Parkinson's Link To Statins: Calls To End Widespread Use Of The Drug

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Parkinson's link to statins: Calls to end widespread use of the drug

PLANS for the mass prescription of statins should be shelved after a study linked the drug to Parkinson’s disease, an expert last night warned.

Dr Kailash Chand, deputy chairman of the British Medical Association, was speaking following research which found those who take the cholesterol-lowering drugs are more than twice as likely to develop Parkinson’s disease in later life than those who do not.

The risks of side-effects of these drugs are far greater than any potential benefits and it is high time these drugs were restricted in the low-risk population

Rest of article at link:
http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/hea ... ve-disease

heartnhands

No surprise at all. It's been known for several years that the enzyme statins inhibit in making cholesterol, (HMA CoA) reductase, is also used to make CoQ10 in the mitochondria. Taking statins is poisoning one's metabolism, it's insane.

Coenzyme Q10 and Statin-Induced Mitochondrial Dysfunction

Thanks for your synopsis....My ambition is that one of these days I'll be able to pay attention to the written reports like the one you so kindly posted and be able to quickly and accurately absorb, analyse, understand and explain what's being reported. In the mean time...Thanks a million....This is just the sort of thing I have to pass on to a few friends.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals