Panela/Rapadura problem

Bruv

I decided to give some panela a try a few days ago. By the end of the day I had probably had about 8 teaspoons of it. The next day I had diarrhea. The panela was the only out of the ordinary food I had easten. Any idea what is in panela that could cause this?

4peatssake

Bruv said:
I decided to give some panela a try a few days ago. By the end of the day I had probably had about 8 teaspoons of it. The next day I had diarrhea. The panela was the only out of the ordinary food I had easten. Any idea what is in panela that could cause this?
In an earlier thread, a forum member said that Peat thinks there are impurities in panela/rapadura that cause allergic reactions, similar to impurities in maple syrup and brown sugar. I couldn't locate a specific reference from Peat but it's like anything else, if you have a bad reaction, best to avoid.

He considers honey and table sugar to be safer sources of sugar (and fruit and juice of course), although some people have allergic reactions to honey. The only honey I can tolerate at the moment is Manuka honey and it's very expensive but quite delicious. I may try raw honey from a beekeeper which I think may be more economical and something I may be able to tolerate. I have terrible reactions to regular store-bought honey.

OP
B

Bruv

I have not had any panela since that day. It just sits there on the counter trying to tempt me.
I only have a little honey now and again. I suspect that it was causing a problem with klebsiella and stiffening up my lower back, so I dont eat as much honey as I would like to. Raw honey would obviously have more impurities than regular store bought honey but it's probably worth experimenting with.
At least I get on well with table sugar and orange juice.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals