Oxidation and reduction

Motorneuron

Is methylene Blue pro oxidant or antioxidant ?

joaquin

I don't think it leaks.

Jam

Both, as needed.

OP
M

Motorneuron

Both, as needed.
So does it depend on the dosage or does it adjust "by itself" based on the situation you are in? if the body is in excess oxidation does it become an antioxidant while if the body is towards reduction does it become a pro oxidant?

joaquin

I took some this morning.

Jam

Anti oxidant. You could have looked that up anywhere......
No. Methylene Blue is a redox agent. When it enters the body, it cycles between oxidized (methylene blue) and reduced (leuco-methylene blue) forms.

joaquin

But you can mix into warm water that has some vitamin C powder and it will turn clear in a couple of minutes thereby changing its state from one to another.

Jam

So does it depend on the dosage or does it adjust "by itself" based on the situation you are in? if the body is in excess oxidation does it become an antioxidant while if the body is towards reduction does it become a pro oxidant?
Yes, at normal dosages it has those adaptive properties. However, at high dosages, the pro-oxidant properties overwhelm the anti-oxidant ones.

OP
M

Motorneuron

Yes, at normal dosages it has those adaptive properties. However, at high dosages, the pro-oxidant properties overwhelm the anti-oxidant ones.
Here, as I assumed. Unfortunately, determining the dosage relative to the individual remains complex ... a dosage that may seem high for you is low for me ... 500mcg for me I think it is pro oxidant because the effects lasted almost 3 days, unfortunately including side effects such as 'inhibition of MAO ... I can not say that these effects are ANTI oxidants, I hope you understand.

It's not at all easy to determine the moment you take it what's going to happen... which way it's going to go based on your internal chemical state.

OP
M

Motorneuron

But you can mix into warm water that has some vitamin C powder and it will turn clear in a couple of minutes thereby changing its state from one to another.
Can you be more specific? even Vitamin C if I'm not mistaken can become pro-oxidant at "high" dosages including the production of hydrogen peroxide...

joaquin

Can you be more specific? even Vitamin C if I'm not mistaken can become pro-oxidant at "high" dosages including the production of hydrogen peroxide...
It's all in the video. Watch that professor , I did it same way and it works. Very easy.