PAIN

iLoveSugar

I don't know if its stomach issues, a chronic infection, immune issues, but I have insane amounts of pain daily. I'm only 35. Within minutes of waking up, I have severe feet pain, shin pain, thigh pain, bicep pain, finger pain. Literally everything just hurts. The pains vary too. Everything feels bruised per se, along with stabbing pains. I currently have to live around the clock with aspirin. Doctors have no answers.

haidut

Forum Supporter
I don't know if its stomach issues, a chronic infection, immune issues, but I have insane amounts of pain daily. I'm only 35. Within minutes of waking up, I have severe feet pain, shin pain, thigh pain, bicep pain, finger pain. Literally everything just hurts. The pains vary too. Everything feels bruised per se, along with stabbing pains. I currently have to live around the clock with aspirin. Doctors have no answers.

Have you done any tests for endotoxin? There are several that may show if endotoxin in your blood is high enough to cause issues. The sCD14 combined with HDL and the BPI/LBP proteins described in the second link below it may give good pitcture of your systemic endotoxin exposure. I know people with severely comprised gut barrier and they all report chronic joint/muscle pain. Sometimes, using chemicals that block the endotoxin receptor TLR4 help reduce the pain. So, Benadryl, cyproheptadine, ketotifen may be useful.
A Lab Test For Endotoxin Exposure, And Its Role In HIV/AIDS
Relative concentrations of endotoxin-binding proteins in body fluids during infection - PubMed
Opioids Increase Pain Through Endotoxin Receptor, Minocycline Reverses The Effect
Chronic Nerve Pain May Be Caused By Endotoxin, Commercial Food, And Pharma Drugs

Nicole W.

When did this start?
In my experience, both low thyroid function and very low cortisol can cause pain Like you are describing. . Have you had these levels checked?

Also, Viruses ( like Epstein Barr) and/ or leaky gut can cause joint pain similar to RA.
Healing the gut lining ( how ever you choose to do it) usually alleviated joint pain.

Don’t want to get too woo-woo on you but unresolved emotions/ stress can also cause widespread pain. I think it may have something to do with energy blockages in the body like the ones described in TCM. Has anything really upsetting happened lately that is difficult to come to terms with?
The only thing to do is tackle each of these questions one by one and through process of elimination you’ll come to find the answer.

Since everything is feeling bruised and there’s no apparent answer, you might want to try a homeopathic remedy called Arnica Montana 200c. It’s a good remedy for that type of pain.

Can you link to your diet / supplement regimen.

Nokoni

I got a surprising and unexpected reduction in knee pain from a tiny dose of kratom. In low doses it's supposed to be stimulative, and analgesic only in larger doses. Not even sure why I decided to try it (maybe thinking it might help with blood pressure) but I started with the tiny dose, maybe 1/16th of a teaspoon, one day and noticed the next morning that I could get down the stairs with much less pain. So I've just stuck with my tiny dose every morning and continue to enjoy the pain reduction. Great stuff.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

Can you link to your diet / supplement regimen.

Roughly half a gram daily of aspirin to help with pain. Thats the only current staple. Cyprophetadine off and on. Progesterone occasionally. Pregnenolone occasionally.

Diet is so sporadic. I feel like ***t regardless. But currently eggs, decaf coffee (I'm so loaded with nervous energy even without caffeine), sugar, milk, beef, chicken, ice cream, masa harina, some occasionally brown rice noodles, potatoes, caffeine free coke.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

Also any potential relevant lifestyle stuff. Exercise, sleep, etc. Also, what have you tried, besides aspirin?
I love to sleep as it frees my from reality. Its been worse of late though and sleep is never refreshing.

gately

Roughly half a gram daily of aspirin to help with pain. Thats the only current staple. Cyprophetadine off and on. Progesterone occasionally. Pregnenolone occasionally.

Diet is so sporadic. I feel like ***t regardless. But currently eggs, decaf coffee (I'm so loaded with nervous energy even without caffeine), sugar, milk, beef, chicken, ice cream, masa harina, some occasionally brown rice noodles, potatoes, caffeine free coke.
Who knows if this is the cause of your suffering, but this diet sounds deficient, and potentially imbalanced. Even if I'm really generous with portions on Cronometer you're still coming up short on: vitamin C deficient, Vitamin K, folate, vitamin E, and Manganese. And potentially in sodium if you aren't eating salt.

Is there a reason you don't eat vegetables besides potato?

YourUniverse

I dont see any big source of gelatin and I see a few potential gut health issues (starch with sugar, brown rice noodles). Beef has a little bit but have you tried making a gelatinous soup, like oxtail or foot? If you cook it and strain the fat off the top it has a nice gooey texture and a lot of protein.

Do you have a nicotine habit by chance? If so how do you take it, orally?

Aspirin increases the need for gelatin

Last edited:

mostlylurking

I've been living with rheumatoid arthritis for 5 years and have dealt with managing pain in a Peaty way throughout. Half a gram of aspirin = 500 mg = a little less than two standard aspirin tablets, that's really not very much aspirin. It's OK to take that much maybe 4-6 times a day if you are hurting. Just boil it in water to dissolve, then add some ice cubes to make it cool to drink the sour water. Leave the residue in the bottom if you are using tablets. And take a mg of K2 for each aspirin tab (325mg) you take. The article about aspirin is here: Aspirin, brain, and cancer and this is helpful too: Ray Peat, PhD on Aspirin – Functional Performance Systems (FPS)

I have pretty much put my RA to sleep via an optimized supplement of natural desiccated thyroid (and progesterone, some b vitamins, a peaty diet). Turned the pain almost off the first week. Read up on thyroid via this Ray Peat search: Programmable Search Engine
Also read this article about arthritis: Blocking Tissue Destruction

I don't know if you are male or female. If you are female, you could be estrogen dominant. Progesterone really helps but you have to be consistent about taking it. If you are estrogen dominant, it will turn off your thyroid. Estrogen is highly inflammatory. Here are some Ray Peat articles about estrogen: Programmable Search Engine

I haven't had hardly any RA pain in a couple of years. However, I had an extremely stressful day last week (doctor exam, extremely painful and distressing). I rested up for two days afterward, then I went for my half mile walk. I felt really good to start. However, halfway through, I was stricken with serious pain in my hip joints and pelvis. I didn't think I could get back home, but I did. This felt like extreme lactic acid with a big side of nitric oxide to me. Maybe the result of the adrenaline two days before? I don't know. I was able to turn off the pain with about 500mg aspirin and about 90 mg of niacinamide and 90 mg of thiamine. It just shut off like someone had turned a switch. I had to repeat the aspirin, niacinamide, and thiamine the next day when the pain returned but it went away quickly as before.

Last edited:

gaze

What is the longest you’ve gone without starch? Do you eat liver / oysters?

What was your diet before onset like.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals