Ozone Therapy IV. snake Oil?

5magicbeans

Hello Science people,
My Dr. is recommending this for inflammation. Would greatly appreciate thoughts/advice.

Why treat with Ozone and UVB therapy?

1. Ozone is a potent regulator of the immune system. This means that when the immune system is overactive ozone will calm it down. Conversely, when the immune system is under active ozone will stimulate it. This unique ability of ozone stems from its action on the membranes of white cells that causes them to produce immune related messenger molecules called cytokines.

2 Ozone stimulates increased uptake of oxygen by stimulating the enzyme diphosphoglycerate (DPG). DPG enables the release of oxygen from the hemoglobin molecule so that it can be taken up into the cell. In the absence of an adequate amount of DPG, our cells become starved for oxygen.

3. Ozone improves circulation. It does this by enhancing the flow characteristics of blood as a liquid. This effect enables more of the oxygen carrying hemoglobin to reach the capillaries where ultimately the cells will receive more of the oxygen they require. Many patients with chronic inflammatory conditions have impaired circulation.

4. Ozone increases antioxidant protection more than any other therapy including vitamin C. Most people with chronic disease have deficient antioxidant defenses.

5. Ozone is a powerful mitochondrial stimulant. The fundamental underlying cause behind all degenerative disease from diabetes to heart disease to cancer is decreased mitochondrial energy production. Ozone can often correct this problem.

The Nevada Center of Alternative & Anti-Aging Medicine | Ozone Therapy

In our office we currently have a combination of Ozone Therapy and UV irradiation.

Inaut

Bump.

A year and a bit late but I think this is a good therapy. Just wondering if you’ve tried it yet and if so, how’d you find it?

@5magicbeans

Candeias

Has anyone tried this IV?
I used it intramuscularly and it saved me from a long-term knee injury, but I attribute the effect to the blood itself injected into the muscle by increasing macrophages, instead of Ozone, the so-called Autohemotherapy

bookshelf

Any thoughts on Medical Ozone & Ultraviolet Blood Irradiation (UBI) infusions and high dose vitamin C IV therapy? Functional places offer these kinds of services and I can't tell if it's good or not. It's expensive, that's for sure. If any of this really does work, I wish it wasn't so pricey. It's no better than big pharma charging major money for medications that could actually help people.

Sheik

"Do you have any thoughts on ozonated water?"
RP: "I think ozone is too toxic in itself."

Elevated ozone in the air makes me miserable. Bad headaches that don't respond to aspirin. Strong heart palpitations. I can't imagine it being a net positive.

I'm assuming snake oil.

bookshelf

"Do you have any thoughts on ozonated water?"
RP: "I think ozone is too toxic in itself."

Elevated ozone in the air makes me miserable. Bad headaches that don't respond to aspirin. Strong heart palpitations. I can't imagine it being a net positive.

I'm assuming snake oil.
Good insight. TY.

David PS

I relistened to this video today.
01:19:05 - Ray's take on negative ion generators, serotonin, sleeping, altitude
01:35:53 - Wein VI-2500 negative ion generator

Last edited: