Oyster Overdose, Help Please

tara

@debored13 why does Ray Peat say not to eat oysters raw? I ate 18 raw oysters today, with 750ml of orange juice. It was a good time.
AIUI, Peat's concern was the risk of infectious agents. He knew someone who got quite sick from contaminated shellfish, and is cautious.

If it worked out fine for you in the past, then that's great, and you have probably done yourself good.
Next time you might be lucky again, or once in a while not. I think it's a matter of risk-tolerance.

Lilly

AIUI, Peat's concern was the risk of infectious agents. He knew someone who got quite sick from contaminated shellfish, and is cautious.

If it worked out fine for you in the past, then that's great, and you have probably done yourself good.
Next time you might be lucky again, or once in a while not. I think it's a matter of risk-tolerance.
Agreed. I also have only raw or deep fried with gluten oysters available where I live( when eating out), so I do eat them raw even though it would be better not to. I drink good strong wine with them to help kill the possible parasites or bacteria, and I also add a Hcl betaine tablet to be on the safe side.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals