Pea Protein Experiences?

• Thread starter Deleted member 5487
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5487

The Amino Composition seems almost perfect. So Low in the bad three.

The Lowered serotonin is such a mood booster, it also seems to shut down cortisol

What are your experiences with it?

Jing

The Lowered serotonin is such a mood booster, it also seems to shut down cortisol

I've been having pea protein for a long time, I seem to digest it better than other protein powders such as whey .

BearWithMe

Peas have plenty of antinutrients. Mostly phytic acid, saponins and lectins. Are these reliably removed during the manufacturing of pea protein powder?

Last edited:

Jennifer

I found it to be a bit irritating to my intestines—it caused bloating, stuffy sinuses and mild headaches—and wasn’t nearly as anabolic for me or healing for my skin as goat’s milk is, but it didn’t weigh me down as much as muscle meat, which I find to be a little less anabolic for me than dairy. I’d say for me, pea protein is similar to powdered gelatin, but not as healing for my skin as gelatin.

Last edited:
Why is cysteine bad? It's the rate limiting precursor for synthesis of glutathione, the body's master antioxidant.
It's "bad" in big amounts( negatively affects the thyroid). It's still essential for health.

Happycat

I could not digest pea protein, I felt it just sat in my stomach and bloated me. Plus, it tasted awful.
How do you guys consume it?

I personally think using pea protein is one of the worst things you could do for your health. In fact, there has been some controversy over legumes possibly giving dogs fatal heart problems(and our digestive system is very similar to dogs). Ray Peat is not in favor of using beans or legumes as a major part of the diet.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals