PCOS In Men

Kartoffel

this guy saying that saturated fats and Dairy are no good.

Why should we address something for which he has provided no evidence. Saturated fats do not cause inflammation.

Kartoffel

SFA leads to visceral fat gain which is a giant source of inflammation.

Ah yes, I forgot. They also cause insulin resistance, colitis, cirrhosis, cancer, Alzheimer's, infertility, cognitive decline, and wars in the middle east. Thanks for the science, bro.

belcanto

I'm 22 and balding, have high DHT and progesterone (probably from adrenals). My sister is 20, has PCOS, high T, DHT.
I wonder if the connection is lifestyle related (similar: little exercise, high pufa, low calorie intake, low D) or if is there a genetic factor.

PCOS sufferers also have insulin resistance; if they go to the doctor, they are often treated with birth control pills and metformen, neither of which are Peaty! So see if you can reverse your lifestyle above - more exercise, low PUFA, supplement Vitamin D3/get into the sun more often, work on the insulin resistance. Helping the liver is also important. I started taking amla powder along with my greens powder and it's helping. The amla is high in Vitamin C, which concentrates in the adrenal glands and helps with energy. Another helper for the liver and insulin resistance is R-alpha lipoic acid, which helps to recycle Vitamins C and E. You'll like what it does for your skin, too.

victormgc

PCOS sufferers also have insulin resistance; if they go to the doctor, they are often treated with birth control pills and metformen, neither of which are Peaty! So see if you can reverse your lifestyle above - more exercise, low PUFA, supplement Vitamin D3/get into the sun more often, work on the insulin resistance. Helping the liver is also important. I started taking amla powder along with my greens powder and it's helping. The amla is high in Vitamin C, which concentrates in the adrenal glands and helps with energy. Another helper for the liver and insulin resistance is R-alpha lipoic acid, which helps to recycle Vitamins C and E. You'll like what it does for your skin, too.
I've been trying this way. Already lowered pufa and started getting some sun, along with daily walks. Also bought some supplements like estroban and taurine, which should help.
My sister though started the birth control pills 3 months ago. All of her symptoms improved, but we know the problems that come with it in the long term. If I find a way to heal myself, I'll try to get her to do the same. It will be hard to convince her tho.
Thanks for the recommendations, I'll definitely look into it.

CLASH

SFA leads to visceral fat gain which is a giant source of inflammation.

As much as I appreciate your posts in general, I'm going to have to disagree with you here. Studies aside, I've been eating a high saturated fat/ high sugar diet for years without visceral fat accumulation. I've only gotten leaner and lost weight and I was already lean to start.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals