Panax Ginseng, right nipple tenderness?

username111

I tried Panax Ginseng and I started to have a right nipple tenderness, Left has a very slight tenderness, almost unperceivable. I am taking 1 gram dose per day. I read a paper

He had same problem and it claims ginseng to be estrogenic. Would taking vit e and b6 mitigate the side effects? Or should just I stop so I dont get full out Gyno?
The Ginseng definitely helped with arousal like nothing else. I suffer from high prolactin and low estrogen. Paradox I know. Ginseng probably helped me with the problem , but estrogen probably is getting too high you think?

OP
U

username111

Bump. My refraction period was non existant with Ginseng, and libido improved tremendously. Unfortantely the estrogen probaly went up high due to aromatization. Any advice?

miquelangeles

No, vit E or B6 won't help. What brand are you taking? Ginseng needs to be aged for 6+ years, steamed and dried in sunlight for a week. After this process it turns red, and you will find it on the market under the name of red ginseng, or Korean red ginseng. But I would just stop taking it in your situation.

OP
U

username111

No, vit E or B6 won't help. What brand are you taking? Ginseng needs to be aged for 6+ years, steamed and dried in sunlight for a week. After this process it turns red, and you will find it on the market under the name of red ginseng, or Korean red ginseng. But I would just stop taking it in your situation.
I was thinking that e and b6 reduce estrogen and they should have helped. Even if I use red ginseng: as it boosts testosterone, would it not aromitize into estrogen?

Jennifer

@username111, maybe Siberian ginseng (eleuthero) would work better for you? It’s not a true ginseng, but it is an adaptogen, one of the most effective ones I’ve used.

OP
U

username111

@username111 ,
I am with @miquelangeles: 'just stop it'.
For libido enhancement, check out smilax officinalis . I'd take sprasaparilla (smilax off) only when/before needed and no often then 1x every other day.

1g per day of any herb preparation would most likely have side effects/aggravations. Just stop it.
I just checked his thread. It seems to be libido boosting. So you drink it as soft drink or supplement? Is it sold in stores or has to be ordered?
@username111, maybe Siberian ginseng (eleuthero) would work better for you? It’s not a true ginseng, but it is an adaptogen, one of the most effective ones I’ve used.
Im not sure, because the idead of adaptogen, as far as I understood now, boosts T levels and for some reason my body aromitizes it into estrogen. So Siberian ginseng may just cause same problem. What do you think?

Jennifer

@username111, I was taught that panax ginseng, like black cohosh, is used for symptoms of estrogen deficiency like vaginal dryness (I have a different view of what causes the condition but…)—it’s estrogenic—so I avoided it. Eleuthero never raised my estrogen, confirmed not just by symptoms but frequent testing so maybe it would be a safer adaptogen for you, as well.

Lejeboca

just checked his thread. It seems to be libido boosting. So you drink it as soft drink or supplement? Is it sold in stores or has to be ordered?
I bought alcohol tincture, Herb Pharm brand. It was good. Then I bought the raw material (dry root) and mad my own. Using the latter now.

EDiT to my 1st post: The Latin name is Smilax Ornata not Smilax Off. sorry.

Last edited:

Lejeboca

@username111, I was taught that panax ginseng, like black cohosh, is used for symptoms of estrogen deficiency like vaginal dryness (I have a different view of what causes the condition but…)—it’s estrogenic—so I avoided it. Eleuthero never raised my estrogen, confirmed not just by symptoms but frequent testing so maybe it would be a safer adaptogen for you, as well.

Yeah, black cohosh gave me super estrogenic symptoms, some 15 years ago. Didn't touch it since then.

N.B. I do no use panax ginseng either (do not feel that I need it). Eleuthero felt a bit too much, made me somewhat hyperactive, again some time ago. I might come back to eleuthero though.
For now, I've been using American ginseng (panax quinquefolium) when I feel lack of energy and need a gentle boost. Works like a charm :):.

OP
U

username111

So Eleuthero will boost T levels without Aromitizing excessively into Estrogen?
Yeah, black cohosh gave me super estrogenic symptoms, some 15 years ago. Didn't touch it since then.

N.B. I do no use panax ginseng either (do not feel that I need it). Eleuthero felt a bit too much, made me somewhat hyperactive, again some time ago. I might come back to eleuthero though.
For now, I've been using American ginseng (panax quinquefolium) when I feel lack of energy and need a gentle boost. Works like a charm :):.
Thank you for clarifying.

Jennifer

Oh, wow. Yes, American ginseng sounds like it’s a better fit for you. I never experienced hyperactivity from taking eleuthero, but I was so hypo back then. It raised my chronically low BP and lowered my mum’s chronically elevated BP, and improved our thyroid function. We liked it best in combination with other endocrine herbs such as astragalus root, bayberry, chaste tree berry, he shou wu (fo-ti), juniper berry, rhodiola root, parsley root, privet berry, saw palmetto berry, schizandra berry and suma root.

So Eleuthero will boost T levels without Aromitizing excessively into Estrogen?

It didn’t boost my testosterone level, however, that could be because I’m female and my testosterone level was normal to begin with, but it didn’t raise my estrogen (and prolactin) level, either.

OP
U

username111

It didn’t boost my testosterone level, however, that could be because I’m female and my testosterone level was normal to begin with, but it didn’t raise my estrogen (and prolactin) level, either.
Sadly, I took ginseng with the goal to lower prolactin and I noticed less water retention and significantly shorter refractory period. It gave me high estrogen symptoms in exchange such as nipples tenderness. So there would be no point to try Siberian ginseng for me then. Thanks for helping though, Jennifer!