Oxidal - Liquid Redox Modulator

Nokoni

Great stuff Haidut. Once again, many many thanks.

Anders86

This ear thing was just a one time ting and has not happened to me since. I`m guessing the Q-tip got contaminated somehow. I do have a history of chronic ear infections, hear loss and surgeries. So I think I drew the connection a little hasted.

But say it actually came from the ear, what could that be a sign of?

Thank you for all the great quality products!
I bought the Oxidal and noticed that 1mg from Oxidal is a lot less liquid from 1mg Blue Brain Boost. Oxidal also has a greener color.

Nokoni

But say it actually came from the ear, what could that be a sign of?
Throat, eustacian tube, through ear drum, into ear canal, evaporation of water portion. Obviously improbable, but even the correct explanation is bound to be improbable. And maybe your ear docs made some modifications on you that would make it less improbable?

Never used Blue Brain Boost. Is it viscous? Did you take it straight or diluted in water?

Anders86

@Don
Doctors did putt grommets in my ears so fluids would drain easier.
I stopped surgeries when a homeopath put me on Belladonna.

I usually dilute it in juice, sometimes straight down if I`m in a hurry.
And I honestly don`t notice much different from 1mg and 15mg so I dialed it back to 1mg

Blue Brain Boost is more viscous than Idealabs.
1mg BBB to the left and 0.8mg Idealabs to the right.

Attachments

• 18870847_10158895180215492_1547541948_n.jpg
    18870847_10158895180215492_1547541948_n.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 53

Nokoni

@Anders86 Well it might just be that a larger dose of a more viscous liquid maybe did crawl up the eustacian tube through capillary action or something and seep out through the grommet. In which case the good news is that your eustacian is now brimming with health, but the bad news is that you might need to consider putting cotton in your ears so you don't turn your beautiful hair green :)

Nokoni

@Anders86 My pleasure. Do you mind my asking what effects you notice, if any? I take a small dose of Oxidal and feel a pleasant boost in mental energy -- better concentration, better mood. And since there is nothing to suggest that it specifically targets neurons, I assume a similar boost takes place in all the cells that I don't feel -- liver, heart, whatever. Do you get a similar boost in mental energy? I'm an old guy so maybe a younger guy wouldn't get that effect.

Anders86

@Don Yes I get a pleasant and small boost in mental energy, a tad sharper. It also stabilizes mood, especially at 15mg, it makes me flatter.

I did find 15mg MB quite neuroprotective, as it was hard to get drunk. Somewhat like Piracetam and Noopept. Probably some GABA/Glutamate activity?

Last edited:

Ras

Well, first of all it is a metabolite of aspirin so I would expect aspirin to cause the same issues but it does not. Second of all, the concentration used was very high.
"...Benzoic acid (10% in petrolatum) was applied to the forearms of healthy volunteers. Blood was obtained from the antecubital vein draining the treated site and assayed for vasodilating prostaglandins and histamine".

Oxidal has 0.1%, so about 100 times lower concentration and also the amount they applied to humans was huge. Most people only use a few drops of Oxidal so it would only be 100mcg+ (0.1mg) of benzoic acid. I doubt anybody's skin would even register this amount, let alone be affected by it in terms of histamine and PGD2.
Doesn't it say,
Topical application of benzoic acid to four volunteers resulted in a 29- to 8000-fold increase in plasma levels of PGD2 and a 72- to 370-fold increase in levels of 9 alpha,11 beta-PGF2, the stable plasma metabolite of PGD2...
And,
Increased formation of PGD2 in response to topical application of benzoic acid was dose dependent over a concentration range of 0.01% to 15%.

FiveAsh

Does everyone already know that if you drip oxidal into a glass of carbonated water it is insanely cool to watch...!, it was cool enough into regular water. Can anyone explain what is going on here?

A.R

Could this be effective in trying to cure heavy snoring problems?

tara

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Doesn't it say,

And,

Yes, but all of those issues were seen with concentrations 1% and above. Below 1% concentration, and especially at 0.1% and below there was no change. See attached screenshot.
"...When varying concentrations of benzoic acid were tested, no cutaneous erythema was apparent below 1%. Patchy erythema resulted from 1% benzoic acid application while erythema was maximal and confluent with applications containing 5% or greater concentrations of benzoic acid. "

Attachments

• benzoic_acid.png
    benzoic_acid.png
    16.9 KB · Views: 18

Ras

Yes, but all of those issues were seen with concentrations 1% and above. Below 1% concentration, and especially at 0.1% and below there was no change. See attached screenshot.
"...When varying concentrations of benzoic acid were tested, no cutaneous erythema was apparent below 1%. Patchy erythema resulted from 1% benzoic acid application while erythema was maximal and confluent with applications containing 5% or greater concentrations of benzoic acid. "
Thanks

tara

I've seen there are a lot of different designs, which one works best?
No idea which one's work best.
I've used either tape or a cheap chinstrap to keep my mouth shut at night when I've needed support for that, not primarily for snoring. Both have been pretty effective but not perfect. If I were you I'd try either tape or a cheap chinstrap and see if it works to keep your mouth shut, and if that helps against the snoring. If it does, then consider if it's comfortable enough for long term use, and if not, see if you can find something that looks better or has good reviews. For me, the tape felt more comfortable, but the chinstrap was slightly less bother to put on.
I think mine's something like this: Amazon.com : Chin Strap - The Original Anti Snoring Jaw Support - Stop Snore Solution - Sleep Better Aids - Snore No More Devices - Sleeping Relief - Alternative to Mouthpiece Nose Strips(27.5 inch) : Beauty

A.R

No idea which one's work best.
I've used either tape or a cheap chinstrap to keep my mouth shut at night when I've needed support for that, not primarily for snoring. Both have been pretty effective but not perfect. If I were you I'd try either tape or a cheap chinstrap and see if it works to keep your mouth shut, and if that helps against the snoring. If it does, then consider if it's comfortable enough for long term use, and if not, see if you can find something that looks better or has good reviews. For me, the tape felt more comfortable, but the chinstrap was slightly less bother to put on.
I think mine's something like this: Amazon.com : Chin Strap - The Original Anti Snoring Jaw Support - Stop Snore Solution - Sleep Better Aids - Snore No More Devices - Sleeping Relief - Alternative to Mouthpiece Nose Strips(27.5 inch) : Beauty
Ok thank You

Xisca

I have just decided to sleep with a blue t-shirt! :)

Jsaute21

Aspirin, benzoic acid, methylene blue and caffeine are all uncouplers. So it thyroid hormone. Uncoupling respiration leads to increased oxygen consumption and thus higher metabolism. I posted studies caffeine and apsirin lower TSH and increase T4, which is what supplementation with thyroid hormone does as well. I said that taking thyroid should be kept as a last resort since it is a hormone and has a negative feedback mechanism and will suppress natural hormone production. So, taking something with similar effects to thyroid but without the suppression of endogenous production is preferable as far as I am concerned. However, some people do need thyroid and only experimentation will show if you are among them.
I don't know much about your condition but in general keeping metabolism high should be protective. The only people in whom higher metabolism may be detrimental are people with adrenal failure since they could get an Addisonian crisis from higher thyroid function and metabolism. Higher metabolism increases clearance of glucocorticoid hormones and thus can cause Addison symptoms in people with adrenal failure. This is a very rare condition however, so most people should benefit from higher metabolism.

Doing some research on old posts, and came across this piece of advice. I know we have talked a bit about how rare "adrenal failure" is, but how does one rule out that this is not their impairment? I am pretty sure it is not, as i feel decent most days and have improved my health but would like to rule out that option completely.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Doing some research on old posts, and came across this piece of advice. I know we have talked a bit about how rare "adrenal failure" is, but how does one rule out that this is not their impairment? I am pretty sure it is not, as i feel decent most days and have improved my health but would like to rule out that option completely.

In adrenal failure, not much pregnenolone would be present, and neither will adrenaline. There are blood and urine tests for adrenaline metabolites which can rule that out. In adrenal failure, ACTH is usually very high, so that can tested as well.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals