Oxidized Vitamin C DHAA Anti Cancer Make It At Home

In a recent YouTube interview with Danny Roddy, @haidut has discussed an anti-cancer drug
2:18:42 around

And this drug is oxidized ascorbic acid with a little K3.

First Clinical Trial Of Apatone For Cancer Treatment Promising

He says oxidized C and methylene blue can be made instead at home.

And that the MB in a glass, mixed with the C solution, will pick up oxygen and repeatedly turn back into blue as it picks up room oxygen and oxidizes the vitamin C.

Has anyone studied or done this?

OP
ecstatichamster
Also see

Vitamin C and Dehydroascorbic Acid Serum
DHAA Vitamin C Serum - Our Observations
On infected areas the combination of Ascorbic Acid, DHAA and Glutathione act together rapidly reducing swelling and pain. We have observed several worsening infections undergo a complete turnaround in a matter of hours after applying our DHAA/Ascorbic Acid Serum.

DHAA and Vitamin C appears to help wounds heal much faster. After around six weeks it noticeably rebuilds collagen and elastin integrity and strengthens blood vessels, capillary leakage is noticeably reduced. It may also improve the flow of oxygen and nutrients to the wound and enhance the lymph gland and the vascular endothelial system as swelling reduces soon after treatment begins. These actions give better protection against future leakage and swelling and improve the chances of reducing and overcoming infections.

Aged Skin With Degenerated Blood Vessels
In an 89 year old female treated with DHAA Vitamin C serum for a badly infected toenail which had not responded to two courses of antibiotics we found a secondary condition common among the aged. She had poor capillary integrity on the shins of both legs and scurvy like skin lesions.

The skin was thin and fragile and bruising would result from the slightest knock. She was on blood thinners which would likely make the condition worse or may perhaps even be the cause. Deep bruising would occur in response to even slight knocks and blood would rise to the surface over a period of weeks or months before erupting through the skins surface.

A full thickness layer of skin would then detach leaving an open wound which took months to heal. Several times in the past the skin damage was so bad the patient had to be treated at hospital.

A decision was made to treat the toe and the skin of both legs from below the knee to the tips of the toes with DHAA Vitamin C serum.

Photo below shows the leg after a slight knock around eight months prior to treatment with DHAA.

bruised-vitaminc-deficient-leg.jpg

It had improved somewhat before the DHAA Vitamin C Serum treatment was started, but it still had several open and encrusted areas of concern and capiiiary leakage/contusion. Photo below shows legs after six weeks treatment with the serum. Overall skin colour and skin thickness have improved but the biggest change is in how the scabs are resolving.

legstreatedtopicalvitcdhaa.jpg

The two darkest lesions on the right leg are months old and would normally shed completely leaving an open wound. Now they are healing in from the edges with new pink skin visible underneath. Capillary integrity is already showing signs of improvement as new bruises are not spreading as much or for as long and are starting to resolve without breaking the surface.

Photo Below. Three weeks later and the skin condition and vitality is vastly improved. The lady also had a bad fall a couple of weeks earlier which required hospitalization, the caregivers were concerned that very serious bruises would erupt through the skin again as a consequence. However, after ten weeks of daily application of half a teaspoon of DHAA Vitamin C Serum she had a completely normal bruising response. Deep bruising was evident after the accident but the capillary leakage stopped quickly and the bruising subsided within two weeks.

after-vitamin-c.jpg

after-treatment-with-DHAA-vitamin-C-serum.jpg

Scientific Research Paper Vitamin C Revisited excerpt below, to view full paper click link at the end:

Abridged: "The role of vitamin C in mitigating oxidative injury-induced microcirculatory impairment and associated organ failure. Vitamin C can additionally restore vascular responsiveness to vasoconstrictors, preserve endothelial barrier by maintaining cyclic guanylate phosphatase and occludin phosphorylation and preventing apoptosis. Finally, high-dose vitamin C can augment antibacterial defense. These protective effects against overwhelming oxidative stress due to ischemia/reperfusion, sepsis or burn seems to mitigate organ injury and dysfunction, and promote recovery after cardiac revascularization and in critically ill patients." Full Research Paper here:

High_Prob

Do you have any insight into the below concern? I know your post is referring to Methylene Blue and not Oxidal specifically but just wanted to know if you had any insight...

In this discussion, Haidut mentions mixing Methylene Blue and Ascobic acid ultimately yielding Dehydroascorbic Acid due to oxidation.

Oxidal has benzoic acid in it. Benzoic Acid + Ascorbic Acid yields Benzene which is highly carcinogenic. Therefore I am assuming that we have to be cautious if mixing Oxidal with Ascorbic Acid which sucks because this is the only methylene blue product that I am comfortable with and this seems like such a perfect way to get Dehydroascorbic Acid.

Any other ways to oxidize Ascorbic Acid into Dehydroascorbic Acid other than methylene blue and Vitamin K3? I believe Iodine will cause this reaction...anything else?

haidut

Forum Supporter
Do you have any insight into the below concern? I know your post is referring to Methylene Blue and not Oxidal specifically but just wanted to know if you had any insight...

It is a tiny amount of benzoic acid - 0.4mg per drop and considering only a few drops of Oxidal would be used then it should not be a concern. Also, we may be replacing the benzoic acid in Oxidal with 2-OH-benzoic acid (salicylic acid) starting with the next batch and salicylic acid is not subject to the same concerns when mixed with vitamin C.

Hans

Forum Supporter
In a recent YouTube interview with Danny Roddy, @haidut has discussed an anti-cancer drug
2:18:42 around

And this drug is oxidized ascorbic acid with a little K3.

First Clinical Trial Of Apatone For Cancer Treatment Promising

He says oxidized C and methylene blue can be made instead at home.

And that the MB in a glass, mixed with the C solution, will pick up oxygen and repeatedly turn back into blue as it picks up room oxygen and oxidizes the vitamin C.

Has anyone studied or done this?

I actually just started with this today. I'm using 1g vitamin C with 10-15mg methylene blue.
Can't say much yet, but I experience clearer breathing and clearer eyesight so far.

LeeLemonoil

Is that really working? Wouldn’t MB oxidize Vit C (solution to become clear) so that MB is reduced and would be a reducing agent in vivi than? Nullifying the pro-ox Dhaa in tissue than?

Is that what @haidut mentioned? Let it sit a while to reox with airborne oxygen? Turn blue again?

Also, isn’t plain Vit C in water turning into DHAA? Pls apologize the cluelessness and thankd for more info

Broken man

It is a tiny amount of benzoic acid - 0.4mg per drop and considering only a few drops of Oxidal would be used then it should not be a concern. Also, we may be replacing the benzoic acid in Oxidal with 2-OH-benzoic acid (salicylic acid) starting with the next batch and salicylic acid is not subject to the same concerns when mixed with vitamin C.
I would like to ask you, I am reading about benzoic acid for some time now because I want to buy some food grade so I can use a little everyday. Do you have any informations about safety of using it every day for some time? I want to use it because of study on pigs where it increased digestibility and mineral content of food and villus height in the intestine. Problem is that mainstream sources are against it and I cant find some good information about this great thing. Thank you.

Vinny

Following

fever257

I'll keep an eye out for updates, this is some good food for thought!

On another note, does anyone know where i can purchase Methylene Blue?

I've tried to find it multiple times to no avail, at least not in supplement form. Any ideas?

tankasnowgod

Also, isn’t plain Vit C in water turning into DHAA? Pls apologize the cluelessness and thankd for more info

I've made Vitamin C serums in water in the past, and the liquid does turn brown fairly quickly (over a number of days/weeks, not really sure how much time it takes). It also starts to smell sweet, and I believe may even have a sweet-ish taste. If skin care blogs are to be believed, it is turning into DHAA- The Shelf Life of Your Fave Vitamin C Serum Is Shorter Than You Think

Hans

Forum Supporter
Here is some of the research I think haidut mentioned in the podcast.
From this study (I'm just going to dump a few quotes): Vitamin K: Redox-modulation, prevention of mitochondrial dysfunction and anticancer effect
"Quinones can undergo one-electron reduction, producing intermediate semiquinone radicals, as well as two-electron reduction with production of hydroquinones (Fig. 3) [41]. Both reactions are accompanied by consumption of superoxide radicals and reducing equivalents (as NADH, NADPH, glutathione), which are essential for cancer cell homeostasis"​

"Numerous studies suggest that cellular state, where the ratio tilts predominantly in favor of superoxide, inhibits apoptosis and promotes cell survival. If the ratio tilts in favor of hydrogen peroxide, this creates an intracellular environment suitable for induction of apoptosis and cell death."​

"In this context, the decrease of superoxide due to vitamin K redox-cycle may explain, at least partially, its anticancer activity. On the other hand, semiquinone radical of vitamin K can convert transition metal ions, e.g. Fe3+ to Fe2+, thus inducing Fenton's reactions and production of highly reactive and cytotoxic hydroxyl and hydroperoxyl radicals"​

"In vitro studies have reported a strong anticancer effect of the combination of vitamin C and pro-vitamin K3 (C&K3) on cancer cell lines [71], [72], [73], [74], [75], [76], [77], [78]. Most of these studies have demonstrated that anticancer effect of the combination is most well expressed at ratio vitamin C:K3 = 100:1 (mol:mol). "​

"Eleff at al. have reported that administration of vitamin C and K3 on the skeletal muscles of a 17-years-old patient with a severe defect in complex III of the mitochondrial electron transport chain (mitochondrial dysfunction) increases the recovery rate, compared to the recovery rate of the young female controls [83]. The defect includes a deficiency of reducible cytochrome b (cyt. b), which is accompanied by an effective prevention of aerobic metabolism and oxidative phosphorylation. The authors bypass the deficient complex III by using pro-vitamin K3 and vitamin C as electron transfer mediators to carry the electrons from coenzyme Q (CoQ) to cyt. c. Thus, they succeeded to increase ATP production rate to about 65% of the normal state in mitochondria, as well as to decrease the lactic acidosis in the patient. The combination of vitamin C and K3 results in a production of more ATP, than in the case of vitamin C applied alone."​

The dose was 1g of ascorbic acid and 10mg of K3 every 6 hours. 31P NMR study of improvement in oxidative phosphorylation by vitamins K3 and C in a patient with a defect in electron transport at complex III in skeletal muscle.

"The oxidized vitamin K (KQ) can accept electrons from superoxide, converting consequently to semiquinone (KQH•) and hydroquinone (KQH2). Finally, the reduced vitamin K can transfer electrons directly to cyt. c. In turn, the oxidized vitamin C (dehydoroascorbate) can accept electrons directly from Complex-I (NADH) or CoQ, converting consequently to semidehydroascorbate (Asc•) and ascorbate (Asc). Finally, the reduced vitamin C can transfer electrons to cyt. c. The two redox-cycles lead to a bypass between Complex-I (or Complex-III) and cyt. c. This will restore the oxidative phosphorylation and ATP synthesis."​

As a side note, succinic acid can also rescue a defective complex I.

"It is widely accepted that the increased mitochondrial oxidative stress and high levels of NAD(P)H and glutathione are distinctive features of the metabolic phenotype of cancer cells [43], [44], [47], [48]. Since the reduction potentials of NAD(P)H, FADH2 and GSH are very low (below −200 mV), all substances can directly reduce vitamins C and K."​

Both methylene blue and vitamin K2 can be used as both are able to convert from its reduced form back into its oxidized form.

gr2.jpg

Vitamin K2 (MK-4) is naturally in it's oxidized form, which is converted to it's reduced form by vitamin C, which yields dehydroascorbate and hydroquinone. The hydroquinone can then transfer electrons to cytochrome C and DHAA can then accept electrons from complex I.

Methylene blue is also naturally in its oxidized form which is converted to its reduced form (colourless) by vitamin C. So combining methylene blue or vitamin K2 with vitamin C should have the same outcome.

However, vitamin K2 bypasses complex III, whereas methylene blue can't. Methylene blue can bypass complex I & II though. So if the goal is to rescue ATP, maybe a combination of vitamin C (complex I), succinic acid (complex I & II), methylene blue (complex I, II & IV) (R) and vitamin K2 (complex III) would be most helpful.

It appears that the pro-ROS effect of vitamin C and K2 is through the generation of hydrogen peroxide. In that case, methylene blue is also really effective at boosting H2O2.
In the study mentioned above, they used 10mg vitamin K3 and 1g vitamin C every 6 hours, but it was for boosting ATP purposes and not generating ROS. But if methylene blue is as effective as vitamin K3 at boosting H2O2, the same dose could perhaps be used.

P.S. When I mix my vitamin C with methylene blue. After a few minutes the solution becomes clear and as soon as it does, I down it. I might reduce my methylene blue dose and add in some vitamin K2.

LeeLemonoil

Thanks @Hans

I‘m unsure about the reduced MB that one would ingest or apply topically then.

I wonder if reduced MB would negate the desired effects of DHAA in skin tissue for example if it’s located there next to each other for a time - as it would be the case in a cream/serum applied.

And what would reduced MB do ingested and on its own in cells and mitos? Scavenge electrons?

Grapelander

? Do you know if PABA has any of the positive effects of benzoic acid; or can be used in similar chemical reactions.
Also did not realize salicylic acid was related (2-OH-benzoic acid) - thanks for that info. Blessings your way.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Thanks @Hans

I‘m unsure about the reduced MB that one would ingest or apply topically then.

I wonder if reduced MB would negate the desired effects of DHAA in skin tissue for example if it’s located there next to each other for a time - as it would be the case in a cream/serum applied.

And what would reduced MB do ingested and on its own in cells and mitos? Scavenge electrons?
It depends on why you want to use it. I use the combination to detoxify plastics and other toxins. If you want to use it for skin related issues, just use the DHAA topically.
MB in its oxidized form would accept electrons, which it would then donate to cytochrome C to be recycled back into its oxidized form. So yes, oxidized MB would reduce superoxide generation and increase ATP. But also, MB increases H2O2, which will help destroy plastics and toxins and exert anti-cancer effects.

koky

haidut or someone please offer a simple recipe

5g vitamin c, 1 mg meth blue... add water? wait how long?