Parkinson’s Begins In The Gut. One More Study

New evidence of gut-brain connection in Parkinson's disease

https://www.cell.com/neuron/fulltext/S0896-6273(19)30488-X

An important and rigorous new animal study led by scientists at Johns Hopkins University has demonstrated how the misfolded proteins thought to cause Parkinson's disease may originate in the gut, and travel up to the brain via the vagus nerve. This research builds on a compelling body of evidence pointing to a gut-brain connection in the disease and hints at possible new treatment pathways.

GenericName86

Interesting, I've been seeing this come up more and more about the gut relation, I've also heard lithium can help clear the misfolded proteins

Kray

New evidence of gut-brain connection in Parkinson's disease

https://www.cell.com/neuron/fulltext/S0896-6273(19)30488-X

An important and rigorous new animal study led by scientists at Johns Hopkins University has demonstrated how the misfolded proteins thought to cause Parkinson's disease may originate in the gut, and travel up to the brain via the vagus nerve. This research builds on a compelling body of evidence pointing to a gut-brain connection in the disease and hints at possible new treatment pathways.

Accidental discovery leads to Parkinson's disease cure in mice - Study Finds

GenericName86

Heard? Any evidences that lithium can do this?

Yeah, heard. Just a quick google just then brought up this Lithium Facilitates Removal of Misfolded Proteins and Attenuated Faulty Interaction Between Mutant SOD1 and p-CREB (Ser133) Through Enhanced Autophagy in Mutant hSOD1 G93A Transfected Neuronal Cell Lines - PubMed

As for where I heard it I can't remember, I visit so many alternative health forums, I think it was Caustic Symmetry from immortal hair that was posting things about it.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
haidut Red Light Therapy For Parkinson Disease (PD) Begins Human Trials Scientific Studies 0
haidut Metabolic (energy) deficiency may be the cause of Parkinson Disease (PD) Scientific Studies 1
L Freezing Gait & Slow Movement (Possible Parkinson’s) My Dad is 55 Ask For Help or Advice 16
charlie An Open-Label Pilot Study With High-Dose Thiamine in Parkinson's Disease Scientific Studies 5
haidut Serotonin may cause schizophrenia, Parkinson, and Alzheimer diseases Scientific Studies 2
S Lisuride Healed My Parkinson Testimonials 34
haidut Parkinson Disease (PD) May Begin In The Gut Scientific Studies 0
haidut Simply Inhaling Endotoxin (LPS) May Cause Parkinson Disease (PD) Scientific Studies 2
E New Evidence That Higher Caffeine And Urate Levels Are Protective Against Parkinson's Disease Scientific Studies 2
Mito New Evidence That Higher Caffeine And Urate Levels Are Protective Against Parkinson’s Articles & Scientific Studies 0
Kingpinguin Dietary Vitamin E But Not Supplemental Significantly Decreased Risk Of Parkinson Scientific Studies 11
Blossom Antibiotics And Increased Risk For Parkinson's Disease? Articles & Scientific Studies 9
haidut Drop In Androgen Levels Causes Parkinson Disease (PD), DHT Reverses It Scientific Studies 39
mrchibbs New Study: Parkinson Could Be Linked To Intestinal Infections Scientific Studies 6
haidut Serotonin Excess, Not Dopamine Deficiency, May Be The Cause Of Parkinson Scientific Studies 25
Seleniodine Serotonin Link To Parkinson's Scientific Studies 0
D Lower Ceruloplasmin Found In Parkinson’s Scientific Studies 44
L Exemestane (AI) Protects Against Parkinson Scientific Studies 16
H Purine Ingestion With Molybdenum Deficiency - Parkinson’s Scientific Studies 0
Fractality The Appendix Is Implicated In Parkinson’s Disease Scientific Studies 15
D X-rays Reveal The Important Role Of Copper In Parkinson’s Disease Scientific Studies 6
haidut Bile Acid Stimulates Mitochondrial Function, Could Treat Parkinson And Alzheimer's Scientific Studies 20
haidut Niacinamide May Be A Viable Treatment For Parkinson Disease (PD) Scientific Studies 8
burtlancast Parkinson Caused By Nuclear Radioactivity? Miscellaneous Health Discussions 3
Soren Methylene Blue And Light For Lymes Disease/Parkinson's? Mental Issues 0
haidut Tremor In Parkinson Disease (PD) Is Due To High Serotonin Scientific Studies 20
haidut Stearic Acid Increases Mitochondrial Function, May Treat Parkinson Disease (PD) Scientific Studies 36
brocktoon Chronic Lack Of Energy W/Parkinson's Ask For Help or Advice 18
haidut White-collar Jobs Linked To ALS And Parkinson Scientific Studies 15
SQu KMUD 170317 Endocrinology, Parkinson's 1 Audio Interview Transcripts 7
Soren More Evidence Parkinson's Starts In The Gut Digestion, Gut Flora 1
Dan Wich KMUD: 3-17-17 Endocrinology (Part 1): Parkinson's KMUD Radio-The Herb Doctors 19
haidut Caffeine Protects Against Dementia (AD), ALS, Parkinson, And Huntington Disease Scientific Studies 12
yerrag Thoughts And Advice On My Cat Condition Progressing From Hyperesthesia Towards Parkinson's Animals 20
haidut RoundUp (glyphosate) Linked To Alzheimers, Parkinson And ALS Scientific Studies 4
P Reduced Plasma Taurine Level In Parkinson's Disease: Association With Motor Severity And Levodopa Tr Articles & Scientific Studies 1
Drareg Increased G6pdh Expression May Protect In Parkinson's Disease Scientific Studies 0
Soren Parkinson's Disease Cancer, Degenerative Diseases 59
K Supplements For Parkinson Disease Cancer, Degenerative Diseases 26
Mr Rossi Thiamine (b1) Reverses Parkinson Disease In Humans - Before/after Videos Scientific Studies 8
I Niacinamide Parkinson's Connection? B3/Niacinamide 13
haidut Aspirin Effective For Alzheimer, Parkinson And Huntington Aspirin 4
haidut High intake of vitamin B6 protects from Parkinson B6 8
haidut Thiamine (B1) Reverses Parkinson Disease In Humans Scientific Studies 61
haidut Inhibiting Hypoxia Biomarker (HIF-1) Reverses Parkinson Disease Scientific Studies 38
sweetly Near-infrared Light Is Neuroprotective In A Monkey Model Of Parkinson's Disease. (2015) Scientific Studies 0
sweetly Caffeine And Progression Of Parkinson Disease: A Deleterious Interaction With Creatine Cancer, Degenerative Diseases 47
haidut Taurine-like Compounds May Treat Parkinson Disease Scientific Studies 1
charlie Parkinson's Link To Statins: Calls To End Widespread Use Of The Drug Miscellaneous Health Discussions 2
S Sodium, Lithium, Parkinson's Scientific Studies 10