Ozempic (semaglutide)

Badger

I have been using it since last July. A fantastic drug. Initial side effects of mild temporary tummy ache subsided after a month. I started at 1/2 mg and went to 1 mg, once a week using self-injection. Brings down blood sugar routinely from 130s and up to 90s or low hundreds (under 110). Took about 5-6 weeks to see this effect. May take 2-3 months for others, which is more typical. Also has helped me lose weight, as it cuts appetite.

Miggie

I have been using it since last July. A fantastic drug. Initial side effects of mild temporary tummy ache subsided after a month. I started at 1/2 mg and went to 1 mg, once a week using self-injection. Brings down blood sugar routinely from 130s and up to 90s or low hundreds (under 110). Took about 5-6 weeks to see this effect. May take 2-3 months for others, which is more typical. Also has helped me lose weight, as it cuts appetite.
Do you have any more updates? Its becoming more popular in bodybuilding as well. some anecdotal evidence that guys eat the same amount of kcal and just lose weight on it.

IIRC in a study the ones that lost the most weight where the leanest.

Badger

Do you have any more updates? Its becoming more popular in bodybuilding as well. some anecdotal evidence that guys eat the same amount of kcal and just lose weight on it.

IIRC in a study the ones that lost the most weight where the leanest.
I went through a nearly 8 week period wher my blood sugar was higher than usual almost always, sometime MUCH higher. Was NOT working! Told my prescribing MD after a mont, and hne said hang in there, which I did. Then suddenly, in last ten days or so, the Ozempic is working again everyday, and my blood sugar is in normal range, like nothing strange ever happened. I'm not lean, still need to lose weight, but I fill up much faster now, losing weight because I don't feel like eating much.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Bump: I'd love to hear more about what others think of Ozempic and its mechanism of action.

Badger

Bump: I'd love to hear more about what others think of Ozempic and its mechanism of action.

In last 6-8 weeks, Ozempic has been losing steam with me. Isn't working too well anymore, after using it for well over a year. Appetite curtailment, for example, is 80% gone. But there is a relatively new kid on the block, "Mounjaro." Works terrific for me!! Back to good and better blood sugar numbers after using for almost a month. Mounjaro has become so popular, it's hard to get now. Had to search out pharmacies that could fill a prescription for it. Jay Campobell has been touting its virtues strongly. See his YouTube video:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-s3TJEG8E54

toolhead

Does anyone know if it preferentially targets fat, or does it just mimic caloric restriction, thereby losing both muscle and fat?

DuggaDugga

Bumping this thread.

@Badger would love top hear an update on your experience.

@All: thoughts on strategies to combat potential side effects of semaglutide? I'm primarily concerned about muscle-wasting do to caloric restriction. Given its mechanism of action I'm inclined to say one should limit overall fat intake in favor of carbs to meet the increased insulin secreted which also has less competitive glucagon.

Inabruzzo

Forum Supporter
Bone loss, muscle loss snd connective tissue loss might be making up the total weight loss.

I know Attia was a fasting kook, but decent article about lean mass loss and GLP-1 receptor agonists with some citation.

I don’t have any personal xp with taking semaglutide, just posting some content I dug up.

Badger

David PS

Pharmaceuticals (like Ozempic?) are often too potent at any effective dosage. They are unnatural and they often that block or inhibit biological processes to such an extent that they create new future problems for patients. There are a number foods containing food factors with GLP-1-releasing/enhancing activity that may help. See Table 2.

Last edited:

sugarisgreat

It is made from the venom of the Gila monster.

The covid vaccines are also venoms from various snakes, wrapped in nanoparticles, to be released in a varied timeline. Mostly Cobra and Krate snake venoms. All the data backs this up. Covid was venom sprayed. Not a respitory virus.

I would not use anything EM endorses. "Elon shall lead them"-from Werner Braun Von's book about Mars. I don't want to go where EM is leading.

cremes

It is made from the venom of the Gila monster.

The covid vaccines are also venoms from various snakes, wrapped in nanoparticles, to be released in a varied timeline. Mostly Cobra and Krate snake venoms. All the data backs this up. Covid was venom sprayed. Not a respitory virus.

I would not use anything EM endorses. "Elon shall lead them"-from Werner Braun Von's book about Mars. I don't want to go where EM is leading.
I hang out in some weird corners of the internet and haven't seen this particular claim. "All the data backs this up." Hmmm...

David PS

I have no source for Ozempic, hence I used the "?". Time will tell about the long term consequences of using it for health issues that can be treated with lifestyle changes.

I was thinking about the Cholesterol con. Many people suffer ill effects from lowering their cholesterol. There are cholinesterase inhibitors and there are also beta blockers that block a pathways in the human body.

In the Covid rollout, the news media and the pharmaceutical industry worked together to suppress the true extent of harm from the vaccines. Deaths and injuries were considered to be acceptable. I do not automatically trust them anymore. For me, my post was about foods containing food factors with GLP-1-releasing/enhancing activity that offer a less effective but more tolerable alternative. See Table 2.

I do have diabetes or weight loss issues. I apologize for derailing this thread.

Nfinkelstein

I have no source for Ozempic, hence I used the "?". Time will tell about the long term consequences of using it for health issues that can be treated with lifestyle changes.
ok I understand. With ozempic specifically it is difficult to find much out there as it is so new.

Badger

I was thinking about the Cholesterol con. Many people suffer ill effects from lowering their cholesterol. There are cholinesterase inhibitors and there are also beta blockers that block a pathways in the human body.

In the Covid rollout, the news media and the pharmaceutical industry worked together to suppress the true extent of harm from the vaccines. Deaths and injuries were considered to be acceptable. I do not automatically trust them anymore. For me, my post was about foods containing food factors with GLP-1-releasing/enhancing activity that offer a less effective but more tolerable alternative. See Table 2.

I do have diabetes or weight loss issues. I apologize for derailing this thread.

Weight-loss semaglutides that mimic calorie restriction like Ozempic appears to drive bone loss:

"An unintended consequence of caloric restriction may be bone loss. Cutting calories can drive fat loss in subcutaneous body fat depots. Yay. Great right? Except an emerging line of research is consistently showing that caloric restriction most likely drives a shift in bone marrow stem cells that result in BONE LOSS.

HOW THIS WORKS:
Bone marrow stem cells NORMALLY mature into both types of bone marrow cells osteoblasts and osteoclasts. Caloric restriction can cause a very fundamental SHIFT.
These stem cells, as a result of caloric restriction, can INSTEAD mature into FAT CELLS inside bone marrow, along with osteoclasts. The net is fewer osteoclasts. The result is less mineral reabsorption. 
Translation = BONE LOSS.
Interestingly, the same thing happens with age. You get more adipose tissue in bone marrow resulting in bone loss.

Where this will really hit home is in about 12 months with Semaglutide, where you just eat a lot less."

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/CtGUUg7uo6g/

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals