Oxytocin A Single Dose Leads To A Permanent Increase? (Positive Feedback)

cs3000

vetiver

what effect are you trying it for?
Oxytocin upregulation for anhedonic symptoms. I am also diagnosed BPD and oxytocin has been known to be helpful for both BPD and autism spectrum. I don't know if inhaling it would have the same effect as the nasal spray but the nasal spray from rupharma requires crypto and I would need to divert it to another address bc they don't ship to my country. I'm not sure how difficult it would be to get a prescription from a psychiatrist.

Last edited:

LLight

The oxytocin molecule is an internal di-sulfide, capable of redox analogous to any other thiol reaction/equilibrium such as occurs with glutathione, 2GSH ---> GSSG. One difference being oxytocin's ability to bind a Cu atom, thereby maintaining the -SH groups in close proximity to one another, for very rapid redox reactions. Vasopressin is very similar as a redox molecule. Clearly, oxytocin is the oxidized form, and when reduced opens up to a nonapeptide disulfide.
Would you know a paper discussing what you are talking about?
I'm really interested but the chemistry is over my head. I don't understand what are the consequences regarding the effect of oxytocin and vasopressin.