Papaya enzyme tablets for digestion

Sherbert

Just bought some papaya enzyme tablets for digestion(American Health brand).. tasty.. can't tell, do they actually work or are they just expensive candy?

Jessie

Who knows really. I think I'd probably throw it into the same category as some of the other digestive enzymes, like betaine. They're probably useful for people who have low stomach acid.

The two most common causes of low stomach acid are hypothyroidism and taking anti-acid medications. You fix either of these problems, and you'll probably not need them.

DrJ

Just bought some papaya enzyme tablets for digestion(American Health brand).. tasty.. can't tell, do they actually work or are they just expensive candy?
They help break down protein if you have trouble with that.

Phaedrus

My wife is pregnant and papaya enzymes were recommended to her by her midwife since she started experiencing a lot of indigestion, constipation, and other GI issues a few weeks into the pregnancy. She told us they will help maximize the digestion and absorption of your nutrients consumed. I think they’ve helped her at least a little. If anything, these chewable pills also contain calcium carbonate, so getting a little extra calcium with each meal for her is a bonus. They taste like Tums!

OP
Sherbert

Sherbert

Who knows really. I think I'd probably throw it into the same category as some of the other digestive enzymes, like betaine. They're probably useful for people who have low stomach acid.

The two most common causes of low stomach acid are hypothyroidism and taking anti-acid medications. You fix either of these problems, and you'll probably not need them.
good point thanks 🙏🏼

OP
Sherbert

Sherbert

OP
Sherbert

Sherbert

My wife is pregnant and papaya enzymes were recommended to her by her midwife since she started experiencing a lot of indigestion, constipation, and other GI issues a few weeks into the pregnancy. She told us they will help maximize the digestion and absorption of your nutrients consumed. I think they’ve helped her at least a little. If anything, these chewable pills also contain calcium carbonate, so getting a little extra calcium with each meal for her is a bonus. They taste like Tums!
good to know they somewhat helped.. and congratulations 🍾🎈 🍼

frannybananny

I have chewed papaya enzymes for years if I have eaten a little too much or don't want to get sleepy after a meal. They really help with digestion and can keep you from getting heartburn.... give you way more energy after a meal.

OP
Sherbert

Sherbert

I have chewed papaya enzymes for years if I have eaten a little too much or don't want to get sleepy after a meal. They really help with digestion and can keep you from getting heartburn.... give you way more energy after a meal.
fantastic thanks 🙏🏼