Oxidal - Liquid Redox Modulator

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Haidut, when I use Oxidal, the stain stays on the skin (applied on the foot or chest) for a couple of days even after a shower before disappearing. In one of your posts, you mentioned "The faster MB absorbs and disappears from your skin the "sicker" and hypoxic the local tissue is." But I have quite dry skin. Should it not have disappeared faster? Or is there no relation between the two conditions? TIA

The disppearance speed is mostly drive by the local tissue redox balance. So, the spot staying for several days is a good thing.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Why not milk? I have googled MB and milk, and never seen this mentioned before?

I guess you can. I just stay away from milk when taking drugs like methylene blue since milk is known to inhibit the absorption of so many chemicals. And it can even chelate some of them, even though it is mostly relevant to metals like iron, nickel, aluminum and lead.

m_arch

I kind of already tried this:) Taking 15-20 drops of Oxidal (6mg - 8mg benzoic acid) makes me sweat like a race horse, while taking the same amount of pure MB does not. I am pretty sure it is due to the benzoic acid and not the caffeine, even though the caffeine makes benzoic acid enter the cell even more efficiently so it probably adds to its uncoupling effects.
I've had a low pulse (strangely a perfect temperature though) for 2 days following a tennis match so i thought i'd try 20 drops of oxidal.

No effect what so ever! I did put it on my stomach however, which has gained a bit of fat since peating. Maybe I should have applied it to my wrists or somewhere veiny with thin skin? I just didn't want to answer questions all day with an entirely blue arm lol.

bodacious

I guess you can. I just stay away from milk when taking drugs like methylene blue since milk is known to inhibit the absorption of so many chemicals. And it can even chelate some of them, even though it is mostly relevant to metals like iron, nickel, aluminum and lead.

Hi Haidut, do you mean you don't eat milk products, even when using MB topically? Or is it only when taking it orally?

If this applies to the topical application too, do you have any idea what the "window" would be, where milk would have this effect? e.g. When consumed within an hour of eachother.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Hi Haidut, do you mean you don't eat milk products, even when using MB topically? Or is it only when taking it orally?

If this applies to the topical application too, do you have any idea what the "window" would be, where milk would have this effect? e.g. When consumed within an hour of eachother.

This only applies if you take MB orally. Topical administration is fine with milk, but I would still be careful with topical administration if you eat a lot of cheese, especially parmesan, due to the tyramine contents. Chocolate, smokes meats/fishes and fermented foods are also to be mindful of. Here is a good overview of the foods that contain it.
Tyramine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

bodacious

This only applies if you take MB orally. Topical administration is fine with milk, but I would still be careful with topical administration if you eat a lot of cheese, especially parmesan, due to the tyramine contents. Chocolate, smokes meats/fishes and fermented foods are also to be mindful of. Here is a good overview of the foods that contain it.

Thanks Haidut! I tried one drop this morning—slowly dipping my toe.

bodacious

I put two drops of Oxidal on my forearms this morning.

About an hour later I noticed that I just felt good. Not so much a euphoria, more like an absence of the fog or anxiety that I've had for a couple of years.

I also had two new insights for articles that I intend to write for my blog.

It's only the 2nd time I've taken it, so I'm not sure if there's another reason for my feeling this way (it's the first sunny day of the year, and I slept well last night too).

Will keep y'all updated.

tara

I just didn't want to answer questions all day with an entirely blue arm lol.
I used my instep a few times. Less noticable than forearms. If you are wearing full shoes, then tops of feet might be another option. Or if wearing dark trousers, backs of knees?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I put two drops of Oxidal on my forearms this morning.

About an hour later I noticed that I just felt good. Not so much a euphoria, more like an absence of the fog or anxiety that I've had for a couple of years.

I also had two new insights for articles that I intend to write for my blog.

It's only the 2nd time I've taken it, so I'm not sure if there's another reason for my feeling this way (it's the first sunny day of the year, and I slept well last night too).

Will keep y'all updated.

Awesome, thanks for sharing! It should also improve sleep in doses of 1-2 drops. The caffeine in Oxidal is not enough to affect sleep and is there mostly for improving bioavailability.

Giraffe

The second day, I applied two drops to my right shoulder. I noticed a relaxation in my right shoulder and an opening of my right ear-hole. About 8 hours later, I applied a 3rd drop to my right shoulder. This time, there was a very pronounced effect; After some initial anxiety, I became very relaxed and was in a much better mood which carried through for the rest of the day. I was playing billiards later that evening and noticed that my aim and visualization was much better.
This is interesting. Any update?

Fractality

Here is a description of my initial experience with oxidal. I am a 24 year old male.

I started with 3 drops applied topically last night. I didn't notice any acute effects from that. This morning I took two drops orally in water. I also took tianeptine, 300 mg caffeine + 600 mg theanine, and 2 drops of pansterone.

I experienced an increase in stimulation (my typical energy levels are good) and body temperature (also typically decent). This was much more evident in the afternoon. My face felt very warm; in fact, while I sit here I still feel an elevated body temperature. It's been ~10 hours since I dosed everything. The stimulation is a bit much; I felt "on edge" and anxious at times, with a slight intermittent headache. Perhaps a result of higher blood pressure from the combo of oxidal and caffeine.

I will drop the dose down to 1 drop orally starting tomorrow morning. That could very well be my "sweet spot."

It reminds me a bit of taking a moderate amount of DXM. If I recall correctly, DXM has SSRI effects. It's like a sort of warm, stimulated, paradoxically anxious yet uninhibited state

Last edited:
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Here is a description of my initial experience with oxidal. I am a 24 year old male.

I started with 3 drops applied topically last night. I didn't notice any acute effects from that. This morning I took two drops orally in water. I also took tianeptine, 300 mg caffeine + 600 mg theanine, and 2 drops of pansterone.

I experienced an increase in stimulation (my typical energy levels are good) and body temperature (also typically decent). This was much more evident in the afternoon. My face felt very warm; in fact, while I sit here I still feel an elevated body temperature. It's been ~10 hours since I dosed everything. The stimulation is a bit much; I felt "on edge" and anxious at times, with a slight intermittent headache. Perhaps a result of higher blood pressure from the combo of oxidal and caffeine.

I will drop the dose down to 1 drop orally starting tomorrow morning. That could very well be my "sweet spot."

It reminds me a bit of taking a moderate amount of DXM. If I recall correctly, DXM has SSRI effects. It's like a sort of warm, stimulated, paradoxically anxious yet uninhibited state

Thanks for the report!
Can you please try to take Oxidal without the extra caffeine and report back? It should give energy without the anxiousness. I also find 1-2 drops daily to be optimal but I take mine before bed as it makes me sleep very well and imemdiately improves my breathing to the point that I don't wake up with an open mouth at night.

Fractality

Thanks for the report!
Can you please try to take Oxidal without the extra caffeine and report back? It should give energy without the anxiousness. I also find 1-2 drops daily to be optimal but I take mine before bed as it makes me sleep very well and imemdiately improves my breathing to the point that I don't wake up with an open mouth at night.

I took two oxidal drops in water at around 9:30 this morning. It is 4:30 now and my energy levels are flagging. I did not take any caffeine. A few hours ago my energy levels were solid, perhaps even above baseline. I suppose it is time for a re-dose. I do recall that MB's half life is 5 hours (30 hours in tissue).

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
shouldn't this have niacinamide added to it ?

I guess it can, but I try to make the supplements orthogonal - i.e. complementing and not overlapping with each other. I guess given the effects of vitamin B2 on restoring MAO-A activity and B3 on protecting from MB oxidative stress, taking MB would go well in combination with a B complex. In my case that would be Oxidal + Energin.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
where is the study that used caffeine and methylene blue ?

and

what does this taste like ?

There is a study on MB and niacinamide, not MB and caffeine. It tastes fine to me, and the benzoic acid gives it a bit of tangy taste.

marteagal

I know a person doing research with MB at NIH. He showed me some results suggesting caffeine and MB are synergistic when it comes to cellular oxygenation and caffeine was effective at very low doses provided it was administered together with MB.
Looking forward to his publication :)

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter