Oxidal - Liquid Redox Modulator

Filosofy

Just received my Oxidal and wondering about the milk issue. Is anyone here drinking milk and taking MB at the same time?

To be honest, I feel like the no-milk thing makes MB unworth it for me :P

However, I just had large amounts of milk and two drops of MB and I haven't noticed anything bad yet.

Lorettajfu

There have been a number of discussions on the forum about various compounds that can be used to increase oxygen consumption of the cells and thus improve overall metabolism by increasing CO2 production, reduce lactate and (in some cases) uncouple mitochondria. After some research and experiments, I am please to introduce Oxidal - a supplement that should be able to help with increasing oxygenation and improve metabolic health. More info below, and you can order from the links in my profile signature.

Note: This product contains raw material(s) meant for external use only, in cosmetic or other formulations designed for such external use.

****************************************************************************************
Oxidal is a liquid supplement that supports optimal oxygenation of tissues and cells. Each of the ingredients in Oxidal has been shown in scientific studies increase cellular respiration, uncouple oxidative metabolism, and thus support more optimal cellular health. This is believed to result in improved vitality and energy levels.

Drops per container: about 250
Each drop contains approximately:

Methylene Blue (MB), USP: 0.4mg (400mcg)
Caffeine, USP: 0.4mg (400mcg)
Salicylic acid (2-OH-benzoic acid), USP: 0.4mg (400mcg)

Other ingredients: add product to shopping cart to see info

References:
Stimulation of respiration by methylene blue in rat liver mitochondria. - PubMed - NCBI
"...The effect of methylene blue on isolated rat liver mitochondria in the presence and absence of chloroacetaldehyde was investigated. Fatty acid oxidation was inhibited by chloroacetaldehyde and subsequently stimulated by methylene blue. Assessment of tightly coupled mitochondria revealed decreasing respiratory control ratios induced by increasing concentrations of methylene blue and methylene blue provoked mitochondrial swelling. In uncoupled mitochondria, methylene blue promoted a concentration-dependent stimulation of respiration. These findings provide evidence that methylene blue, the redox dye currently used as an antidote for encephalopathy associated with alkylating chemotherapy, uncouples oxidative phosphorylation and acts as an electron transfer mediator to stimulate mitochondrial respiration."

Effects of Caffeine on Metabolism and Mitochondria Biogenesis in Rhabdomyosarcoma Cells Compared with 2,4-Dinitrophenol
"...This work explored the effects on mitochondrial biosynthesis of caffeine and DNP in human rhabdomyosarcoma cells, a model organism for metabolic observation. We show that treatment of muscle cells with caffeine or DNP will induce the PGC-1α mRNA and protein in a dose- and time-sensitive manner. We also demonstrate that caffeine or DNP increases mitochondrial content as well as enhances oxidative and total metabolism. These are the first observations that directly compare caffeine with DNP and demonstrate the effects of both treatments on glycolytic and oxidative metabolism in skeletal muscle cells."

Mitochondrial uncouplers with an extraordinary dynamic range
"...The wide dynamic range of uncoupling by BHT and benzoic acid provides an excellent starting point for the design of novel uncouplers that could be used to modulate the burning of calories in humans for the treatment of obesity. The production of reactive oxygen species decreases strongly when the mitochondrial protonmotive force is lowered even slightly by uncoupling [39–41]. These uncouplers therefore also present an alternative approach to decreasing radical generation and perhaps treating age-related disorders, particularly since BHT and mitoBHT have antioxidant as well as uncoupling properties."
****************************************************************************************

The ingredients MB and caffeine do not need any introduction, they are well known by the forum members. However, some people may wonder why I added benzoic acid. Well, it looks like benzoic acid has a number of cool properties. First, it uncouples mitochondria in extremely low concentrations (less than 1 picoM/L) and that uncoupling capacity does NOT increase much with dosage. So, it has a much higher therapeutic index (e.g. ratio of effectiveness / risk) compared to drugs such as DNP which can kill you if you miscalculate the dosage just a bit. Benzoc acid also reduces ammonia levels by chelation and is approved as an ammonia-reducing drug called Ucephan.
Drugs@FDA: FDA Approved Drug Products
Benzoic acid
"...Benzoic acid is a Nitrogen Binding Agent. The mechanism of action of benzoic acid is as an Ammonium Ion Binding Activity."

This property is helpful since many people suffer from ammonia overload cause by slow metabolism and stress. Finally, benzoic acid is very well absorbed topically and orally and is not known to affect negatively organs like the liver or the digestive system.
I'd be interested in hearing some comments / thoughts?
I bought 4 bottles of oxide but I am unsure how to use it. You said do not invest so does that mean to apply a few drops to the skin?

Ritchie

Just received my Oxidal and wondering about the milk issue. Is anyone here drinking milk and taking MB at the same time?

To be honest, I feel like the no-milk thing makes MB unworth it for me :P

However, I just had large amounts of milk and two drops of MB and I haven't noticed anything bad yet.
Haven't heard anything about the negatives of MB mixed with milk, do you mind elaborating?
I have recently heard Peat saying that it is bad to have MB with iron, I wonder if that is an issue if one is consuming meat overall, or if it is just to be avoided at the time of consumption.

dallascat

I have been researching MB for awhile, never tried it *yet*, but I see such a wide range of dosing, like 200mcg to 15mg. What is the optimal dosage for your basic nootropics effects?

Jam

Hmm. I've been using 2-3 drops of Oxidal daily for the past week and find it is having excellent anti-inflammatory effects above and beyond what I'm already getting from Pau D'Arco (2x500mg in the morning), iodide, d3, and mk4 (Kuinone). I have tried it in the past but it never worked to this extent. The only significant change this time around is the 15000K IU of d3 I am currently taking vs. the 0-5000K IU I was taking before.

For context, I pretty much cured some highly annoying arthritic symptoms that were affecting my shoulders, sacroiliac joint, right wrist, and a finger mainly with SSKI, Pau D'Arco (and Lapodin), Chaparral, and mk4. I still wasn't 100%, but I figured I would never get back to how I felt 20 years ago. Since upping the d3, I was back to perhaps how I felt 15 years ago. With the addition of Oxidal I now feel like I have the joints of a teenager.

Last edited:

Mossy

Hmm. I've been using 2-3 drops of Oxidal daily for the past week and find it is having excellent anti-inflammatory effects above and beyond what I'm already getting from Pau D'Arco (2x500mg in the morning), iodide, d3, and mk4 (Kuinone). I have tried it in the past but it never worked to this extent. The only significant change this time around is the 15000K IU of d3 I am currently taking vs. the 0-5000K IU I was taking before.

For context, I pretty much cured some highly annoying arthritic symptoms that were affecting my shoulders, sacroiliac joint, right wrist, and a finger mainly with SSKI, Pau D'Arco (and Lapodin), Chaparral, and mk4. I still wasn't 100%, but I figured I would never get back to how I felt 20 years ago. Since upping the d3, I was back to perhaps how I felt 15 years ago. With the addition of Oxidal I now feel like I have the joints of a teenager.
You are fortunate; I get the symptoms of a mild flu when I take this. When I add it to my mouth wash I get a sore throat, in addition. Can you share how you take the 2-3 drops daily?

Jam

You are fortunate; I get the symptoms of a mild flu when I take this. When I add it to my mouth wash I get a sore throat, in addition. Can you share how you take the 2-3 drops daily?
I normally take 2 drops mid-morning with coffee, and will sometimes take a 3rd with tonic water an hour or so before dinner.

Mossy

I normally take 2 drops mid-morning with coffee, and will sometimes take a 3rd with tonic water an hour or so before dinner.
Thank you.

koky

I took 5 drops of Oxidal for the first time yesterday and it cleared my sinuses to a large degree. It's amazing, I almost forgot what it feels like to have a clear breathing and an unclogged nose, because this is a chronic problem for me.
did you take it nasaly?

Dave_Fit

In my own personal experience higher D3 (10-15K vs 5k IU's) seems to alleviate/improve many of my old nagging shoulder, knee, ankle injuries. I use Oxidal sporadically usually 2 drops 2-3 times a week. The biggest improvement I have ever experienced with my aching shoulders was the recent purchase of a RubyLux infra/near-infrared bulb. The effect was immediate after a 15 min session and seems to last a few days. I now alternate left and right shoulder on different nights before bed. Knee and ankle have improved but seem to be more stubborn. The bulb's been a game changer for me. I need to try the oxidal daily and see if this gives additional improvement. Best of luck on you continued improvement.

Jam

In my own personal experience higher D3 (10-15K vs 5k IU's) seems to alleviate/improve many of my old nagging shoulder, knee, ankle injuries. I use Oxidal sporadically usually 2 drops 2-3 times a week. The biggest improvement I have ever experienced with my aching shoulders was the recent purchase of a RubyLux infra/near-infrared bulb. The effect was immediate after a 15 min session and seems to last a few days. I now alternate left and right shoulder on different nights before bed. Knee and ankle have improved but seem to be more stubborn. The bulb's been a game changer for me. I need to try the oxidal daily and see if this gives additional improvement. Best of luck on you continued improvement.
Thanks, I have a Ray Peat-style incandescent bulb (heat lamp) shining on me most of the day. The higher D3 made a big difference, but Oxidal is definitely taking it a large step further to where I have absolutely zero joint problems, day or night. Ever since my early teens I've always had strange issues with my groin where when I would squat and get up too fast I would often be doubled over in pain for a few minutes, as if a tendon or nerve got pinched somewhere, This has totally resolved, for the first time in my life, since upping the D3.

Dave_Fit

Thanks, I have a Ray Peat-style incandescent bulb (heat lamp) shining on me most of the day. The higher D3 made a big difference, but Oxidal is definitely taking it a large step further to where I have absolutely zero joint problems, day or night. Ever since my early teens I've always had strange issues with my groin where when I would squat and get up too fast I would often be doubled over in pain for a few minutes, as if a tendon or nerve got pinched somewhere, This has totally resolved, for the first time in my life, since upping the D3.
That's great! I need to give the oxidal more of a shot going for daily use and see if I can get to that point as well.

metamorph

What's the recommended dosing for Oxidal? For daily, general wellness usage and for high-stress and for red light usage?

Bodrum

This only applies if you take MB orally. Topical administration is fine with milk, but I would still be careful with topical administration if you eat a lot of cheese, especially parmesan, due to the tyramine contents. Chocolate, smokes meats/fishes and fermented foods are also to be mindful of. Here is a good overview of the foods that contain it.
Tyramine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Hi
Just ordered some to be shipped to İstanbul, for me and 2 other friends. We all drink a lot of raw milk. Should we not drink milk at all (or high turamine stuff) or just a few hours apart when taking oxidal orally? And if its ok, how many hours apart do you think is safe?
Thanksn??‍♂️

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals