Pansterone - Liquid Pregnenolone/DHEA Mix

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Last edited by a moderator:

Milky

Observations so far:

I've been using it since Friday, approximately 4 drops (1/2 dose) twice a day applied to inside of elbows (1 drop each side) and chest (1 drop each pec). 3 days so far for about 1 dose worth each day, haven't used it today yet.

Libido Increase - I've noticed more solid erections and the way everything hangs down there is different. More details later on this, but these effects I perceive as positive.

Muscle Soreness - I'm noticing something strange with my arms, the upper forearm muscles (bracioradialis, I believe) are tight and sore, pretty much at the site of application. Yesterday I took a nap and when I woke up my hands were numb for the first time in a long time seemingly due to poor circulation. My arms actually feel like I've been working out, but I haven't since Thurs last week. Is this what "exercise in a bottle" means when it comes to DHEA? They feel bigger, tighter, and maybe even stronger, but they're just a bit sore.

Insomnia - Had trouble falling asleep last night because my arms were sore and I couldn't get comfortable, and woke up at 3:30 feeling like my heart was beating a bit harder than usual, but I took my pulse and it was 52. it's usually around 60 when I'm in bed, thought I don't usually measure in the middle of the night.

Metallic Taste in Mouth - I noticed this today. It was really strong this morning when I ate breakfast, to the point I thought there was something wrong with my scrambled eggs. Could this be the DMSO? The last 1/2 dose I had was yesterday afternoon. I can still taste a slight metallic taste. I took a zinc picolinate 30mg capsule this morning, but I've been taking that almost daily for about a month now and never noticed anything. Also took an aspirin with some glycine mixed in coffee this AM.

I'm thinking I'll skip a few days and drop down to just 2 drops at a time for a bit and see how that goes.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Milky said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/97700/ Observations so far:

I've been using it since Friday, approximately 4 drops (1/2 dose) twice a day applied to inside of elbows (1 drop each side) and chest (1 drop each pec). 3 days so far for about 1 dose worth each day, haven't used it today yet.

Libido Increase - I've noticed more solid erections and the way everything hangs down there is different. More details later on this, but these effects I perceive as positive.

Muscle Soreness - I'm noticing something strange with my arms, the upper forearm muscles (bracioradialis, I believe) are tight and sore, pretty much at the site of application. Yesterday I took a nap and when I woke up my hands were numb for the first time in a long time seemingly due to poor circulation. My arms actually feel like I've been working out, but I haven't since Thurs last week. Is this what "exercise in a bottle" means when it comes to DHEA? They feel bigger, tighter, and maybe even stronger, but they're just a bit sore.

Insomnia - Had trouble falling asleep last night because my arms were sore and I couldn't get comfortable, and woke up at 3:30 feeling like my heart was beating a bit harder than usual, but I took my pulse and it was 52. it's usually around 60 when I'm in bed, thought I don't usually measure in the middle of the night.

Metallic Taste in Mouth - I noticed this today. It was really strong this morning when I ate breakfast, to the point I thought there was something wrong with my scrambled eggs. Could this be the DMSO? The last 1/2 dose I had was yesterday afternoon. I can still taste a slight metallic taste. I took a zinc picolinate 30mg capsule this morning, but I've been taking that almost daily for about a month now and never noticed anything. Also took an aspirin with some glycine mixed in coffee this AM.

I'm thinking I'll skip a few days and drop down to just 2 drops at a time for a bit and see how that goes.

Thanks for the review. Couple of notes from me.

1. Muscle soreness - increased levels of DHT are known to cause that feeling. I get it as well, very much like you said - i.e. a feeling like I have worked out but I have not. DHT will make muscles feel harder/tighter and much stronger, but as far as I can tell it won't cause muscle growth on its own. Actually, even with training DHT contributes mostly to strength and muscle tone but not so much to growth.

2. Insomnia - pregnenolone is known to cause this in some people when taken at night. I would switch to morning application only and keep it like that for couple of weeks. By then the body should adjust and pregnenolone should not be causing much insomnia so you should be able to take in afternoon/evening as well.

3. Metallic taste - no clue what is causing this. Never heard of DMSO causing such side effects, I personally get only a garlic taste and even that disappeared after a few weeks of using Pansterone. Even a full dose of 24 drops will have less than 800mg DMSO so most people should not even notice it. And those who do notice it should stop noticing it within a week or two as the organism adapts to metabolizing DMSO better. It could be the DMSO increasing the absorption of something else metallic you are taking, so I would try to take Pansterone only for a few days and see if that changes the taste.

Thanks again for the feedback!

Milky

Okay thanks haidut. I'll stick with a few drops in the mornings for now and see if that works better. I've heard that before about pregnenolone. Makes sense. The metallic taste seemed to be random and I didn't really associate it with the pansterone, but the DMSO potentiating effect makes sesnse as well. I don't even notice a garlic taste, but I've barely had 8 drops a day.

Another question - would there be any logic to dosing in terms of providing a boost for certain activities, for instance...before, during, or after a workout or weekend lovefest? :D I'm thinking long term it may be something I'll just want to use occasionally. Peat even mentions 4mg per day being enough for a 50-year-old male, and given the absorption/potency of your product, perhaps a 1/2 dose per day on average wold be more than enough for myself (age 36).

I'm also curious in general about the idea of taking supplemental hormones regularly to the point that it could inhibit or block the body's own production of them, similar to what I've heard speculated before about taking thyroid too often (which I've never taken). I know each hormone is different, but the general goal seems to be to take supplementary hormone to help kickstart the body's own production, I just wonder how often that actually happens or if the body just becomes dependent on the supplemental hormone. This might explain why some of them have to be ramped down in the dosage instead of an abrupt withdrawal. All just random thoughts/speculation on my part.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Milky said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/97708/ Okay thanks haidut. I'll stick with a few drops in the mornings for now and see if that works better. I've heard that before about pregnenolone. Makes sense. The metallic taste seemed to be random and I didn't really associate it with the pansterone, but the DMSO potentiating effect makes sesnse as well. I don't even notice a garlic taste, but I've barely had 8 drops a day.

Another question - would there be any logic to dosing in terms of providing a boost for certain activities, for instance...before, during, or after a workout or weekend lovefest? :D I'm thinking long term it may be something I'll just want to use occasionally. Peat even mentions 4mg per day being enough for a 50-year-old male, and given the absorption/potency of your product, perhaps a 1/2 dose per day on average wold be more than enough for myself (age 36).

I'm also curious in general about the idea of taking supplemental hormones regularly to the point that it could inhibit or block the body's own production of them, similar to what I've heard speculated before about taking thyroid too often (which I've never taken). I know each hormone is different, but the general goal seems to be to take supplementary hormone to help kickstart the body's own production, I just wonder how often that actually happens or if the body just becomes dependent on the supplemental hormone. This might explain why some of them have to be ramped down in the dosage instead of an abrupt withdrawal. All just random thoughts/speculation on my part.

As far as I know neither pregnenolone nor DHEA have any known negative feedback mechanisms. In other words, they should not inhibits the natural production of steroids and actually both pregnenolonoe and DHEA are known to have positive feedback effect - i.e. each one stimulates more production of steroids from cholesterol. If you take pregnenolone for as little as 1 week your cholesterol will drop sharply since a lot of it will get converted into even more pregnenolone. DHEA does the same but to a lesser degree.
So, as far as using these steroids regularly there should be no issues but I think if you get to a point where natural conversion of cholesterol into steroids is working fine due to improved thyroid then there is probably no need to take things like Pansterone. And yes, taking it sparingly after strenuous activity should help with recovery. Especially if used on areas of soreness/fatigue like calf muscles or quads after a long walk/run.
If you run a few drops (3-4) of Pansterone on your forehead in the morning or before mental exertion you should get a mental boost. So, Pansterone can be used as a nootropic as well.
I hope that answers your questions.

Milky

haidut said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/97711/ If you take pregnenolone for as little as 1 week your cholesterol will drop sharply since a lot of it will get converted into even more pregnenolone.

I've heard about the cholesterol-lowering effect as well...my cholesterol tends towards the low side anyway, usually in the 160-180 range, with HDL never above 40 in 13+ years of random lab tests. Latest numbers were HDL 37 and LDL 115. No NMR panel or anything, just the basic tests. I suppose lower numbers should tell me to be cautious with hormone dosing in general then?

The tip about using pansterone on my quads sounds great, I mostly do squats, along with intervals on an elliptical and long, casual bike rides right now, but tend to get a bit of fatigue/soreness lasting a day or two.

I also want to experiment with using it on a few moles to see what happens to them. Maybe alternate between pansterone (morning) and estroban (evening) for that?

Oh and thank you for all the feedback and answers!

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Milky said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/97719/
haidut said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/97711/ If you take pregnenolone for as little as 1 week your cholesterol will drop sharply since a lot of it will get converted into even more pregnenolone.

I've heard about the cholesterol-lowering effect as well...my cholesterol tends towards the low side anyway, usually in the 160-180 range, with HDL never above 40 in 13+ years of random lab tests. Latest numbers were HDL 37 and LDL 115. No NMR panel or anything, just the basic tests. I suppose lower numbers should tell me to be cautious with hormone dosing in general then?

The tip about using pansterone on my quads sounds great, I mostly do squats, along with intervals on an elliptical and long, casual bike rides right now, but tend to get a bit of fatigue/soreness lasting a day or two.

I also want to experiment with using it on a few moles to see what happens to them. Maybe alternate between pansterone (morning) and estroban (evening) for that?

Oh and thank you for all the feedback and answers!

Yes, for moles you can use Pansterone and EstroBan. As per Ray's advice I'd use Pansterone not directly on the mole but around it, and EstroBan directly on the mole. Alternating morning and evening should be fine.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

Sheila

Hello
I would like to respond to the metallic taste purely with some observations that are not pansterone, but more generally related.
I hear this ' metallic taste' mentioned by women quite a lot, pre-menstrually especially, when oestrogen is too high, sugar levels are more dysregulated, often with hypoglycaemia or with too much fat exposure, like a fish and chips meal for example. Usually these women have some known liver issues (gallstones, fatty liver, very elevated liver enzymes, oestrogenic pictures, lots of stress, undereating).
I don't see it as a good sign, it goes away, rapidly, when they are in better metabolic shape and we use it almost as a harbinger that something's going south. I suspect iron or copper and the liver is involved, have never seen it related to (sensible) zinc supplementation.
I concur that DMSO and garlic is the usual taste reaction (if any) but I think the metallic taste here is iron/copper/liver related and not in a good way.
I wish I could tease out more, this then just a hunch, FWIW. If anyone knows more, do tell!
Sheila

Entropy

I'm wondering about the continual reuse of ethanol on specific areas especially with DMSO, and it's affinity on cells, dehydration, structural proteins etc.

Is some erythema normal/ok from the skin irritation or should I just stop? Don't want to be negating any effects.

aguilaroja

Milky said:
Observations ...:
Metallic Taste in Mouth - I noticed this today. It was really strong this morning when I ate breakfast, to the point I thought there was something wrong with my scrambled eggs. Could this be the DMSO? ...

If a quick google search is done, there are dozens of reports of metallic taste from skin applications of DMSO. These anecdotes have been known for decades. Anecdotes about metallic taste from DMSO have been occasionally recorded in texts.

The description of taste is an individual thing. The sulfur/garlicky taste is more frequently noted with DMSO. For some, this garlicky taste may be interpreted as metallic. I am not aware of any work distinguishing taste perception in DMSO-induced metallic taste from garlicky taste with metallic "notes".

Further, many things reported as taste are technically smell functions, demonstrated by the neutralizing of "taste"when odors are removed. Sheila raised interesting questions about metallic taste. That discussion is a bit beyond my scope and time for discussion. "Even" a fairly "simple" factor like reduced saliva can contribute to metallic taste.

Sheik

haidut said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/97748/
uuy8778yyi said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/97736/ Could this regrow hair, or am I deluding myself

Ray says it should, especially in combination with caffeine, T3, aspirin, etc. I guess Pansterone and SolBan together at different times of the day.
I've been afraid of pregnenolone because there's a thread here about it actually causing hair loss. Are you familiar with this phenomenon? Is there an optimum dose, or...?

Are we talking about using Pansterone topically?

Lucas

Hello.
Want to buy it, but If I take as little of 10 mg of pregnenolone I get fatigued and sleepy, don’t know why.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Entropy said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/97772/ I'm wondering about the continual reuse of ethanol on specific areas especially with DMSO, and it's affinity on cells, dehydration, structural proteins etc.

Is some erythema normal/ok from the skin irritation or should I just stop? Don't want to be negating any effects.

I would recommend using on different parts of the body during the day so that a full daily dose is not applied to the same skin spot. I also get erythema (I am pretty sure it's from the DMSO) when I apply Pansterone on the same spot 3 times a day. So, instead I use my wrists, ankles and temples during the day so that no single skin spot gets more than a single dose of Pansterone daily. Most people do not get skin irritation from this concentration of DMSO though, so this is just a suggestion for the sensitive ones like me.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Sheik said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/97807/
haidut said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/97748/
uuy8778yyi said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/97736/ Could this regrow hair, or am I deluding myself

Ray says it should, especially in combination with caffeine, T3, aspirin, etc. I guess Pansterone and SolBan together at different times of the day.
I've been afraid of pregnenolone because there's a thread here about it actually causing hair loss. Are you familiar with this phenomenon? Is there an optimum dose, or...?

Are we talking about using Pansterone topically?

Most reports of pregnenolone and hair loss are related to using hundreds of milligrams, orally, for weeks/months. Pansterone applied topically should not inhibit hair growth given the small doses, and I'd expect it to help actually.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
uuy8778yyi said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/97855/ Why add alcohol

Why not just water and dmso

Alcohol helps sanitize the skin a little bit, and also helps it dry quicker. Also, studies show maximum steroid absorption when DMSO is combined with a little bit of pure ethanol, which is what we did.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Lucas said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/97823/ Hello.
Want to buy it, but If I take as little of 10 mg of pregnenolone I get fatigued and sleepy, don’t know why.

Probably b/c pregnenolone raises progesterone and allopregnanolone in your case, and both of these neurosteroids are sedating. Applied topically it may have less of a sedative effect.

Milky

Two more questions haidut! (thanks in advance)

1) Maybe I'm just missing it, but can you clarify if the DMSO being used in IdeaLabs supplements is diluted with distilled water, etc? Or is it just the hormones mixed with 80% DMSO and 20% ethanol? I read elsewhere that DMSO is often diluted with water in different concentrations to help with skin irritation/itching in topical applications.

2) Can we talk a bit more about the "potentiating effect" of DMSO on steroid hormones? If it somehow increases their effectiveness, could it be said to do so in any measureable way? For instance, 5mg each of preg/DHEA in Pansterone administered with DMSO as a carrier not only has near 100% absorption, but has some factorial increase in effectiveness (2x, 3x, etc.) compared to oil or some other carrier. I guess I'm wondering about what the actual mechanism is for how DMSO might increase the effectiveness of the steroids.