress…
Eating peanuts is fine, it’s still a whole food it’s not like eating candies with weird ingredients in them.
Listening to our cravings is so important. Eat them and see how it makes you feel.
I still eat peanut butter once in a while because sometimes I crave it a lot, like after giving blood for instance. E vitamins helps a lot with making new red cells that’s why I crave it so much after donating.

Nik665

i think a healthy metabolism can and should be able to tolerate foods that arent the best, for example i looove mcdonald fries and before peating thef ood would make me feel off for days, after peating i recovered much quicker from these foods probably as metabolism and thyroid improved meaning liver can clear this stuff out much faster

Lollipop2

@Rinse & rePeat has an awesome recipe for using defatted peanut powder and then re constituting with MCT or plain Coconut oil. Looks yummmmmy! Maybe she will post her pics.

@Rinse & rePeat has an awesome recipe for using defatted peanut powder and then re constituting with MCT or plain Coconut oil. Looks yummmmmy! Maybe she will post her pics.
Yes! It is on page one of my “Peaty Sweets, Sauces & Such” linked below. I use to use MCT, but after hearing Ray Peat say MCT oil should be avoided I switched my recipe to liquid coconut oil. I actually think regular refined coconut oil works just fine as long as you leave the peanut butter at room temperature. I even make peanut butter cups with it!

Attachments

• BD9259D7-70F1-412E-9906-452872E5420D.jpeg
    BD9259D7-70F1-412E-9906-452872E5420D.jpeg
    322.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 226AE408-2D98-4428-9E0C-3197D9215CD6.jpeg
    226AE408-2D98-4428-9E0C-3197D9215CD6.jpeg
    344.3 KB · Views: 11

Lollipop2

Yes! It is on page one of my “Peaty Sweets, Sauces & Such” linked below. I use to use MCT, but after hearing Ray Peat say MCT oil should be avoided I switched my recipe to liquid coconut oil. I actually think regular refined coconut oil works just fine as long as you leave the peanut butter at room temperature. I even make peanut butter cups with it!

Hey thanks for that update on MCT vs refined Coconut oil. I use the refined coconut oil and it does seem to work well!