PAIN - Unusual Causes & Unusual Remedies

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Magnesium deficiency and calcium deficiency have some similar symptoms (such as cramping), but magnesium is antagonistic to calcium in many systems. It is the basic protective calcium blocker.
Inflammation leads to excessive uptake of calcium by cells, and is a factor in obesity, depression, and the degenerative diseases.
Protein deficiency is an important cause of deranged calcium metabolism. Vitamins K, E, and A are important in regulating calcium metabolism, and preventing osteoporosis. Aspirin (with antiestrogenic and vitamin E-like actions) is protective against bone resorption and hypercalcemia.” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
==========================
“It is extremely important to realize that calcium deposits in soft tissues become worse when the diet is low in calcium. Persons suffering from arthritis, bursitis, scleroderma, hardening of the arteries and any abnormality where calcium deposits or spurs may cause pain are often afraid to eat foods rich in calcium. Actually they can never improve until their calcium and magnesium intakes are adequate. Not infrequently physicians tell individuals with kidney stones to avoid all milk, thereby causing stones to form even more rapidly. Such calcium deposits can also occur when vitamin E is undersupplied. After open-heart surgery, when both magnesium and vitamin E are drastically needed and could easily be given, the calcification of heart muscles often becomes so severe that it can cause death within a few days. “ -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Diabetes is just one of the "terminal" diseases that can be caused by the polyunsaturated vegetable oils. Coconut oil, in diabetes as in other degenerative diseases, is highly protective.”-Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Iron is now tending to be recognized as a factor in inflammation.” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Antioxidants, thyroid hormone, progesterone, and antiinflammatory agents, including glycine or gelatin, niacin, and saturated fats, can prevent, and in many cases reverse, these degenerative inflammatory processes.” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Ray Peat has always said vitamin E is protective….

“Now, new evidence suggests that vitamin E supplements could help prevent and treat rheumatoid arthritis (RA).”

“Vitamin E's ability to restore the intestinal barrier and improve the gastrointestinal tract may be linked to the prevention and treatment of rheumatoid arthritis," the study authors write. "Vitamin E supplements used on a regular basis can help individuals with RA reduce joint discomfort, edema [swelling from excess fluid], and stiffness, as well as enhance their overall quality of life."

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Vitamin E, like progesterone and aspirin, acts within the cellular regulatory systems, to prevent inflammation and inappropriate excitation. Since uncontrolled excitation causes destructive oxidations, these substances prevent those forms of oxidation.” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Becoming aware of the real value of vitamin E will have far reaching implications in nutrition and medicine.”-Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Going even deeper, specific parts of our bodies are often associated with specific traumas. For women in particular, trauma frequently sticks in the hips. “A lot of women hold energy in the hips, and a lot of it has to do with being of service and the kind of the healing qualities that women bring to their families—this nurturing quality that we have,” says Elana Clark-Faler, a licensed clinical social worker who specializes in trauma and is trained in Somatic Experiencing. “Also, when you’re not moving forward in your life—when you’re really struggling with moving forward—there can be problems within the hips.”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Decisions about pain control usually disregard the effects of the drugs on tumor growth and general vitality--for example, the opiates stimulate histamine release, which increases inflammation and tumor growth.” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“In 36% of women who had had a breast removed, from 7 to 22 years previously, identifiable (by the same tests used to diagnose breast cancer) cancer cells could be found circulating in their blood stream (Meng, et al., 2004). Tissue biopsies would be able to find the sources of those circulating cells, nests of similar cells throughout the body, which were dying about as fast as they were replicating. In 1969, Harry Rubin described an autopsy study which found that everyone over the age of 50 had at least one diagnosable cancer in some tissue. "Occult microscopic cancers are exceedingly common in the general population and are held in a dormant state by a balance between cell proliferation and cell death and also an intact host immune surveillance"(Goldstein and Mascitelli, 2011). These authors observed that the stress of surgery stimulates tumor growth, by various mechanisms, and that surgery increases the risk of developing cancer in apparently cancer-free patients.“-Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Honey has been used therapeutically for thousands of years, and recently there has been some research documenting a variety of uses, including treatment of ulcers and colitis, and other inflammatory conditions.”
-Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Sucrose (and sometimes honey) is increasingly being used to reduce pain in newborns, for minor things such as injections (Guala, et al., 2001; Okan, et al., 2007; Anand, et al., 2005; Schoen and Fischell, 1991). It's also effective in adults. It acts by influencing a variety of nerve systems, and also reduces stress.” Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Lavender tea boasts anti-inflammatory properties that can reduce inflammation and prevent a host of serious ailments. Reducing inflammation can prevent heart attacks by reducing the risk of blood clots caused by inflamed arteries. Lavender tea can also help alleviate pain by reducing inflammation of the muscles and joints. The soothing scent of lavender can also minimize muscle spasms.”

I am drying some lavender that I picked from my yard for tea right now! It only takes a few days.

Attachments

• C4E6F1C9-0B34-4EDE-AF07-48D476CD1CD1.jpeg
    C4E6F1C9-0B34-4EDE-AF07-48D476CD1CD1.jpeg
    654.7 KB · Views: 1
OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Just wanted to post an update (9 years later, wow!).

I no longer have any pain; Ray was right about everything (speaking about my own experience and others I know who've applied it as well).
Shockingly; I have yet to find anything he's been wrong about for me.

Whenever the "peaty" things I did caused problems; later on it would turn out it was because I did too much or too little of something, or I was missing context in my understanding of how to implement in regard to other things (nothing you take/eat/do operates in a vacuum).

Took a lot of testing; nuance, studying and experimenting to get where I am.

I've healed/eliminated/mediated the following through this process:

Rheumatoid arthritis (I'm not on any meds)
Migraines
Hypoglycemia
Nausea
Anxiety
Insomnia
Fatigue
Depression
Back pain
Acne
Cold all the time
Milk allergies
Food craving
Digestive issues
Colds/flues
Nightmares
Mood swings
Low motivation
Obsession/rumination
Add/low focus/low motivation/brain fog

I'm sure there are other things as basically everything I feel/do seem to be affected by metabolism, gut health and hormones.

I will post a separate thread later with lessons I have learned incase it can help others.“

kYgirl

“Just wanted to post an update (9 years later, wow!).

I no longer have any pain; Ray was right about everything (speaking about my own experience and others I know who've applied it as well).
Shockingly; I have yet to find anything he's been wrong about for me.

Whenever the "peaty" things I did caused problems; later on it would turn out it was because I did too much or too little of something, or I was missing context in my understanding of how to implement in regard to other things (nothing you take/eat/do operates in a vacuum).

Took a lot of testing; nuance, studying and experimenting to get where I am.

I've healed/eliminated/mediated the following through this process:

Rheumatoid arthritis (I'm not on any meds)
Migraines
Hypoglycemia
Nausea
Anxiety
Insomnia
Fatigue
Depression
Back pain
Acne
Cold all the time
Milk allergies
Food craving
Digestive issues
Colds/flues
Nightmares
Mood swings
Low motivation
Obsession/rumination
Add/low focus/low motivation/brain fog

I'm sure there are other things as basically everything I feel/do seem to be affected by metabolism, gut health and hormones.

I will post a separate thread later with lessons I have learned incase it can help others.“

Congrats! Always look forward to your insights

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Congrats! Always look forward to your insights
They aren’t my insights, I was quoting the original poster in the thread I linked. I am glad I didn’t have all of those issues whew! Thank you for the compliment though :)

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“The numerous anti-inflammatory and antioxidant compounds found in these berries can relieve the common symptoms of arthritis, gout, headaches, and irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), among others.”