Pau D'Arco Lapacho Powder

aquaman

As a bit of a note, I was in a health food store recently in the States and got 2 ounces of Pau D'Arco Lapacho powder for around $4

I had never seen it powdered before. Now i'm using it with Cascara in tea form as needed.

Ras

As a bit of a note, I was in a health food store recently in the States and got 2 ounces of Pau D'Arco Lapacho powder for around $4

I had never seen it powdered before. Now i'm using it with Cascara in tea form as needed.
Did this do anything for you?

LucH

Mind vitamin K with coumarin
I have this, in a file ...
Lapacho (or Pau d’Arco) is a "plant" classified in the category "adaptogen" (=> excellent for immunity and acts as anti-fungal).
Restriction: it contains coumarins (fluidity) => Watch your vitamin K intake (green vegetables) to counterbalance the anti-coagulant effect.
Note: greens won't be enough if you drink a lot. K2 will be needed. Some K1 from greens will be converted into K2 (needed for coagulation).

*) Main constituents of lapacho
Quinones (lapachol)
Flavonoids
Lapachenol
Carnosol
Indoles
Coenzyme Q
Alkaloids (tecomine)
Steroid Saponins

Lapacho contains (among others) assimilable iron, tannins, flavonoids and coumarins (enhancing blood fluidity), antiseptics and antibiotics as well as antivirals, and a lot of trace elements and minerals (magnesium, calcium, zinc, Phosphorus, chromium, manganese, silica, copper, molybdenum, sodium, potassium, silver, boron, strontium, gold, barium, nickel).

I use lapacho (or pau d'arco) as infusion with a herbal tea or alone.
I make a perco of + / 8 small cups that I let infuse 15 '.
You can make combinations with your favorite tea. Personally, the mixture I prefer is this one: a lapacho sp + a rooibos sp + sugar when the mixture is ready.
The rooibos is very very rich in antioxidants.
The bark of Lapacho is known for its stimulating action of the body's defenses. It increases resistance to infections. (Source: lesensdenosvies.org)

yerrag

I was doing some research on pau d'arco and I came across this statement:

The chemicals that give pau d'arco its medicinal effects don't dissolve well in water, so a tea is not recommended.

Is this true? If so, then those products in teabags would not do much in terms of providing lapachol and beta-lapachone.

Jam

Teabags are no good. A fine powder is best, washed down with some water.

yerrag

Teabags are no good. A fine powder is best, washed down with some water.
Would the vital ingredients be well-absorbed if they are hydrophobic? Wouldn't it help to have these substance coaxed out using a suitable solvent, like ethanol? Would a mother tincture be better then?

Jam

Tinctures leave out the water-solubles. The major beneficial components of Pau D'Arco might very well not be water-soluble, although this seems strange from what I've researched in the past, but taking the herb whole (as nature provides it to us) as a very fine powder (best absorption) seems to me like the best course of action. The cell walls can be broken down even further by boiling the powder and drinking it all down (but you may be destroying some heat-sensitive compounds...)

yerrag

Tinctures leave out the water-solubles. The major beneficial components of Pau D'Arco might very well not be water-soluble, although this seems strange from what I've researched in the past, but taking the herb whole (as nature provides it to us) as a very fine powder (best absorption) seems to me like the best course of action. The cell walls can be broken down even further by boiling the powder and drinking it all down (but you may be destroying some heat-sensitive compounds...)
I'm not entirely convinced myself that a mother tincture is needed given that pau d'arco, as I am to understand it, has been drank as a tea by the natives in South America. But there are as much as 50 varieties of the tree that can be classified as having bark that van be called pau d'arco. So there is enough variation in pau d'arco for it to have good effects taken in different ways, I suppose.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals