Parasites, Worms - Can You Have It And Not Know ?

Dobster

Has anyone on RPF had parasites, worms etc and not known they had it ?
Would the same also cause issues with depletion of essential minerals and mess up your hormonal balance ?
I would like to hear from those who've had it and cured themselves from this type of issue.

Be Well
Dobster.

tara

I can't be definite about myself, but I believe that it is not always easy to detect and diagnose parasites, and that one can be infected without knowing, with potential consequences as you say.

Peat has suggested flowers of sulphur as one possible treatment.

For myself, I just decided to do a broad spectrum treatment (maybe not Peat-recommended) a couple of times (a year apart) just in case.

If you are keen you can inspect for evidence after treatment - I wasn't that keen. :)

OP
D

Dobster

@tara Thanks for your reply. The reason I asked is I've heard horror stories and read up that people have had tape worms for ages and not known.
Those parasites leach of all the nutrients and leave nothing for your body.
What is Flowers of Sulphur ? Haven't heard of it before this.

Thanks
Dobster

tara

IIUC, flowers of sulphur (or sulfur) is also known as sublimed sulphur or brimstone.

I think Peat's suggestion was a pinch three days in a row or 1 tsp once.
I think there are people here who have tried it and reported, if you search.
Personally, I'd probably want to check that my system was not running extremely acidic before trying this, in case it exacerbated. I'm considering trying it for this year's treatment.

OP
D

Dobster

Thanks @tara, sounds promising. I will research it more here and see what I come up with.

Be Well
Dobster

Greg says

Would the same also cause issues with depletion of essential minerals and mess up your hormonal balance ?
I would like to hear from those who've had it and cured themselves from this type of issue.

Be Well
Dobster.

I am rather ambiguous regarding parasites. I personally have had infections from trips to India. Giardia and roundworm to name a couple. I have done many 'cleanses' and parasite protocols (black walnut/wormwood/clove). Have I got rid of them? The giardia, yes, as I did tests with a doctor. But do I still have other parasites? I don't know. You could have parasites and live quite happily with no symptoms. If your metabolism is running as it should then you should have a better defence system. If you have tests targeting specific parasites then that makes it easier to target but the protocols (natural) are laborious, stressful and lengthy. I got rid of my Giardia in a couple weeks with drugs. Ray Peat recommends flowers of sulphur for a few days. I have done this many times. Does it work? I don't know. I sleep with a dog on my bed, and have children around who have had pin worm etc. so it's almost impossible to avoid. But like I said, if you are healthy and resilient then you have better defences. We may also be able to live happily together.

Screen Shot 2016-09-16 at 21.08.34.png

Here is a close up of a round worm that crawled out of my **** a few weeks after returning home after a trip to India... and I'm sure round worms don't travel alone.... I had incredibly intense pangs of irritability leading up to this experience... :nailbiting: ... Look out for an itchy bum, especially around full moon, when their eggs hatch. :vomit:

Travis

Nice assworm!

The traditional plant remedies were Epazote, Male Fern, and Papaya Seeds. These things are natural and cheap. I myself took many different types of vermifuges as a precautionary measure, but I haven't seen anything come out.

I think that parasites are a bit over-hyped by the corporations that sell "dewormers". The life cycle of many parasites have been essentially broken by our sanitation techniques.

For the best info on parasites, look no further than these podcasts: This Week in Parasitism
The first 50 or so podcasts are worth listening to. After that, Dr. Despommier basically runs out of material and the content is subsequently diluted.

I would worry about Hookworm in the Deep South; Trichinella and Pork Tapeworm if you eat pigs. Other than that, you should be in the clear.

OP
D

Dobster

@Greg says I am not surprised, there's actually a lot of cases of where something crawls out of your A$$ :)
The problem is my metabolic defences might be compromised. I suffer from AFS etc. @Travis I've tried papaya seeds, not sure if they do work.
I'll have to look for more intense cleaning process. Not sure what that is at the moment...but hope to have something soon.

Thank you!
Dobster

Travis

Just so you know, before synthetic phamaceuticals were used, male fern and epazote were the official AMA endorsed vermifuges: They were the Cadillac of dewormers. The name for epazote extract was Oil of Chenopodium; and the name for male fern extract was Aspidium.

Extracts of these plants are very efficacious.

I got rid of giardia with digestive enzymes and a brief fast. Prescription pills didn't do the job.

ive had cats growing up my entire life.... i always wondered if i had some weird parasite from them or something... im talking a lot of cats too, so if parasistes is a possiblity i probably have it...... no clue though

OP
D

Dobster

'Monsters inside me' a series I see here in Asia has opened got the attention of a lot of people that were unaware of creepy crawlies in your
body. Scary stuff.

@tara Thanks for your reply. The reason I asked is I've heard horror stories and read up that people have had tape worms for ages and not known.
Those parasites leach of all the nutrients and leave nothing for your body.
What is Flowers of Sulphur ? Haven't heard of it before this.

Thanks
Dobster

Be Well
Dobster.
Hi My daughter has had Chronic Fatigue and recently the doctor tested for parasites and after the treatment

Be Well
Dobster.
hi My daughter has had chronic fatigue symptoms for years.Also my friends son was OCD and suicidal / self harm at times. They were treated for parasites and are both getting better. Miraculous his mum says.After all a twelve ayear old boy really just wants to ride his bike and have fun .The tests were sent to Germany though as routine tests showed nothing.

ATP

Hi My daughter has had Chronic Fatigue and recently the doctor tested for parasites and after the treatment

hi My daughter has had chronic fatigue symptoms for years.Also my friends son was OCD and suicidal / self harm at times. They were treated for parasites and are both getting better. Miraculous his mum says.After all a twelve ayear old boy really just wants to ride his bike and have fun .The tests were sent to Germany though as routine tests showed nothing.
Do you know specifically what they were tested for? Also, what was there treatment?

OP
D

Dobster

hi @aussiedownunder @jayegray @denise thank you all for you responses. I'd like to hear more about the specific parasites that were found.
Also more info on the Blood work for the German labs. Am sure a lot of us here suspects we have parasites and the usual BW doesn't show it.

Be Well
Dobster

Hi M

Be Well
Dobster.
My daughter recently was tested for parasites and also a friends son. My daughter has depression & chronic fatigue and my sons twelve year old has ADD , ODD , self harms and suicidal . All twelve year olds want to do is have fun and ride their bikes really. Anyway both tests were sent to Germany as nothing showed on routine tests.Paraites were detected and they are both improving day by day- my friends son especially. She said it's like a miracle.

hi @aussiedownunder @jayegray @denise thank you all for you responses. I'd like to hear more about the specific parasites that were found.
Also more info on the Blood work for the German labs. Am sure a lot of us here suspects we have parasites and the usual BW doesn't show it.

Be Well
Dobster
Hi M

My daughter recently was tested for parasites and also a friends son. My daughter has depression & chronic fatigue and my sons twelve year old has ADD , ODD , self harms and suicidal . All twelve year olds want to do is have fun and ride their bikes really. Anyway both tests were sent to Germany as nothing showed on routine tests.Paraites were detected and they are both improving day by day- my friends son especially. She said it's like a miracle.
I'm not sure but will ask them about specifics.The. Doctor said we can't be well if parasites are excreting into our bloodstream 23/7!