Pea Protein Powder

MSH

365-wHOLE FOODS

"The fatigue produced by “over-training” is probably produced by a tryptophan and serotonin overload, resulting from catabolism of muscle proteins and stress-induced increases in serotonin. Muscle catabolism also releases a large amount of cysteine, and cysteine, methionine, and tryptophan suppress thyroid function (Carvalho, et al., 2000). Stress also liberates free fatty acids from storage, and these fatty acids increase the uptake of tryptophan into the brain, increasing the formation of serotonin. Since serotonin increases ACTH and cortisol secretion, the catabolic state tends to be self-perpetuating. This process is probably a factor influencing the rate of aging, and contributing to the physiological peculiarities of aging and depression."-RP

Thanks! I wonder if this is why it seems that professional Crossfit athletes seem to age so fast. My wife and I were amazed at how much older some of these athletes looked just in five years of competing.

Thanks again for your input.

D

Deleted member 5487

Thanks! I wonder if this is why it seems that professional Crossfit athletes seem to age so fast. My wife and I were amazed at how much older some of these athletes looked just in five years of competing.

Thanks again for your input.

Cross Fit Athletes put themselves under constant Grinding Stress. This quickly leads to a systemic state of trytophan, methionine, cycsteine ,FFA release, systemic acidity. Which perpetuates the cycles constantly in a spiral downwards and cortisol begins to destroy their youth. Throw in tons of protein and you got a old rugged bag of skin in a few years.

On The Flip Side.

Take a Vegan Iron man athlete with high glucose, low sulfur amminos, and Net Positive PRAL( potentional renal acid load) and you have a 55+ year old who looks 35+/- or so.
upload_2020-6-20_16-49-24.png

I do not recommend a vegan diet. I think animal foods like yolks, nutrient dense fats, and seafoods have alot of nutrientional value and most people will have a higher metabolic rate burning fats and proteins.

Super high glucose/vegan diets are probably ideal for endurance athletes who release plenty of their own amminos and need to shut their cortisol off and make use of High PRAL foods to reduce systemic acidity.

MSH

Cross Fit Athletes put themselves under constant Grinding Stress. This quickly leads to a systemic state of trytophan, methionine, cycsteine ,FFA release, systemic acidity. Which perpetuates the cycles constantly in a spiral downwards and cortisol begins to destroy their youth. Throw in tons of protein and you got a old rugged bag of skin in a few years.

On The Flip Side.

Take a Vegan Iron man athlete with high glucose, low sulfur amminos, and Net Positive PRAL( potentional renal acid load) and you have a 55+ year old who looks 35+/- or so.
View attachment 18237

I do not recommend a vegan diet. I think animal foods like yolks, nutrient dense fats, and seafoods have alot of nutrientional value and most people will have a higher metabolic rate burning fats and proteins.

Super high glucose/vegan diets are probably ideal for endurance athletes who release plenty of their own amminos and need to shut their cortisol off and make use of High PRAL foods to reduce systemic acidity.

What you explain about CrossFiters most likely describes me after about four decades of combat sports/MA’s.

”Most people will have a higher metabolic rate burning fats and proteins.” Isn’t the general idea around here that carbs are better for a higher metabolic rate? I’m curious about this as every time I’ve tried to raise my carbs higher I feel bad, but feel MUCH better with higher protein and fat with lower carbs.

Thanks!

Ableton

On The Flip Side.

View attachment 18237

this dude literally only looks young for his age because he has hair, also dressing style and tattoos
everything else looks his age (in the interview he has some makeup on from the camera crew or some ***t)

it's always the dudes carrying significant bodyfat (like come on, if I did this amount of cardio you could put me in an auschwitz documentary if not on 8k high fat cals) that keep their hair
it indicates absence of stress hormones and adrenals androgens

facially I looked my very best on high plant high carb diet pre peat, when I did tons of cardio and workouts. People literally told me I look like a greek sculpture.
but eventually I metabolically crashed and balded rapidly in that timeframe

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 5487

What you explain about CrossFiters most likely describes me after about four decades of combat sports/MA’s.

”Most people will have a higher metabolic rate burning fats and proteins.” Isn’t the general idea around here that carbs are better for a higher metabolic rate? I’m curious about this as every time I’ve tried to raise my carbs higher I feel bad, but feel MUCH better with higher protein and fat with lower carbs.

Thanks!
If you move you eat carbs. You need to empty glycogen.

A big plate of rice while sitting at the desk job is an abomination.

A few piece of fruit provides glucose to the cells(brain) and glycogen stores.

Heavy starch consumption should be left for those in sports or bodybuilding.

D

Deleted member 5487

this dude literally only looks young for his age because he has hair, also dressing style and tattoos
everything else looks his age (in the interview he has some makeup on from the camera crew or some ***t)

it's always the dudes carrying significant bodyfat (like come on, if I did this amount of cardio you could put me in an auschwitz documentary if not on 8k high fat cals) that keep their hair
it indicates absence of stress hormones and adrenals androgens

facially I looked my very best on high plant high carb diet pre peat, when I did tons of cardio and workouts. People literally told me I look like a greek sculpture.
but eventually I metabolically crashed and balded rapidly in that timeframe

Very Intresting Insight, thanks

Ableton

I think high adrenal androgen men tend to age the best facially and in terms of body but also go bald (think guys like Picard, or Walter White in Breaking Bad).

It's usually bald men who can keep this androgenic leanness in their face past 40

Put a wig on them and they are among the most attractive men for their age.

How often do you see lean old men with hair, let alone lean old men with hair that do cardio?

I think this might also be the evolutionary benefit of baldness, if there is any.

High androgens in old age (even if they are adrenal).

This exludes the estrogenic balding of people with low thyroid AND low stress.

MSH

If you move you eat carbs. You need to empty glycogen.

A big plate of rice while sitting at the desk job is an abomination.

A few piece of fruit provides glucose to the cells(brain) and glycogen stores.

Heavy starch consumption should be left for those in sports or bodybuilding.

Why do we need to empty glycogen?
Thanks

D

Deleted member 5487

Why do we need to empty glycogen?
Thanks

You Don't need to Empy Glycogen but some strength training to improve insulin sensitivity and light jogs/walks in the sun are important.

Small potatos or some fruit is enough glucose. Eating giant plates of rice would require you to be training collegiate or weight lifting hours a day for it to make sense.

MSH

You Don't need to Empy Glycogen but some strength training to improve insulin sensitivity and light jogs/walks in the sun are important.

Small potatos or some fruit is enough glucose. Eating giant plates of rice would require you to be training collegiate or weight lifting hours a day for it to make sense.

Ok. That makes sense. I was just confused by your previous statement about needing to empty glycogen

What do you feel is the baseline amount of carbs in grams for someone who works a desk job ( requiring a lot of cognitive strain), and mild to moderate exercise? Protein? Fat?

Thanks!

D

Deleted member 5487

Ok. That makes sense. I was just confused by your previous statement about needing to empty glycogen

What do you feel is the baseline amount of carbs in grams for someone who works a desk job ( requiring a lot of cognitive strain), and mild to moderate exercise? Protein? Fat?

Thanks!

Depends entirly on coffee consumption/excersise.

It's hard to say. But test out some fruit or a small potato+little fructose from fruit.

Large insulin and blood glucose spikes while sitting at a desk doesn't make any sense and either feeds endotoxins, candida, insulin/blood sugar spikes/cortisol...etc.

I always like people to watch this video to get ideas.

Walking+Sun
Raw Honey for Glycogen
Low calorie Tubers
mabey a few peices of fruit
Small ammounts of protein all gelatinous/bones chewed and eaten.

Ras

On The Flip Side.

View attachment 18237

I thought the goal was net negative PRAL.