Parathyroid And Thyroid

iLoveSugar

Can hyperparathyroidism cause one to be hypothyroid or cause symptoms to overlap?

My mother had a very bad illness that went on for a year before seeing a top known doctor in Florida years ago and having surgery.

I haven't had calcium or any alike tests done, but am wondering if this could be an issue.

Brain fog (severe), nerves, dizziness, constipation, lethargy, cfs in general are the worst symptoms.

Jennifer

Though symptoms can overlap in a lot of "diseases," and there are numerous things that can affect specific tissues beyond what I list below, the symptoms you describe sound mainly like that of an adrenal weakness.

The adrenal glands are linked to the nervous system, inflammation, carbohydrate and mineral utilization (produces mineralocorticol steroids for proper mineral utilization such as with the body's electrolyte balance), healing and repair of tissues. Weakness or failure of these glands will be seen as:

* "itis's" (all inflammatory conditions)
* Fibrocystic conditions
* Fibromyalgia, scleroderma and sciatica
* Ovarian cysts
* Excessive bleeding
* Endometriosis and atypical cell formation
* Prostatitis
* Prostate cancer
* All female cancers
* M.S. and Parkinson's Disease
* Tremors
* Tinnitus (ringing in the ears)
* Shortness of breath
* Cholesterol plaqueing
* Dehydration
* Anxieties, excessive shyness, emotional sensitivities, and other related conditions
* Sleep disorders
* Memory problems
* Early puberty, initial menstruation, and irregular menstruation
* Conception problems
* Sexual problems (including lack of or excessive sex drive, impotence, erection problems, frigidity in women, and fertility problems)
* Low energy (Chronic Fatigue)
* Low endurance

Calcium requires a parathyroid hormone so it can be utilized properly by your body. Failure to utilize calcium results in:

* Bone loss (Osteoporosis spinal deterioration or herniated disks)
* Bone (calcium) spurs
* Arthritis (adrenal gland weakness must also be present)
* Connective tissue weakness causing prolapsed conditions (dropping) of skin, bladder, uterus, bowels, and other organs
* Varicose veins and spider veins
* Hemorrhoids
* Depression
* Nerve weakness
* Spasms, cramping of muscles, convulsions
* Dehydration
* Ridged, brittle or weakened fingernails
* Anemia (low calcium causes poor iron utilization)
* Scoliosis
* Ruptured disks
* Hernias
* Aneurysms
* MVP (mitral valve prolapse - heart)

Weakness or a failure of the thyroid will show up as:

* Obesity (if your pancreas is weak, you can be thin and still have a thyroid weakness)
* Low metabolism (can give you poor digestion)
* Low body temperature (cold extremities and cold intolerance)
* Hair loss and balding
* Failure to sweat properly, affecting skin elimination (creates dry skin and other conditions)

Uncaged

Can hyperparathyroidism cause one to be hypothyroid or cause symptoms to overlap?

My mother had a very bad illness that went on for a year before seeing a top known doctor in Florida years ago and having surgery.

I haven't had calcium or any alike tests done, but am wondering if this could be an issue.

Brain fog (severe), nerves, dizziness, constipation, lethargy, cfs in general are the worst symptoms.

Wondering if you ever had a resolution to this. I too consulted with the parathyroid clinic in Florida and was told that my calcium/parathyroid/ionized calcium merited surgery, however, after testing again it had gone down by .01, and they told me I was no longer a candidate.

I haven't retested since, but I'm having all the issues, especially dementia like symptoms, and the littlest noises cause my nerves to jump. If I don't supplement magnesium I have twitching/pulsing all over my body and can't sleep. Some days I struggle to function, mentally. I struggle with driving and reaction time. I feel like I'm constantly in a dream like state throughout the day, the feeling you get when you wake up from a nap and don't know where you are/what time it is, that's how I go about my day quite often. Liver (assuming the vitamin K content) offers some relief. But I've had severe allergic reactions to Thorne K2.

Last edited:
OP
I

iLoveSugar

I wish I had answers for you. I'm still no better, although in my case, I don't think its parathyroid related.

My mother had surgery about 15 years ago by a doctor in Tampa (Dr Norman?).

Orangeyouglad

Though symptoms can overlap in a lot of "diseases," and there are numerous things that can affect specific tissues beyond what I list below, the symptoms you describe sound mainly like that of an adrenal weakness.

The adrenal glands are linked to the nervous system, inflammation, carbohydrate and mineral utilization (produces mineralocorticol steroids for proper mineral utilization such as with the body's electrolyte balance), healing and repair of tissues. Weakness or failure of these glands will be seen as:

* "itis's" (all inflammatory conditions)
* Fibrocystic conditions
* Fibromyalgia, scleroderma and sciatica
* Ovarian cysts
* Excessive bleeding
* Endometriosis and atypical cell formation
* Prostatitis
* Prostate cancer
* All female cancers
* M.S. and Parkinson's Disease
* Tremors
* Tinnitus (ringing in the ears)
* Shortness of breath
* Cholesterol plaqueing
* Dehydration
* Anxieties, excessive shyness, emotional sensitivities, and other related conditions
* Sleep disorders
* Memory problems
* Early puberty, initial menstruation, and irregular menstruation
* Conception problems
* Sexual problems (including lack of or excessive sex drive, impotence, erection problems, frigidity in women, and fertility problems)
* Low energy (Chronic Fatigue)
* Low endurance

Calcium requires a parathyroid hormone so it can be utilized properly by your body. Failure to utilize calcium results in:

* Bone loss (Osteoporosis spinal deterioration or herniated disks)
* Bone (calcium) spurs
* Arthritis (adrenal gland weakness must also be present)
* Connective tissue weakness causing prolapsed conditions (dropping) of skin, bladder, uterus, bowels, and other organs
* Varicose veins and spider veins
* Hemorrhoids
* Depression
* Nerve weakness
* Spasms, cramping of muscles, convulsions
* Dehydration
* Ridged, brittle or weakened fingernails
* Anemia (low calcium causes poor iron utilization)
* Scoliosis
* Ruptured disks
* Hernias
* Aneurysms
* MVP (mitral valve prolapse - heart)

Weakness or a failure of the thyroid will show up as:

* Obesity (if your pancreas is weak, you can be thin and still have a thyroid weakness)
* Low metabolism (can give you poor digestion)
* Low body temperature (cold extremities and cold intolerance)
* Hair loss and balding
* Failure to sweat properly, affecting skin elimination (creates dry skin and other conditions)

If this is adrenal related, what you would do to fix it?

Jennifer

@Orangeyouglad — Along with standard stress reduction tools like getting plenty of easily digestible carbs, sleep and some form of meditation — standard meditation, music, painting/drawing, dancing, swimming, martial arts etc. — I've used adaptogenic herbs with good results but it took NDT for my adrenals to truly relax (with the right dose — too much and my cholesterol drops too low, triggering stress hormones) so I think the thyroid should be considered, too.

i think hyperparathyroidism can cause hypothyroidism. Dr. Peat actually discusses that in his most recent Radio One interview at some point

High parathyroid hormone causes calcification of the soft tissues, and high aldosterone, which in turn can lead to lower thyroid function.

Opioidus

@Orangeyouglad — Along with standard stress reduction tools like getting plenty of easily digestible carbs, sleep and some form of meditation — standard meditation, music, painting/drawing, dancing, swimming, martial arts etc. — I've used adaptogenic herbs with good results but it took NDT for my adrenals to truly relax (with the right dose — too much and my cholesterol drops too low, triggering stress hormones) so I think the thyroid should be considered, too.
Forgive my ignorance but what is NDT?

Jennifer

@Opioidus — No worries! I should remember to write it out in full for those who have never heard of it. NDT stands for natural desiccated thyroid. I'm taking the brand WP Thyroid. :)

Opioidus

@Opioidus — No worries! I should remember to write it out in full for those who have never heard of it. NDT stands for natural desiccated thyroid. I'm taking the brand WP Thyroid. :)
Oh OK, thanks. I have an order of T2 on the way to reset my core body temperature as per some protocols I found on this website but if that fails dissipated thyroid will be my next choice since I have read some amazing reviews on Amazon.

Jennifer

You're welcome, @Opioidus! I didn't know a T2 only supplement existed. Interesting. I hope it works!