Parkinson’s Begins In The Gut. One More Study

New evidence of gut-brain connection in Parkinson's disease

https://www.cell.com/neuron/fulltext/S0896-6273(19)30488-X

An important and rigorous new animal study led by scientists at Johns Hopkins University has demonstrated how the misfolded proteins thought to cause Parkinson's disease may originate in the gut, and travel up to the brain via the vagus nerve. This research builds on a compelling body of evidence pointing to a gut-brain connection in the disease and hints at possible new treatment pathways.

GenericName86

Interesting, I've been seeing this come up more and more about the gut relation, I've also heard lithium can help clear the misfolded proteins

Kray

New evidence of gut-brain connection in Parkinson's disease

https://www.cell.com/neuron/fulltext/S0896-6273(19)30488-X

An important and rigorous new animal study led by scientists at Johns Hopkins University has demonstrated how the misfolded proteins thought to cause Parkinson's disease may originate in the gut, and travel up to the brain via the vagus nerve. This research builds on a compelling body of evidence pointing to a gut-brain connection in the disease and hints at possible new treatment pathways.

Accidental discovery leads to Parkinson's disease cure in mice - Study Finds

Vinny

Interesting, I've been seeing this come up more and more about the gut relation, I've also heard lithium can help clear the misfolded proteins
Heard? Any evidences that lithium can do this?

GenericName86

Heard? Any evidences that lithium can do this?

Yeah, heard. Just a quick google just then brought up this Lithium Facilitates Removal of Misfolded Proteins and Attenuated Faulty Interaction Between Mutant SOD1 and p-CREB (Ser133) Through Enhanced Autophagy in Mutant hSOD1 G93A Transfected Neuronal Cell Lines - PubMed

As for where I heard it I can't remember, I visit so many alternative health forums, I think it was Caustic Symmetry from immortal hair that was posting things about it.