Panic and Vitamin D

Sheik

A couple of weeks ago I quit taking Vitamin D. I've had a really rough time since then.

I had an interesting experience today. I left the house to run some errands and on my way down my street I got a sudden sense of panic, as if I might have a panic attack (I've had severe panic attacks, but none in the past year+). I decided to go back home and grab an ativan (anti anxiety). But then I remembered that I had quit taking the D and I decided I would give one of those a shot (2,000 UI) before I took the ativan.

Within the next 20-40 minutes, I started to get a ton of energy and enthusiasm, more than I've had in probably six months. I had forgotten that I took the D so I wasn't sure why. I'm still not certain, as I tend to err on the side of extreme skepticism, but that's my story.

Wilfrid

Hi,
Maybe a boost from dopamine synthesis ?
The rate limiting step in dopamine synthesis is the enzyme tyrosine hydroxylase. Insufficient levels of vitamin D inhibit tyrosine hydroxylase, resulting in a disturbance in the dopamine pathway. And vitamin D increases the release of dopamine. :2cents

Dean

Actually, I've been experiencing the opposite. I've been upping the amount of the Thorne D/K2 I've been taking. This goes along with the 2-3 cups of dry milk powder I take throughout the day. When I take 4 or 5 drops at a time with a glass of my condensed milk coffee, I experience a panic like sensation, increased anxiety and sense of dread for a short while afterwards. If I stick to 2-3 drops at a time, I don't seem to have that problem.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals