Pastured Eggs

ALS

I went searching for non-soy pastured eggs and found Misty Meadows farm, which is near me. I looked at the profile of their eggs on their website and it says their eggs have more omega 3's and less saturated fat than factory farmed eggs (via lab tests).

So why should I be eating these instead of factory farmed, outside of the obvious humane issues?

GreekGod

Do they wash the eggs? If the shells are clean in the carton, they've been washed. That removes the protective film on the egg. They start going bad as soon as they are washed, plus you have to refrigerate them. If they have some dirt on them, then you can assume they haven't been washed, you can leave them on the counter for some time with no problems.

Kunder

I went searching for non-soy pastured eggs and found Misty Meadows farm, which is near me. I looked at the profile of their eggs on their website and it says their eggs have more omega 3's and less saturated fat than factory farmed eggs (via lab tests).

So why should I be eating these instead of factory farmed, outside of the obvious humane issues?

Everybody adjusts their marketing bull**** to the most popular trend. People lie for profit.