Panoramic Dental X-Ray

Aymen

Hello, 24 years old here.
the dentist told me that one of my wisdom teeths is growing misaligned and may affect the other teeths, he is not sure so he recommanded a panoramic dental x-ray like this one in the video:

What are your thoughts?
Also does removing wisdom teeth in this age is safe?

yerrag

I used a dental cone beam scan two years ago. The brand is Hyperion, and it does more than a panoramic x-ray. You can search for Hyperion cone beam to know more about it.

It allows my dentist to better detect underlying hidden periodontal infections, which would have gone unnoticed. This is a very big deal as I now suffer from high blood pressure due to my kidneys having immune complex deposits that are difficult to remove. These immune complexes are the result of the bacterial antigen being attached to by antibodies from the immune system, and a complex forms.

The periodontal infection will release bacteria that goes to the blood stream, and the longer the infection stays undetected, the more bacteria is released into the blood stream. These immune complex that forms is supposed to be phagocytosed, and many are, but not all. Some remain as immune complexes and form part of the plaque along the blood vessel linings. Some deposit in the kidneys - glomeruli, mesangium, tubules - it just depends on the conditions and the kind of immune complex. These immune complexes (ICs) can itself cause inflammation, involving mobilization of neutrophils and inflammatory mediators, and cause tissue destruction, which is minimized by anti-oxidants such as albumin and uric acid (hence an increase in serum uric acid and a lowering of serum albumin).

The resulting high blood pressure is only a symptom, but the real harm is when the kidneys slowly deteriorate because of increasing deposition of ICs and the inflammatory condition it fosters. It will eventually result in chronic kidney disease, lupus, eventually leading to kidney failure. I've been having high blood pressure, but I don't take blood pressure lowering medication, because I believe it will further lower the supply of blood to the capillaries that feed the kidneys. Blood pressure medication will simply lower the blood pressure and reduce the flow of blood to the capillaries, causing cell death and further hastening the deterioration of the kidneys.

If I had the benefit of a cone beam scan before, the latent periodontal infection would have been discovered, and the subsequent extraction of affected teeth would have kept the infection from harming my kidneys.

It's better if you can use a cone beam scan rather than just a panoramic scan. You'll have more detailed and in-depth scans that would allow the dentist to detect a hidden periodontal infection. The scan also includes a tomographic representation of your teeth, which helps with detection of periodontal issues.

I was told the cone beam scan isn't available in the US. I'm not sure if that is true.

So, for people like me who hate x-rays and avoid it like the plague, I would recommend that you sometimes give yourself a pass. If you are absolutely sure you don't have periodontal issues, you don't need to do this. But even if you brush your teeth daily, you can't be too sure, especially if your teeth accumulates plaque very quickly where you can scrape a thick layer of it daily (Ray believes and I agree with him that endotoxins cause these plaque to build up and allow bacteria to sneak into the gums).

I got my periodontal issues when I skipped on my regalar twice-yearly dental cleaning. The regular dental cleaning takes away the bacterial biofilms that form on the tooth that touches the gum line. If the biofilm stays long enough, it will be able to penetrate past the gumline and from there a periodontal colony will start to form.

Keep away from periodontal issues and you'll be able to avoid a major cause of hypertension. If you're not very sure about your periodontal health, and even if you are, taking a cone beam scan woud be the one of the best things you can do for your health.

I believe there are many people who suffer kidney-related hypertension issues but don't know it, and they harm themselves more taking blood pressure lowering drugs. These drugs give them the appearance of health (e.g. to pass the healthcare insurance exam), but they don't realize that they're also lowering the supply of blood to the capillaries that feed the nephrons of the kidneys. If there is high blood pressure, it's because it's needed to continue the supply of blood to the capillaries to keep the nephrons from dying. I'm not interfering with my body's wisdom but I'm trying to remove the ICs that have deposited in my kidneys. It seems western pharma medicine can't help me, but I'm looking at other ways to resolve this issue.

This is about dental x-ray, and about dental health, but dental health affects our general health greatly.

Last edited:

yerrag

Removing your wisdom teeth is fine, especially when it's causing your teeth to squish together because there's not enough room. I don't know why, but city dwellers tend to grow large teeth that can't fit in their mouth.

OP
A

Aymen

I used a dental cone beam scan two years ago. The brand is Hyperion, and it does more than a panoramic x-ray. You can search for Hyperion cone beam to know more about it.

It allows my dentist to better detect underlying hidden periodontal infections, which would have gone unnoticed. This is a very big deal as I now suffer from high blood pressure due to my kidneys having immune complex deposits that are difficult to remove. These immune complexes are the result of the bacterial antigen being attached to by antibodies from the immune system, and a complex forms.

The periodontal infection will release bacteria that goes to the blood stream, and the longer the infection stays undetected, the more bacteria is released into the blood stream. These immune complex that forms is supposed to be phagocytosed, and many are, but not all. Some remain as immune complexes and form part of the plaque along the blood vessel linings. Some deposit in the kidneys - glomeruli, mesangium, tubules - it just depends on the conditions and the kind of immune complex. These immune complexes (ICs) can itself cause inflammation, involving mobilization of neutrophils and inflammatory mediators, and cause tissue destruction, which is minimized by anti-oxidants such as albumin and uric acid (hence an increase in serum uric acid and a lowering of serum albumin).

The resulting high blood pressure is only a symptom, but the real harm is when the kidneys slowly deteriorate because of increasing deposition of ICs and the inflammatory condition it fosters. It will eventually result in chronic kidney disease, lupus, eventually leading to kidney failure. I've been having high blood pressure, but I don't take blood pressure lowering medication, because I believe it will further lower the supply of blood to the capillaries that feed the kidneys. Blood pressure medication will simply lower the blood pressure and reduce the flow of blood to the capillaries, causing cell death and further hastening the deterioration of the kidneys.

If I had the benefit of a cone beam scan before, the latent periodontal infection would have been discovered, and the subsequent extraction of affected teeth would have kept the infection from harming my kidneys.

It's better if you can use a cone beam scan rather than just a panoramic scan. You'll have more detailed and in-depth scans that would allow the dentist to detect a hidden periodontal infection. The scan also includes a tomographic representation of your teeth, which helps with detection of periodontal issues.

I was told the cone beam scan isn't available in the US. I'm not sure if that is true.

So, for people like me who hate x-rays and avoid it like the plague, I would recommend that you sometimes give yourself a pass. If you are absolutely sure you don't have periodontal issues, you don't need to do this. But even if you brush your teeth daily, you can't be too sure, especially if your teeth accumulates plaque very quickly where you can scrape a thick layer of it daily (Ray believes and I agree with him that endotoxins cause these plaque to build up and allow bacteria to sneak into the gums).

I got my periodontal issues when I skipped on my regalar twice-yearly dental cleaning. The regular dental cleaning takes away the bacterial biofilms that form on the tooth that touches the gum line. If the biofilm stays long enough, it will be able to penetrate past the gumline and from there a periodontal colony will start to form.

Keep away from periodontal issues and you'll be able to avoid a major cause of hypertension. If you're not very sure about your periodontal health, and even if you are, taking a cone beam scan woud be the one of the best things you can do for your health.

I believe there are many people who suffer kidney-related hypertension issues but don't know it, and they harm themselves more taking blood pressure lowering drugs. These drugs give them the appearance of health (e.g. to pass the healthcare insurance exam), but they don't realize that they're also lowering the supply of blood to the capillaries that feed the nephrons of the kidneys. If there is high blood pressure, it's because it's needed to continue the supply of blood to the capillaries to keep the nephrons from dying. I'm not interfering with my body's wisdom but I'm trying to remove the ICs that have deposited in my kidneys. It seems western pharma medicine can't help me, but I'm looking at other ways to resolve this issue.

This is about dental x-ray, and about dental health, but dental health affects our general health greatly.
thanks a lot man for your answer.
i got a thread about gingivitis:
How To Treat Gingivitis At Home?
you will see my picture there how inflamed my gums were, it was 1 year ago, after trying salt water rinse and oil pulling for a few months, i just go a little improvement so i decided to go to dentist, he asked if i,m taking medications and if i,m smoking and i said no, he started the deep cleaning 1 day for upper teeths and other day the lower teeths, he gave me Doxycycline and antiseptic mouthwash to get rid of the gingivitis causing bacteria, i followed it for 9 days and everything came back to normal, here is a picture:

there are some areas that i can't brush right, i bought a toothbrush for sensitive gums, toothpick as a replacement for flossing but i learned to use a toothpick without harming myself, i was not brushing before and rinsing the mouth with plain water after eating sugar, now i brush twice a day with colgate, toothpick every 2 days and the dentist told me to better do the deep cleaning once every year because my lower teeths are not that straight.
i asked him about periodontal disease and he said it's just an inflammation, last year when i got this inflammation i got a lung infection that lasted for 13 days, so the point telling me that dental health affect our general health might be true, there are some studies where they linked bad oral health to heart disease, lung disease/infection and other things.

i recovered faster from the pain of the dental cleaning, even though i didn't get a local anesthesia, i liked the pain that i got during the dental cleaning because i didn't take care of my teeth.
i liked how the dentist gave me doxycycline because it's one of the safest antibiotics.

i,m going to do the paranoramic x-ray as that's what is available here, i,m just afraid of the radiation and that they will not give me the thyroid shield.

the dentist told me that one of the wisdom teeth is growing misaligned and it will cause cavities to the one next to it.

my dental health is good nowadays ( it has been 2 months since i did the deep cleaning), i use antiseptic mouthwash once a week, salt water rinse twice a week, brushing with baking soda once a week and coconut oil pulling once a week, i also add baking soda to coffee to neutrilize the acid.

Attachments

• gumhealth2.jpg
    gumhealth2.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 10