OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
FredSonoma said:
post 101674
haidut said:
FredSonoma said:
post 101507 I'm having issues with sugar - fruit juice concentrates / honey give me digestive problems, and too much white table sugar makes me feel anxious and socially awkward. Basically, I'm getting all my sugar from orange juice, and in addition to the ~ 1 gallon of milk I drink a day, it's just way too much liquid and I feel so bogged down, but hungry at the same time.

Would this help me be able to eat more pure white table sugar without issues?

Probably not, methylene blue is mostly for ensuring sugar is properly oxidized and not turned into lactic acid. I am not aware of MB helping with digesting sugar.

Would there be any signs I can look for that MB would help me? I don't so much have a problem digesting sugar, it's just that when I eat too much of it in pure white sugar form I feel weird lol and I can feel that I need some nutrients with it.

I would first check fasting blood glucose, insulin, IGF-1. Other than that, if it lowers lactate I guess CO2 should be higher and that can also be checked by a blood test.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fetch

haidut said:
post 98073 uuy8778yyi wrote:
Source of the post Would dmso with methylene blue work in theory

Why do you think DMSO is helpful at all for hairloss?? The only reason I can see for combining it with MB is to increase absorption. But absorption is already pretty good even without DMSO, and actually MB can cause oxidative damage if local concentrations become too high.

I got a little DMSO on an area that had methylene blue and it made the skin stain way worse just on that spot. The regular methylene blue washed off as usual at the end of the day but the DMSO spot is still there 2 days later it also instantly made the methylene blue much lighter in color in that spot. It is fading just thought it was kinda interesting.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Fetch said:
post 102070
haidut said:
post 98073 uuy8778yyi wrote:
Source of the post Would dmso with methylene blue work in theory

Why do you think DMSO is helpful at all for hairloss?? The only reason I can see for combining it with MB is to increase absorption. But absorption is already pretty good even without DMSO, and actually MB can cause oxidative damage if local concentrations become too high.

I got a little DMSO on an area that had methylene blue and it made the skin stain way worse just on that spot. The regular methylene blue washed off as usual at the end of the day but the DMSO spot is still there 2 days later it also instantly made the methylene blue much lighter in color in that spot. It is fading just thought it was kinda interesting.

The longer MB stays on your skin, the better the health of the tissues in that region. So, I guess what you saw is a positive result.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
johnwester130 said:
post 102075 Do you think Methylene Blue and DMSO is a bad idea ?

Not really, they may actually have synergistic effects. Remember that DMSO is not just a carrier, it has metabolic (and other) effects of its own. I posted a study showing very low doses of DMSO increase metabolism in the brain. MB does the same, especially in the brain, and this is the reason it is being used for Alzheimers.

MCF

Today I received my Oxidal and immediately took a drop under the tongue. Within about 20 minutes I felt warmer. Within an hour I felt energized and a pleasant feeling throughout my body, no jitters just a pleasant feeling of wellbeing. I did not take Oxidal with food, I just had 2 oz of apple juice.

THANK YOU HAIDUT!

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
MCF said:
post 102279 Today I received my Oxidal and immediately took a drop under the tongue. Within about 20 minutes I felt warmer. Within an hour I felt energized and a pleasant feeling throughout my body, no jitters just a pleasant feeling of wellbeing. I did not take Oxidal with food, I just had 2 oz of apple juice.

THANK YOU HAIDUT!

Perfect, glad you like it! You can try taking 1-2 drops before bed for improved sleep. No hangover the next morning like some people experience with cyproheptadine.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
johnwester130 said:
post 102538 Can this help wound healing ?

I am very tempted to put some DMSO in my bottle of oxidal

I don't know about all wounds, but this study showed beneficial effect of MB on blood vessel wound healing. The MB was applied locally, directly on the wound.
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/ar ... 1400901071
"...Conclusion: The decrease of versican mRNA expression of repopulating cells after PDT reflects favorable healing on a molecular level. Site-specific delivery of MB, a clinically appropriate photosensitizer, followed by PDT represents a suitable method to promote favorable healing after balloon intervention and further supports its role for inhibiting postinterventional restenosis. (J Vasc Surg 2000;31:1168-77.)

Fetch

johnwester130 said:
post 102538 I am very tempted to put some DMSO in my bottle of oxidal

Just be aware that it took about 6 days for the blue stain from DMSO/methylene blue to fade on my skin. So you may want to be careful about application site if using topically.

BastiFuntasty

Haidut, wasn't you considering about adding some dmso to the oxidal solution? Or do I confound things ^^

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
BastiFuntasty said:
post 102594 Haidut, wasn't you considering about adding some dmso to the oxidal solution? Or do I confound things ^^

No, not for Oxidal. It absorbs fine as it is and I don't want to add DMSO unless absolutely necessary given how much some people fear it. But you can try mixing both if you have some DMSO, it should make absorption faster. Some people do not want that as it masks the absorption speed of regular MB, which is an indicator of health. The DMSO will speed this up and indicate worse health that what's really there.

Peatri Dish

I am two days away from my last does of 250mg acetazolamide. Is it safe to apply oxidal topically now?

Peatri Dish

Yes. I read as little as six hours. So, I went for it! Last night a drop divided on my trap muscles to see if I could experience some of the lactic acid reduction that another member reported. Again this morning a drop divided between my wrists. (I figured it would be a good place for rapid absorbtion.) I felt a little more energy this morning, that's about all. Then I went to the post office and discovered that my amino acids had arrived. So, unable to resist, I confounded the variables! Not unusual for me - I confess!
I had my fruit smoothie with some BCAA and about five other beneficial aminos and bam! Within three minutes I felt this tingling up and down my arms. Could be the build up of MB or could be a synergistic effect.
Anyway, I am hoping to build muscle, lose fat and water weight. So hopefully these will work together to help! I'll keep you posted.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Yes, please do keep us updated Peatri Dish!

Makrosky

Haidut,

I'm going to try oxidal. Is there any condition or scenario where it's use would not recommended? Just in case...

It looks promising!

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Makrosky said:
post 104437 Haidut,

I'm going to try oxidal. Is there any condition or scenario where it's use would not recommended? Just in case...

It looks promising!

The only ones I know of is people taking SSRI since MB can trigger serotonin syndrome in such people, and hypertensives as MB is known to raise blood pressure initially but that effects seems to wane after the first week.

Makrosky

haidut said:
post 104507
Makrosky said:
post 104437 Haidut,

It looks promising!

The only ones I know of is people taking SSRI since MB can trigger serotonin syndrome in such people, and hypertensives as MB is known to raise blood pressure initially but that effects seems to wane after the first week.

Cool, thanks man! Btw, if taken orally, does it stain teeth ???

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals