Panic Attack / Hyperventilation From Cooking Oil Smoke

Ashoka

I'm coping with a panic attack and/or the result of smoke inhalation from coconut oil on the stove.

All the symptoms are like those of a panic attack, but I think what triggered it was a lot of inhalation of fumes while I was cooking, as I was cooking at a fast pace as well. My heart rate is elevated and I feel a bit dizzy and weak. I also got adrenaline-like rushes that have shocked my body to the point I feel I can't really relax.

I'm scared as to what I've done to myself, but I don't really know how to respond in this situation. I have aspirin, magnesium, paper bags and things of that sort.

tara

Bad luck. Hope it's passed by now.

I've smoked out my kitchen a few times, and it's horrible, though I've never fainted from it.
Peat has mentioned estrogenic substances in soot.

(You're not using high temp teflon, I hope?)

I guess you've figured out by now whether aspirin, Mg, CO2 etc are helpful. Also maybe consider sugar (if you were cooking while hungry), salt, water if thirsty?
If you are still feeling bad ...
Smoke Inhalation Treatment

OP
Ashoka

Ashoka

Thanks Tara. I've calmed down quite a bit now. It just made me realize I have to be much more careful about the smoke point of coconut oil. I didn't realize it would be so dangerous, because I seem pretty sensitive to smoke. It's not sooty.. It's just the rising burnt oil itself that comes off the pan like vapor, like this article explains: http://www.business2community.com/h...their-smoke-point-0418150#GtZ24RerzwTtT3JA.97. That alone was enough to be suffocating because I was probably already hyperventilating. Thanks for taking the time to respond, it means a lot.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals