PAIN

iLoveSugar

Its crazy how one can hurt so bad day in, day out. I cant do normal things in life without suffering severe pain. Even things like bowling with the family, I can't. I'm only 35 years old and I feel 105. Fingers, arms, hips, legs, back, feet. Literally everything. I've even tried doing for a few months just thinking it may be initial soreness from unused muscles. The aches and pains just pile up. Aspirin only does so much. Thyroid does nothing. Helllllp..

Diokine

Higher dose Limonene may offer some relief, as well as commitment to maintaining magnesium intake. Starting these supplements may induce depressive or low-energy feelings, so be on the lookout for that. BCAA supplementation may help also. Be gentle with yourself.

cjm

Hey Sugar, I really feel for you, I've seen you post over the years, seeking relief, not finding it. I'm mid-30s myself.

Some thoughts for you:

I don't have the same pain you do but I have felt loads of psychic pain from muscle stiffness and limited range of motion. I was an athlete once and I miss moving around freely in space.

Speaking of bowling, I went a few months ago and I tend to bowl as hard as I can, to act silly and impress whoever I'm with. It's fun but inevitably after a few frames, my mental state fades and I feel a sort of helplessness. My bowling shoulder is screwed up from sleeping on it awkwardly for years and overstimulating it seems to cause a systemic stress response.

You mention your gut health in other posts. Ever tried kefir? I'm turning a huge corner after a quart or more a day for two weeks. But it's insane the amount of willpower I've had to summon to stay on course, to chase that dim light at the end of the tunnel. I have had to be willing to endure more pain than I've ever felt. Not appealing when you're already in pain.

I've thought a lot about the difference between something being extremely difficult to overcome, and something that's literally impossible to beat. It's good to recognize when you should stop trying futilely and conserve your strength. In practice, you might pursue an impossible problem for years thinking you're taking the right approach.

What I needed was immediate rest and solace. No more trying futilely. I feel like you need the same thing. An immersive environment that only nurtures you. Not permanently. Some kind of extended reprieve from your grind. I don't know where to find that, because I still crave some social interaction, and you probably have pursued that angle. Running off into the woods was my best solution. I didn't do it. It's not a solution. It's more escapism.

Anyway, my suggestion is to get yourself some kefir grains and start brewing. It's super easy, you don't have to change anything else about what you're doing. A change in your situation could happen very quickly with a turn in your gut health, speaking from personal experience.

mrchibbs

Its crazy how one can hurt so bad day in, day out. I cant do normal things in life without suffering severe pain. Even things like bowling with the family, I can't. I'm only 35 years old and I feel 105. Fingers, arms, hips, legs, back, feet. Literally everything. I've even tried doing for a few months just thinking it may be initial soreness from unused muscles. The aches and pains just pile up. Aspirin only does so much. Thyroid does nothing. Helllllp..

How is your digestion? Do you have the white tongue, SIBO or other such symptoms?

In my experience joint/articulation/muscle pain and general rheumatism stem from bacterial overgrowth in the intestine.

If laxatives help that's a good indication.

Aspirin is greatly amplified in its pain relief when you take it with cyproheptadine or another first generation antihistamine

J

james2388

You have early onset arthritis. thyroid should do absolutely nothing. Lots of vitamin A with no vitamin D equates to arthritis. Lots of D with no A equates to soft tissue calcification. Chris Master john has slides on this.

If your body is in such bad shape, you should be hiring a coach, and getting a full blood panel done, than coming on here, which people have nothing to really offer now a days besides aspirin, or bacteria, or maybe oh wait, it's serotonin, or adrenaline, it's all ambiguous and you'll be running around in circles slowly getting worse.

Hire a coach one of the several ray peat health coaches that are out there or on here, do an hour consult, and be cautious of supplements. Try out the vertical diet.

I highly suspect people are not getting enough phosphorus from avoiding muscle meat, and having such a high calcium uptake.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

How is your digestion? Do you have the white tongue, SIBO or other such symptoms?

In my experience joint/articulation/muscle pain and general rheumatism stem from bacterial overgrowth in the intestine.

If laxatives help that's a good indication.

Digestion is off/on, but more bad than good. I've tried everything though from cascara to mushrooms to carrots. Current doing carrots daily.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

You have early onset arthritis. thyroid should do absolutely nothing. Lots of vitamin A with no vitamin D equates to arthritis. Lots of D with no A equates to soft tissue calcification. Chris Master john has slides on this.

If your body is in such bad shape, you should be hiring a coach, and getting a full blood panel done, than coming on here, which people have nothing to really offer now a days besides aspirin, or bacteria, or maybe oh wait, it's serotonin, or adrenaline, it's all ambiguous and you'll be running around in circles slowly getting worse.

Hire a coach one of the several ray peat health coaches that are out there or on here, do an hour consult, and be cautious of supplements. Try out the vertical diet.

I highly suspect people are not getting enough phosphorus from avoiding muscle meat, and having such a high calcium uptake.
I've seen countless docs with countless testing done. No answers.

J

james2388

I've seen countless docs with countless testing done. No answers.

Well approach it like science. If you have no evidence of gout, kidney stones, bruising, they looked at x ray scans. They aren't going to care.

Next blood panels, calcium, vitamin D, phosphate, parathyroid etc etc.

If you are drinking a lot of milk stop... Get you stomach acid right. Shredded carrots, olive oil/coconut oil with lemon/salt/ACV.

So many people are destroying themselves living on milk. It's amazing how long and how much this has persisted on this forum. Because people's digestion is so weak to begin with, it's immediately what they gravitate towards. And when they eat protein or high fat, they feel absolutely sick..

So that's the milk, potatoes, honey/sugar/ fruit diet, choking down liver whenever they feel like it and popping thyroid like it's candy.

Google ray peat health coaches and several will come up. I'd recommend starting the vertical diet for two weeks as that's the blueprint for praying 2.0.

Also if you don't use it, you lose it. So if your laying around like you are in a coma all day everyday for a year. Your bones adapt to that.

mrchibbs

Digestion is off/on, but more bad than good. I've tried everything though from cascara to mushrooms to carrots. Current doing carrots daily.

Are you in a habit of eating a larger meal before bed? Do you wake up refreshed/groggy? Do you have a pasty taste in your mouth with white coating on your tongue? These are all factors.

mostlylurking

Well, according to Dr. Ray Peat and according to my own personal experience this is just wrong. Hypothyroidism is most definitely implicated in arthritis. Addressing hypothyroidism with a knowledgeable endocrinologist is the way to go but only after you read everything you can find written by Ray Peat and Broda Barnes about hypothyroidism and inflammation. T4 (Synthroid) alone does absolutely nothing for arthritis; you need T3 too.

article: Blocking Tissue Destruction

a quote from this article:

• ARTHRITIS AND NATURAL HORMONES

• A very healthy 71 year-old man was under his house repairing the foundation, when a support slipped and let the house fall far enough to break some facial bones. During his recovery, he developed arthritis in his hands. It is fairly common for arthritis to appear shortly after an accident, a shock, or surgery, and Han Selye's famous work with rats shows that when stress exhausts the adrenal glands (so they are unable to produce normal amounts of cortisone and related steroid hormones), arthritis and other "degenerative" diseases are likely to develop.

• But when this man went to his doctor to "get something for his arthritis," he was annoyed that the doctor insisted on giving him a complete physical exam, and wouldn't give him a shot of cortisone. The examination showed low thyroid function, and the doctor prescribed a supplement of thyroid extract, explaining that arthritis is one of the many symptoms of hypothyroidism. The patient agreed to take the thyroid, but for several days he grumbled about the doctor 'fixing something that wasn't wrong' with him, and ignoring his arthritis. But in less than two weeks, the arthritis had entirely disappeared. He lived to be 89, without a recurrence of arthritis. (He died iatrogenically, while in good health.)

• Selye's work with the diseases of stress, and the anti-stress hormones of the adrenal cortex, helped many scientists to think more clearly about the interaction of the organism with its environment, but it has led others to focus too narrowly on hormones of the adrenal cortex (such as cortisol and cortisone), and to forget the older knowledge about natural resistance. There are probably only a few physicians now practicing who would remember to check for hypothyroidism in an arthritis patient, or in other stress-related conditions. Hypothyroidism is a common cause of adrenal insufficiency, but it also has some direct effects on joint tissues. In chronic hypothyroidism (myxedema and cretinism), knees and elbows are often bent abnormally.
By the 1930's, it was well established that the resistance of the organism depended on the energy produced by respiration under the influence of the thyroid gland, as well as on the adrenal hormones, and that the hormones of pregnancy (especially progesterone) could substitute for the adrenal hormones. In a sense, the thyroid hormone is the basic anti-stress hormone, since it is required for the production of the adrenal and pregnancy hormones.

Here's a link for a list of articles about hypothyroidism: Programmable Search Engine

I went through exactly the same thing. I was almost completely incapacitated. I changed doctors; the new 80+ year old endocrinologist changed my medication to NP thyroid by Acella (I'm in the U.S.A) and my inflammation was about 80% relieved in less than a week. You need a medication with T3. Study up so that you will have the knowledge to protect yourself!!

U.S. doctors rely on the Endocrine Society of America to tell them what to do. They are very big on synthetic T4 and surgery. Period. This is really a horrible situation for patients but it is what it is.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

I truly need help getting through some of this. I'm in constant pain all day long, and now I'm literally up all night long with pains that I didn't think were even possible. Things such as my shins, toes, etc., will just start throbbing. Honestly, every part of my body hurts and is pain.

Possibilities:
Thyroid. Maybe something is blocking thyroid from working because cynoplus and/or cynomel doesn't help. I've tried varying doses for a long time. I would have thought I would have at least seen something by now to encourage that its working. Temps are regularly low though.

Infection. Maybe I have a longtime ridden infection in my gut that just hasn't been resvoled. I have taken various course of antibiotics though. I also eat carrots daily.

Lyme. I tested positive many years ago. Maybe its chronic now though and just all but impossible to rid. I have taken minocycline and doxycycline.

Nutrient malabsorption. Perhaps something is blocking certain nutrients? Maybe a shot in the dark.

My vitamin D is very good. I spent all summer in the sun and I am extremely tan. I'm just at a loss, but I hurt and ache very badly.

S-VV

I wouldn't even know where to begin. I feel like I've had everything. Anything in particular?
Sure. Lets start with the basics and go from there. Red blood cell count, white blood cell count, iron markers, electrolytes, liver enzymes, albumin creatinine, HbA1C, and inflammatory markers (ERS, CRP).

Also, any autoantibody tests in the last year.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

Sure. Lets start with the basics and go from there. Red blood cell count, white blood cell count, iron markers, electrolytes, liver enzymes, albumin creatinine, HbA1C, and inflammatory markers (ERS, CRP).

Also, any autoantibody tests in the last year.

As of 7/19 for electrolytes, blood counts. CT within past year.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201113-144934_MyChart.jpg
    Screenshot_20201113-144934_MyChart.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot_20201113-144941_MyChart.jpg
    Screenshot_20201113-144941_MyChart.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_20201113-145054_MyChart.jpg
    Screenshot_20201113-145054_MyChart.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_20201113-145320_MyChart.jpg
    Screenshot_20201113-145320_MyChart.jpg
    244.8 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot_20201113-145352_MyChart.jpg
    Screenshot_20201113-145352_MyChart.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot_20201113-145357_MyChart.jpg
    Screenshot_20201113-145357_MyChart.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot_20201113-145405_MyChart.jpg
    Screenshot_20201113-145405_MyChart.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 20
OP
I

iLoveSugar

Pain in every part of my body. Severely tense. And severely brain fogged.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals