Pantothenic Acid For Acne Vulgaris And Other Patented Uses

Discussion in 'Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs' started by David PS, Mar 5, 2017.

1. David PS

David PS Member

I noticed that Lit-Hung Leung had patented (now expired) methods of treating acne vulgaris. One method includes administering to a patient suffering from acne vulgaris a combination of pharmaceutical agents consisting essentially of:

(1) approximately 2 to 10 grams pantothenic acid;

(2) approximately 0.3 to 3 grams nicotinic acid; and

(3) approximately 5 to 50 milligrams biotin, said combination of pharmaceutical agents being administered to said patient systemically in divided doses about 1 to 5 times a day.

He also has other patents that include the use of pantothenic acid for enhancing athletic performance and weight loss. The size of the doses of vitamins arguably make them act as pharmaceuticals. This does not impress me as being very Peatarian; but it might be worth a short term trial if there is a need. Here is a link to the patents:

ininventor:"Lit-Hung Leung" - Google Search

2. Steven Bussinger

Steven Bussinger Member

Yeah, I have taken 5-10 grams of B5 to suppress acne before. It worked for me. My skin felt very smooth.

Nowadays, I do not have acne, but still have a lot of scarring. Isolated zits or breakouts are clues to me about something I'm eating or supplementing.