Oxidal - Liquid Redox Modulator

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Do you think using piracetam and oxiracetam are peaty in a bio energetic sense? Also do you think having saturated cardiolipin and very healthy numbers of mitochondria is what “bio hackers” are missing and in some way shape or form those “smart drugs” mimic a good metabolism in a peaty sense?

I don't think any of them has some unique effects not provided by L-PGA, and this is probably why the plain L-PGA was selected to develop Methadoxine. The racetams are probably useful but I don't thin there have a special advantage over L-PGA.

Momado965

I don't think any of them has some unique effects not provided by L-PGA, and this is probably why the plain L-PGA was selected to develop Methadoxine. The racetams are probably useful but I don't thin there have a special advantage over L-PGA.

Dude wtf lol what about the other half of the question. I was really looking forward to your take on this!!!

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Dude wtf lol what about the other half of the question. I was really looking forward to your take on this!!!

What other half of the question? As I said, they could be useful but L-PGA is probably the way to go if you ask me. It raises dopamine even in low doses and that is likely the "nootropic" effects behind the racetams. Look at the main post on Cardenosine for more info.

Momado965

What other half of the question? As I said, they could be useful but L-PGA is probably the way to go if you ask me. It raises dopamine even in low doses and that is likely the "nootropic" effects behind the racetams. Look at the main post on Cardenosine for more info.

I get that L PGA’s and other racetam’s effect are largely dopamine related. The other half was about the mitochondria and bio hacking.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I get that L PGA’s and other racetam’s effect are largely dopamine related. The other half was about the mitochondria and bio hacking.

I think most biohackers focus too narrowly only on a specific system and their approach is often reductionist. Like you said, the aspect of energy production is almost never discussed and when a chemical is taken/discussed its effects of metabolism are rarely considered. To them it is all about pursuing some obscure enzyme or metabolite when in fact those enzymes/metabolite changes are likely a downstream reaction of changed metabolism. So, for example blocking cortisol is anabolic for the brain (as ti is for muscle) and has nootropic/antidepressant effects. As a result of the improved glucose metabolism in the brain BDNF levels rise. However, hackers miss the reason why BDNF levels rise and instead start chasing raising BDNF at all cost with all kinds of chemicals. There are plenty of chemicals that will raise BDNF but will not have an effect on cortisol, will not be nootropic, and will often even be toxic. The more upstream (energy-related) the target of biohacking is the more likely it is to be beneficial.

Momado965

I think most biohackers focus too narrowly only on a specific system and their approach is often reductionist. Like you said, the aspect of energy production is almost never discussed and when a chemical is taken/discussed its effects of metabolism are rarely considered. To them it is all about pursuing some obscure enzyme or metabolite when in fact those enzymes/metabolite changes are likely a downstream reaction of changed metabolism. So, for example blocking cortisol is anabolic for the brain (as ti is for muscle) and has nootropic/antidepressant effects. As a result of the improved glucose metabolism in the brain BDNF levels rise. However, hackers miss the reason why BDNF levels rise and instead start chasing raising BDNF at all cost with all kinds of chemicals. There are plenty of chemicals that will raise BDNF but will not have an effect on cortisol, will not be nootropic, and will often even be toxic. The more upstream (energy-related) the target of biohacking is the more likely it is to be beneficial.

It is sad the dont think about bio hacking in a peaty sense. They end up trying to optimise what shouldnt be optimised most of the time. If they knew about Dr Peat they’d take bio hacking to a whole new level. Should be awesome.

Fractality

If one were to take oral b-vitamins and oral vit k, and then immediately after take oral oxidal, would those supplements be affected/neutralized by the oxidal?

Fractality

This only applies if you take MB orally. Topical administration is fine with milk, but I would still be careful with topical administration if you eat a lot of cheese, especially parmesan, due to the tyramine contents. Chocolate, smokes meats/fishes and fermented foods are also to be mindful of. Here is a good overview of the foods that contain it.
Tyramine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What is considered "a lot" of cheese in this context? What about two drops orally administered oxidal after eating goat cheese? Most processed cheeses do not contain enough tyramine to cause hypertensive effects, although some aged cheeses (such as Stilton) do.[16][17]

Last edited:

Soika

DMSO can be very harmfull if you are overmethylator// I ve (and many people) had got very very bad results taking it twice 250 mg/ As for me i hadnt felt myself so bad anywhen at all/Be careful

Mito

DMSO can be very harmfull if you are overmethylator// I ve (and many people) had got very very bad results taking it twice 250 mg/ As for me i hadnt felt myself so bad anywhen at all/Be careful
There’s no DMSO in Oxidal.

Epistrophy

@haidut I emailed Dr. Peat about my mothers situation that happened recently and here is the conversation.

Me:
I also wanted to get your opinion on methylene blue and skin conditions. My mother had these red bumps show up all over her body that we're itchy, so she took benadryl to see if the itching would stop and the bumps would go away. The benadryl did not help much. Then she went to a dermatologist and they said it looked like scabies. So I gave my mother 1 mg methylene blue in carbonated water and 30 minutes later her itching totally cleared up, then the next morning 90% of the red bumps disappeared. I believe she had a strong estrogen response due to eating eel sauce from a sushi restaurant that gave her the reaction. Let me know what you think.

Dr. Peat: That’s very interesting; I think it shows that MB is restoring a normally oxidized condition, correcting the reductive stress in the inflamed areas. Eel sauce sounds kind of scary.

This is further confirmation to me that MB has HUGE systemic effects especially in low doses.

Last edited:
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Thanks for sharing the exchange. Also...

Eel sauce sounds kind of scary.

I LOL-ed at this statement. Yes, eel sauce does indeed sound...weird...for some reason. I guess I am thinking of turning the entire eel somehow into sauce, which may or may not be true, but if it is then...yuck!

Epistrophy

Thanks for sharing the exchange. Also...

I LOL-ed at this statement. Yes, eel sauce does indeed sound...weird...for some reason. I guess I am thinking of turning the entire eel somehow into sauce, which may or may not be true, but if it is then...yuck!

Haha yeah I laughed real hard when I read that comment from Ray. Apparently in Japan they used to actually use boiled down eels to make the sauce! According this this website What Is Eel Sauce?

But now people just use fish sauce. Honestly who knows what was in the sauce we got :/

andrei

I have been consuming idealabs products for the past year and I have tried most of them.
Oxidal takes 1st place. Two major effects:
1) Sleep. One drop orally before bed. This is the only supplement that can predict consistently deep sleep for me.
2) Gut motility. My staple food is potatotes and I used to have minor gas from them. With oxidal, the gas is gone and stools are very well formed. It definitely has an effect inside the gut.
@haidut bravo!

Epistrophy

I have been experiencing with using different sparkling/mineral waters to use for delivering MB. After a month I found a mineral water from Mexico called Topo-Chico that is bottled at the source. The water has very distinct properties that I have never seen in a carbonated water. Firstly, the water maintains high carbonation even after two days of opening the bottle, just used a cap to reseal the bottle. Every time I opened the cap again it exploded like a champagne bottle! I am not sure of the ppm of minerals etc. in each serving, but drinking on its own gives a very relaxing feeling.

In light of the quality, I took the 12 fl. oz bottle and added 12 mg MB to give me about 1 mg/fl. oz. The MB mixes very well and to my delight neutralized the chalky taste that I get from putting MB in liquids. This is the same route I gave to my mother for her symptoms which I posted a few days ago. It seems that this mineral water is definitely helping to bring the MB where it needs to go and unlike other carbonated waters there is no carbonated burb with Topo-Chico (at least for me).

So if anyone is looking for a great way to use an oral route for the rat(s) Topo-Chico seems to work very well.

Epistrophy

Another update on my mother’s improvement with MB. I asked her today if any red bumps she had came back, her reply was no. Yet she did state that her sleep has greatly improved, increased mental clarity, toe nail issues cleared up, and her finger nails are started to grow back normally, which was a concern for her.

Amazing things happening !

Peat's coffee

@haidut , I'm interested in trying this topically on the scalp for hair growth, based on what you said in the last generative energy Livestream about mixing with vitamin C.
My question is, what do you think would be the best solvent to mix oxidal and vitamin C for topical use? Would water be alright, or should I add alcohol? Thanks!

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I have been consuming idealabs products for the past year and I have tried most of them.
Oxidal takes 1st place. Two major effects:
1) Sleep. One drop orally before bed. This is the only supplement that can predict consistently deep sleep for me.
2) Gut motility. My staple food is potatotes and I used to have minor gas from them. With oxidal, the gas is gone and stools are very well formed. It definitely has an effect inside the gut.
@haidut bravo!

Awesome! Thanks for sharing! I also like Oxidal for sleep and even 1 drops keeps me asleep the whole night.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut , I'm interested in trying this topically on the scalp for hair growth, based on what you said in the last generative energy Livestream about mixing with vitamin C.
My question is, what do you think would be the best solvent to mix oxidal and vitamin C for topical use? Would water be alright, or should I add alcohol? Thanks!

Water is fine, just warm it slightly so that the vitamin C dissolved easily and then add MB drops and stir. Keeping adding until the liquid is no longer colorless and starts getting slightly blue.

johnwester130

topical lysine would be better to reduce NO

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals