PDE4 Inhibitor Makes My Autoimmune Issues Bearable

Eric88

So I have POIS - post orgasmic illness syndrome. No-Spa, a PDE4 inhibitor is the only thing that helps manage my inflammatory response after doing the deed. Less IBS/Chron-like pain and brain fog after sex!

Howerever is No-Spa/Drotaverine save for not boosting serotonin? I've read studies where it might act on serotonin receptors. Has Ray discussed PDE4?

SOMO

@Eric88
This question is very specific, but if I had to guess...

Drotaverine is related to Papaverine which is a vasodilator. Hypoxia is a characteristic of some metabolic issues and decreased oxygen consumption is generally a trait of autoimmune issues as well.

Papaverine may increase cAMP and so Drotaverine may be simply improving your metabolic status to some degree.

I think you can get some of the same benefits with Caffeine because Caffeine might increase cAMP.
Caffeine also inhibits some PDE, I'm not sure if it inhibits PDE4 though.

Whether it's safe long term I'm not sure, but I do think there are other pharmaceuticals you should try before Drotaverine.

How can you be sure it's the PDE4 inhibition reducing your symptoms and not another effect of the drug?

Mauritio

Explorer

Is it known what causes the Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome and how to treat that fully?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals