Parmigiano Reggiano - Anything Special?

hierundjetzt

Grana Padano cheese is my favorite which is similar to Parmigiano Reggiano.
Grana Padano - Wikipedia
Parmigiano-Reggiano - Wikipedia
I've never tried Parmigiano, but again they are similar. The differences might be the specific's to make/age it as you can find on the wiki.

What I find special about Grana is the way it kinda melt's in the mouth, texture(crystals), and has a great taste. Both the Grana and Parmigiano have the crystals.
The cheese has crystals which are said to be high in tyrosine/leucine/isoleucine... perhaps enhances mood/muscles :D
Cheese crystals - Wikipedia
Peat might like it due to the way it's made or aged. Probably easy to digest.
It's also an expensive cheese lol.

As I live in Italy I can enlighten you on the main differences. As was mentioned, they come from different geographical areas (they might even overlap). But the main difference that you should be worried about that the cow's milk used to make Gran Padano often comes from cows which have been fed soya, corn and/or grains. I personally only but Parmigiano Reggiano which is also expensive here in Italy. At the moment I'm trying to not eat it too often since I noticed some allergic reaction to it, which I suspect may be from the whey they use in it (I am pretty sure they use whey in its production, but don't quote me on it).

Jam

As I live in Italy I can enlighten you on the main differences. As was mentioned, they come from different geographical areas (they might even overlap). But the main difference that you should be worried about that the cow's milk used to make Gran Padano often comes from cows which have been fed soya, corn and/or grains. I personally only but Parmigiano Reggiano which is also expensive here in Italy. At the moment I'm trying to not eat it too often since I noticed some allergic reaction to it, which I suspect may be from the whey they use in it (I am pretty sure they use whey in its production, but don't quote me on it).

Yes, they use aged (fermented) whey (siero innesto). The secret behind Parmigiano Reggiano, as seen in ads , is the "marino", a sea breeze coming off the Adriatic sea. But yeah, Parmigiano Reggiano is far superior to Grana Padano, no doubt. Also, most Grana has crap preservatives. I just ordered 5kg of Parmigiano straight from the source, as I can no longer find anything but Grana in my area of Piedmont.

P

Peatness

I ate Parmigiano Reggiano last night and today my stomach is swollen

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals