haidut

Forum Supporter
Palmitic acid has a bad reputation in mainstream medical circles. It is being blamed for insulin resistance, obesity, and even triggering diabetes II. Ray has written a few times about palmitic acid, and has explained that it is one of the few known exogenous factors that can activate the enzyme PDH and restore normal glucose metabolism. PDH is strongly downregulated in diabetes and cancer and one of the main inhibitors of PDH is cortisol, which is synthesized by the enzyme 11b-HSD1.
This study shows that palmitic acid in doses of 2g - 3g can achieve concentrations that significantly lower levels of 11b-HSD1 and thus synthesis of cortisol. Just as importantly, palmitic acid also increased expressions of the enzyme 11b-HSD2, which de-activates cortisol into cortisone. Inhibitors of 11b-HSD1 and activators of 11b-HSD2 are the ultimate prize for any diabetes pharma researcher. It looks like similar to niacinamide and emodin, we already have a few natural substances that can do both.

Differential expression of placental 11β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenases in pregnant women with diet-treated gestational diabetes mellitus. - PubMed - NCBI
"...Tissues were incubated in the medium alone (basal state) or in the presence of PA (0.4 mM), dexamethasone (0.3 lM), and insulin (0.01 lM), or a mixture containing PA, dexamethasone and insulin for 24-h. None of treatments significantly affected LDH activity in the incubation medium (Data not shown), indicating that the concentrations used in this study did not affect cell viability. As shown in Fig. 5A, 11b-HSD1 mRNA levels were significantly lower at each treatment as compared with the basal state. The same change was observed for 11b-HSD1 protein (Fig. 5B). By contrast, 11b-HSD2 mRNA and protein levels were significantly higher comparing with the basal condition (Fig. 5C and D)."

Attachments

• palmitic_acid_cortisol.png
    palmitic_acid_cortisol.png
    48.8 KB · Views: 43

Tourist

So at 2-3 grams recommendation does this dose get met daily by peating?

pboy

i wonder if it is counter balanced by something or other things because I'm pretty sure most people get 2-3g or palmitic acid at a meal and still many are in cortisol state...simple things like being rushed, potential disposition or current situation, other toxins/offenders or deficiencies in the food, too much water and yet life pressure, things like that I suspect would counter its effect...though that doesn't mean it doesn't promote positively in the other direction. Seem accurate? cause yea on a near fat free diet it did seem more possible to hit cortisol if I think about it but I also got a lot done but I guess dunno it wasn't the cortisol to panic point maybe was just super high thyroid but it was seeming more potential than I have now for cortisol to 'attempt' to trigger. But like well...how explain that people still have high cortisol at times...perhaps situations can if pressurized under certain conditions kind of teeter past its protective point? Anyways this is cool to know but I'm pretty sure like everyone gets 2-3g palmitic acid no?

Tourist

I thought so too and yet as someone with high cortisol I couldn't help but wonder y I still have it acc to the article.

Yeah I'm sure I bring on some of the cortisol with my response to stress-- so is more palmitate acid the answer if stress is the reoccurring factor I can't always change?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals