Oxtail And Glutamate

Pet Peeve

I have problems with glutamate so I can't eat gelatin from Now foods. It's not horrible but I get a reaction after a couple of days.

Also I bought oxtail and boiled it for a couple of hours but it wasn't tender enough to eat, I had to boil it a total of almost four hours to get it tender enough. When I ate it I got a horrible glutamate reaction.

I've read that if you use a pressure cooker the oxtail will be tender after an hour only. Will there be any glutamate if I do it this way?

Do you guys have some thoughts about this?

I have a good access to oxtail and pretty cheap, but a pressure cooker on the other hand is a bit of an investment.

M

member 2106

I boil it (well, let it simmer) for 3 hours, and it's tender enough. Sometimes really big cuts of tail, too. I'm not sure why you had to boil it for four hours. Did you brown it in a frying pan first?

paymanz

I'm interest in that question regarding pressure cooking, its matter of temp.

I don't know how higher temp but shorter time can effects glutamate production?

InChristAlone

What are the symptoms of glutamate toxicity?

OP
Pet Peeve

Pet Peeve

What are the symptoms of glutamate toxicity?

Primarily anger and irritability. A strong feeling of mental strain like you can't relax or enjoy anything. When it passes you look back and think you had a skewed view of the world during the toxicity.

paymanz

I think cutting them to smaller pieces probably helps to cook them in shorter time.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals