Oysters not a good copper source ?

Motif

Morley Robbins again. Somebody here in the forum said that Morley says the high amounts of zinc in oysters are letting the body not absorb the copper.

True oder bs?

OP
M

Motif

I hope so. I couldn’t even get liver here for the last two weeks and I need to find a copper source that I can tolerate

I hope 2 oysters a day is enough

Last edited:
Morley Robbins again. Somebody here in the forum said that Morley says the high amounts of zinc in oysters are letting the body not absorb the copper.

True oder bs?
That is exactly right! Ray Peat says oysters are good for zinc and liver for copper, and to not eat them together, or maybe even in the same day?

OP
M

Motif

That is exactly right! Ray Peat says oysters are good for zinc and liver for copper, and to not eat them together, or maybe even in the same day?
He really says that?
Oh damn. And looking for copper sources continues for me

He really says that?
Oh damn. And looking for copper sources continues for me
Liver is not only good for it, with 3 ounces necessary a week, ray peat says, but is high in Retinol A, the anti-aging A, unlike beta carotene A. I absolutely no not like liver, but have found that cutting it in tiny pieces and mixing it with steak pieces, and seasoning it with lots of chili powder and cumin really makes it hardly noticeable.

OP
M

Motif

Liver is not only good for it, with 3 ounces necessary a week, ray peat says, but is high in Retinol A, the anti-aging A, unlike beta carotene A. I absolutely no not like liver, but have found that cutting it in tiny pieces and mixing it with steak pieces, and seasoning it with lots of chili powder and cumin really makes it hardly noticeable.
Does it make a difference if you eat a tiny bit daily or the same amount at once once a week?

Does it make a difference if you eat a tiny bit daily or the same amount at once once a week?
We store it all, so you can tackle it two ways, eat it all at once so you don't have to think about it, eat it in smaller portions over several days for a little daily boost. I personally like the getting it over with so I can get back to my love of shellfish, which is also high in zinc.

OP
M

Motif

Still not sure if oysters are enough for copper. ?‍♂️

OP
M

Motif

Ray peat says oysters everyday are enough for copper (2 oysters). Others say the zinc doesn’t let the body absorb the copper.

i just don’t know. Getting my blood test results next week. Let’s see. I mostly ate two oysters a day, but sometimes I was taking a copper supplement too.

somehow I think there’s still not a real improvement in my copper deficiency

Ray peat says oysters everyday are enough for copper (2 oysters). Others say the zinc doesn’t let the body absorb the copper.

i just don’t know. Getting my blood test results next week. Let’s see. I mostly ate two oysters a day, but sometimes I was taking a copper supplement too.

somehow I think there’s still not a real improvement in my copper deficiency
I have not heard him say two oysters a day. I have heard him say 3 oysters a week are enough for zinc, and I suppose that would depend on the size, certainly not kumamotos. I would love to have 14 oysters a week! I thought copper opposes zinc so you shouldn't have liver on the same day as oysters?

lampofred

All shellfish are good sources of copper and only oysters are extremely high in zinc so maybe you can try other shellfish. Mushrooms are also a source of copper.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals