Oxandrolone advice needed. Autoimmunity & more.

metamorph

Hey! I have access to Oxandrolone from a compounding pharmacy and I wanted to give it a shot for a number of reasons (listed below) Does anyone have any advice or guidance?

In this thread Haidut discusses into the use of anabolics for autoimmune conditions: "It has been known for almost 100 years that anabolic steroids such as testosterone (as well as nandrolone, oxandrolone, trenbolone, methenolone, etc) are highly effective in stopping almost immediately an "autoimmune" flare and often curing the entire condition for good."

The article^ also mentions that testosterone is easily aromatized in those with chronic inflammation (me) so using that may not be as optimal.

I've been navigating an autoimmune condition for some time and using oxandrolone could be a novel experiment.

Oxandrolone: It can help patients regain weight after surgery, illness or trauma. It can help the body recover from side effects caused by long-term corticosteroid use. It can also treat bone pain caused by osteoporosis.

I've suffered from long-term corticosteroids usage so again I'm wondering if this could be helpful to recover. Oxandrolone also has application in skin-regeneration which is an issue for me with a skin-disease.

I have my nutrition and thyroid dialed in amongst other things.

I'd love to know the best way to move forward. Would you recommend pregnenolone and DHEA alongside oxandrolone? I'd like to avoid suppression.

Thanks!

Last edited:

brightside

It will be an interesting experiment for sure. Please keep this thread updated!

How much are you planning on using?

AspiringSage

As prescribable within the U.S. oral anabolic androgenic steroid (AAS) go oxandrolone is an excellent choice. There is a great paper on using AAS to treat Crohn’s disease, it’s also sometimes used for muscle wasting which can be auto immune in origin. A friend of mine has used multi week low dose courses of oxandrolone or alternatively nandrolone to repair damage from painful and debilitating long covid related autoimmune attacks on his muscles. He’s also on testosterone and thyroid replacement therapy. The man’s had a rough life medically after documented childhood exposure to nuclear fallout; but, I digress.

I think there are some interesting implications to using oxandrolone to recover from corticosteroids. On the one hand you are likely going to heal up much faster, your muscles, skin, joints, and even your bone marrow will do great. On the other hand, all oral AAS (which are practically available and can be prescribed in the U.S.) are harsh on the liver. Oxandrolone is often cited as the least harsh; but, it’s something to keep in mind given that your liver has already been exposed to corticosteroids, likely oral corticosteroids.

Another factor to consider is that corticosteroids have likely already suppressed your natural production of androsterone and testosterone and all the downstream metabolites. Adding an AAS follow on will prolong and deepen suppression of natural production. Also a man does not live on anavar alone. If you take an AAS that suppresses natural production then practically you are going also need testosterone replacement therapy. In the body building community this is referred to as a testosterone base.

Oxandrolone without a “base” will make you feel and do great for four to twelve weeks and then like absolute garbage when you finely suppress what’s left of your natural production. A young healthy male can bounce back fairly quickly from suppression. It gets harder if we are in poor health, are older or have already been exposed to suppressing agents. So, whomever is considering prescribing you oxandrolone really should be considering it as an addition to testosterone. There are also ways to more quickly recover, or to support, your natural production during AAS use (to an extant). HCG/HMG would be my preferred approaches, but they are rarely prescribed in the U.S. for this purpose. Though HCG can be prescribed for other indications or obtained off the grey market (Mexican pharmacies etc).

So, I think you need to consider your liver health (ever had a liver enzyme panel) and you need to evaluate your natural production of testosterone first. You need to discuss a replacement level dose of testosterone with your provider. I get the hesitation to use any testosterone because some of it ends up as estrogen and it involves topical gel or needles. But like I said, a man does not live on anavar alone. There are ways to manage the conversion of testosterone to estrogen like low dose exemestane or androsterone.

From a Peaty perspective believe that he preferred drostanolone propionate (masteron) to oxandrolone (anavar), if I recall correctly he he spoke on it in the context of managing cancer. Drostanolone is a similar injectable AAS, but lacks the liver toxicity of oral oxandrolone. Mainstream medicine seem to views the mild liver issues of oxandrolone as acceptable, but it’s something to keep in mind. The point is largely moot in the U.S. as I’ve never heard of anyone with a drostanolone prescription. Though it is widely used and abused by body builders. Personally, I suspect low doses of oral oxandrolone are safer than oral corticosteroids.

My friend had success suppressing his long covid related auto immune muscle wasting with as little 140mg/week testosterone cypionate and 5/day anavar (though he has ventured as high as 10mg/day). Alternatively, he used 140mg/week testosterone cypionate and 15mg/week nandrolone. When his muscles flare up (about twice a year) he adds injectable or oral AAS until the attack subsides. It seems to take three to five weeks to resolve and keep him up and walking/functioning/not crippled. He manages estrogen with androsterone and occasionally with low doses of exemestane. He has all but discontinued the nandrolone since it makes him moody and retain fluid.
He’s built a lot of muscle for someone his age, his activity level and energy are way up, he sleeps better, memory better etc, on the downside he’s lost a little hair and his lipid profile goes to pot (not that he cares, but causes his doc to freak out) whenever he has to do a treatment cycle on top of his replacement therapy.

I hope this was helpful, this is a huge topic with many facets. I want to state unequivocally that I am not a medical provider. None of the forgoing should be taken as medical advice. I am simply an observant person relaying my own and my friends experiences/opinions in the spirit of harm reduction.

Last edited:
OP
metamorph

metamorph

As prescribable within the U.S. oral anabolic androgenic steroid (AAS) go oxandrolone is an excellent choice. There is a great paper on using AAS to treat Crohn’s disease, it’s also sometimes used for muscle wasting which can be auto immune in origin. A friend of mine has used multi week low dose courses of oxandrolone or alternatively nandrolone to repair damage from painful and debilitating long covid related autoimmune attacks on his muscles. He’s also on testosterone and thyroid replacement therapy. The man’s had a rough life medically after documented childhood exposure to nuclear fallout; but, I digress.

I think there are some interesting implications to using oxandrolone to recover from corticosteroids. On the one hand you are likely going to heal up much faster, your muscles, skin, joints, and even your bone marrow will do great. On the other hand, all oral AAS (which are practically available and can be prescribed in the U.S.) are harsh on the liver. Oxandrolone is often cited as the least harsh; but, it’s something to keep in mind given that your liver has already been exposed to corticosteroids, likely oral corticosteroids.

Another factor to consider is that corticosteroids have likely already suppressed your natural production of androsterone and testosterone and all the downstream metabolites. Adding an AAS follow on will prolong and deepen suppression of natural production. Also a man does not live on anavar alone. If you take an AAS that suppresses natural production then practically you are going also need testosterone replacement therapy. In the body building community this is referred to as a testosterone base.

Oxandrolone without a “base” will make you feel and do great for four to twelve weeks and then like absolute garbage when you finely suppress what’s left of your natural production. A young healthy male can bounce back fairly quickly from suppression. It gets harder if we are in poor health, are older or have already been exposed to suppressing agents. So, whomever is considering prescribing you oxandrolone really should be considering it as an addition to testosterone. There are also ways to more quickly recover, or to support, your natural production during AAS use (to an extant). HCG/HMG would be my preferred approaches, but they are rarely prescribed in the U.S. for this purpose. Though HCG can be prescribed for other indications or obtained off the grey market (Mexican pharmacies etc).

So, I think you need to consider your liver health (ever had a liver enzyme panel) and you need to evaluate your natural production of testosterone first. You need to discuss a replacement level dose of testosterone with your provider. I get the hesitation to use any testosterone because some of it ends up as estrogen and it involves topical gel or needles. But like I said, a man does not live on anavar alone. There are ways to manage the conversion of testosterone to estrogen like low dose exemestane or androsterone.

From a Peaty perspective believe that he preferred drostanolone propionate (masteron) to oxandrolone (anavar), if I recall correctly he he spoke on it in the context of managing cancer. Drostanolone is a similar injectable AAS, but lacks the liver toxicity of oral oxandrolone. Mainstream medicine seem to views the mild liver issues of oxandrolone as acceptable, but it’s something to keep in mind. The point is largely moot in the U.S. as I’ve never heard of anyone with a drostanolone prescription. Though it is widely used and abused by body builders. Personally, I suspect low doses of oral oxandrolone are safer than oral corticosteroids.

My friend had success suppressing his long covid related auto immune muscle wasting with as little 140mg/week testosterone cypionate and 5/day anavar (though he has ventured as high as 10mg/day). Alternatively, he used 140mg/week testosterone cypionate and 15mg/week nandrolone. When his muscles flare up (about twice a year) he adds injectable or oral AAS until the attack subsides. It seems to take three to five weeks to resolve and keep him up and walking/functioning/not crippled. He manages estrogen with androsterone and occasionally with low doses of exemestane. He has all but discontinued the nandrolone since it makes him moody and retain fluid.
He’s built a lot of muscle for someone his age, his activity level and energy are way up, he sleeps better, memory better etc, on the downside he’s lost a little hair and his lipid profile goes to pot (not that he cares, but causes his doc to freak out) whenever he has to do a treatment cycle on top of his replacement therapy.

I hope this was helpful, this is a huge topic with many facets. I want to state unequivocally that I am not a medical provider. None of the forgoing should be taken as medical advice. I am simply an observant person relaying my own and my friends experiences/opinions in the spirit of harm reduction.
Thanks for this! Really appreciate the write-up. Do you think taking Androsterone could be similar and less risky in terms of shut down? I know @haidut made a thread on the synergistic effects of Androsterone with DHEA.

AspiringSage

Thanks for this! Really appreciate the write-up. Do you think taking Androsterone could be similar and less risky in terms of shut down? I know @haidut made a thread on the synergistic effects of Androsterone with DHEA.

Androsterone seems to be less suppressive than other androgens. Conversely, I don’t think it will be similar in effect at all to oxandrolone in terms of muscle repair or body repartitioning. I am less certain on skin repair or inflamation issues. But to be blunt it’s a weak androgen and likely an even weaker anabolic. Long ago (before poisonous statins were invented) androsterone was used to the tune of several hundred mg a day to lower cholesterol. It’s actually really hard to find any info on this drug Andro-S (assuming I spelled it correctly, there is some info on this forum). But the point I am driving at is that I haven’t encountered any reports of androsterone being useful for significant body repartitioning or injury repair.

Suppressing estrogen, tweaking lipid profile, reducing inflammation, improving mental health, maybe even therapeutic with some cancers sure. Androsterone also has immunological effects which might or might not be helpful in your case. I think the question you really have to ask yourself is what do you want this substance to do?

Suppress auto immune attacks?
Rebuild muscle mass?
Reduce visceral body fat?
Restore sex drive?
Improve mental health?
Trigger body repartitioning?
Suppress estrogen?
Improve skin healing?

One of the things you have to appreciate is that many of the substances available as supplements or research chemicals are understudied because they were not patentable, didn’t seem worth pursuing or are too old, new or obscure. In the case of androgens they are often (though by no means always) less powerful substances that have escaped government regulation. So, the question that your question brings to mind is how heavy of a hammer are you wanting to hit this problem with? Do you want to well live with gradually improving health or do you want to rapidly suppress an auto immune attack and rebuild muscle? These are almost distinct approaches rather than simply two substance options.

Returning to the topic of androsterone. There is very little corporate or university grant money to had studying a weak androgen that only partially reduces estrogen. I don’t think there are many studies comparing androsterone and oxandrolone. This is in stark contrast to its profound importance of androsterone to the lifecycle of the human organism! I would strongly suspect that many people presenting with low testosterone symptoms also or actually are experiencing low androsterone/DHT.

Another thing that’s worth understanding is that there are different tribes of people who use the same or related substance’s differently. With oxandrolone you are touching on a substance that is used differently by different tribes.

American medical system current:
*muscle wasting (particularly HIV related, sometimes auto immune)
*severe burns (mostly inpatient)
*anemia

American medical system historical:
*all of the above +
*recovery from surgery
*recovery from broken bones

Body builders and athletes:
*lean dry muscle gains
*improved endurance/higher hematocrit
*visceral fat reduction when paired with chloric deficit (cutting cycles)

So, you should think about your goals for the substance and balance out risk and rewards. You should also think about how you will obtain the substance. And about costs and risks on that part of the equation. You say you have identified a compounding pharmacy that stocks oxandrolone, ok that’s good. Do you have a diagnosed indication that would allow a provider to write a script? Do you have a provider who has already discussed writing a script? Those two are going to be much harder than finding a compounding pharmacy that stocks it.

Otherwise, if this is something you really think will help, I might suggest risk acceptance and skills in encrypted email/crypto currency use. This is not the forum for that topic, but there are many such places. Also consider a vacation in Mexico where oxandrolone is available from behind the counter on a pharmacists script given on the spot. My point here is not to pry into the details of your treatment plan, it’s simply to point out that oxandrolone isn’t actually isn’t the easiest treatment to obtain in the U.S.

I think you will have the best luck getting low doses of oxandrolone added to TRT with a diagnosis of muscle wasting and I also think you would get the most benefit from adding cycles of oxandrolone to testosterone. Adding androsterone will help control conversion of the testosterone to estrogen. Oxandrolone is pure magic in the right circumstances, at reasonable doses and durations. Measurements of your baseline production can determine whether you need to consider permanent replacement or whether you can drop the testosterone. You really need to get blood work to know where you are at and what’s going on. But trust me when I say from experience that a man does not live on Anavar alone.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical provider, the above is shared in the spirit of harm reduction and should not be taken as a substitute for medical advise.

Last edited:

golder

For those of us already committed and on TRT so shutdown isn’t an issue…I wonder if 5-10mg anavar a day is relatively safe to run year round if you check for liver and kidney health 3-4 times a year?

AspiringSage

For those of us already committed and on TRT so shutdown isn’t an issue…I wonder if 5-10mg anavar a day is relatively safe to run year round if you check for liver and kidney health 3-4 times a year?
I would not take 17a-alkylated oral AAS (like anavar) long term even with liver enzyme monitoring. As a short term or cyclic treatment for an acute condition sure. You’d likely gradually transition from feeling great to feeling sick on an oral anabolic.

Look into using testosterone gel topically (increases DHT) oral primobolan (non 17a-alkylated) or an injectable product - preferably with limited BA/BB content. Masteron (drostanolone propionate) is often cited as a close injectable analogy to oral anavar (oxandrolone). Though some people feel injectable primobolan is safer.

I always tell people: Treat your liver and kidney’s like friends who you want to succeed and do well.

Last edited:
OP
metamorph

metamorph

I would not take 17a-alkylated oral AAS (like anavar) long term even with liver enzyme monitoring. As a short term or cyclic treatment for an acute condition sure. You’d likely gradually transition from feeling great to feeling sick on an oral anabolic.

Look into using testosterone gel topically (increases DHT) oral primobolan (non 17a-alkylated) or an injectable product - preferably with limited BA/BB content. Masteron (drostanolone propionate) is often cited as a close injectable analogy to oral anavar (oxandrolone). Though some people feel injectable primobolan is safer.

I always tell people: Treat your liver and kidney’s like friends who you want to succeed and do well.
It has been awhile since this post and I failed to reply and thank you for all the wisdom. My apologies and also thanks for this.

I ended up sourcing micronized test base to create a topical solution.

AspiringSage

It has been awhile since this post and I failed to reply and thank you for all the wisdom. My apologies and also thanks for this.

I ended up sourcing micronized test base to create a topical solution.

No worries, delayed replies are still replies and often help others! I always try to nudge people away from most oral anabolics because of the 17a-alkylation and the inherit liver toxicity. The risk of injectables and topicals seems much lower though obviously non zero.

OP
metamorph

metamorph

Androsterone seems to be less suppressive than other androgens. Conversely, I don’t think it will be similar in effect at all to oxandrolone in terms of muscle repair or body repartitioning. I am less certain on skin repair or inflamation issues. But to be blunt it’s a weak androgen and likely an even weaker anabolic. Long ago (before poisonous statins were invented) androsterone was used to the tune of several hundred mg a day to lower cholesterol. It’s actually really hard to find any info on this drug Andro-S (assuming I spelled it correctly, there is some info on this forum). But the point I am driving at is that I haven’t encountered any reports of androsterone being useful for significant body repartitioning or injury repair.

Suppressing estrogen, tweaking lipid profile, reducing inflammation, improving mental health, maybe even therapeutic with some cancers sure. Androsterone also has immunological effects which might or might not be helpful in your case. I think the question you really have to ask yourself is what do you want this substance to do?

Suppress auto immune attacks?
Rebuild muscle mass?
Restore sex drive?
Improve mental health?
Suppress estrogen?
Improve skin healing?

One of the things you have to appreciate is that many of the substances available as supplements or research chemicals are understudied because they were not patentable, didn’t seem worth pursuing or are too old, new or obscure. In the case of androgens they are often (though by no means always) less powerful substances that have escaped government regulation. So, the question that your question brings to mind is how heavy of a hammer are you wanting to hit this problem with? Do you want to well live with gradually improving health or do you want to rapidly suppress an auto immune attack and rebuild muscle? These are almost distinct approaches rather than simply two substance options.

Returning to the topic of androsterone. There is very little corporate or university grant money to had studying a weak androgen that only partially reduces estrogen. I don’t think there are many studies comparing androsterone and oxandrolone. This is in stark contrast to its profound importance of androsterone to the lifecycle of the human organism! I would strongly suspect that many people presenting with low testosterone symptoms also or actually are experiencing low androsterone/DHT.

Another thing that’s worth understanding is that there are different tribes of people who use the same or related substance’s differently. With oxandrolone you are touching on a substance that is used differently by different tribes.

American medical system current:
*muscle wasting (particularly HIV related, sometimes auto immune)
*severe burns (mostly inpatient)
*anemia

American medical system historical:
*all of the above +
*recovery from surgery
*recovery from broken bones

Body builders and athletes:
*lean dry muscle gains
*improved endurance/higher hematocrit
*visceral fat reduction when paired with chloric deficit (cutting cycles)

So, you should think about your goals for the substance and balance out risk and rewards. You should also think about how you will obtain the substance. And about costs and risks on that part of the equation. You say you have identified a compounding pharmacy that stocks oxandrolone, ok that’s good. Do you have a diagnosed indication that would allow a provider to write a script? Do you have a provider who has already discussed writing a script? Those two are going to be much harder than finding a compounding pharmacy that stocks it.

Otherwise, if this is something you really think will help, I might suggest risk acceptance and skills in encrypted email/crypto currency use. This is not the forum for that topic, but there are many such places. Also consider a vacation in Mexico where oxandrolone is available from behind the counter on a pharmacists script given on the spot. My point here is not to pry into the details of your treatment plan, it’s simply to point out that oxandrolone isn’t actually isn’t the easiest treatment to obtain in the U.S.

I think you will have the best luck getting low doses of oxandrolone added to TRT with a diagnosis of muscle wasting and I also think you would get the most benefit from adding cycles of oxandrolone to testosterone. Adding androsterone will help control conversion of the testosterone to estrogen. Oxandrolone is pure magic in the right circumstances, at reasonable doses and durations. Measurements of your baseline production can determine whether you need to consider permanent replacement or whether you can drop the testosterone. You really need to get blood work to know where you are at and what’s going on. But trust me when I say from experience that a man does not live on Anavar alone.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical provider, the above is shared in the spirit of harm reduction and should not be taken as a substitute for medical advise.
Really like this post. And, I'd like to do all of the things you've mentioned. I obtained micronized testosterone base & DHT to experiment with. Curios on androsterones immunological effects you mentioned. I was recently in Mexico and wish I got some oxandrolone.

"Suppress auto immune attacks?
Rebuild muscle mass?
Restore sex drive?
Improve mental health?
Suppress estrogen?
Improve skin healing?"

MikeyFitz

Hey! I have access to Oxandrolone from a compounding pharmacy and I wanted to give it a shot for a number of reasons (listed below) Does anyone have any advice or guidance?

In this thread Haidut discusses into the use of anabolics for autoimmune conditions: "It has been known for almost 100 years that anabolic steroids such as testosterone (as well as nandrolone, oxandrolone, trenbolone, methenolone, etc) are highly effective in stopping almost immediately an "autoimmune" flare and often curing the entire condition for good."

The article^ also mentions that testosterone is easily aromatized in those with chronic inflammation (me) so using that may not be as optimal.

I've been navigating an autoimmune condition for some time and using oxandrolone could be a novel experiment.

Oxandrolone: It can help patients regain weight after surgery, illness or trauma. It can help the body recover from side effects caused by long-term corticosteroid use. It can also treat bone pain caused by osteoporosis.

I've suffered from long-term corticosteroids usage so again I'm wondering if this could be helpful to recover. Oxandrolone also has application in skin-regeneration which is an issue for me with a skin-disease.

I have my nutrition and thyroid dialed in amongst other things.

I'd love to know the best way to move forward. Would you recommend pregnenolone and DHEA alongside oxandrolone? I'd like to avoid suppression.

Thanks!
There are no coincidences!

I just logged on to the forums to do some research on Anavar/Oxandrolone and I see your post at the top.

I have had about 5 years of experience using Oxandrolone and I love the results I've gotten.

At doses of 50 mg per day, I get very lean and vascular. The only thing I used along side it was Testosterone at 100 mg per week.

I injected the testosterone intramuscular every day using a 29 gauge insulin needle. This low dose mimics the body's own secretion of testosterone and limits greatly the conversion to estrogen.

One of the interesting traits of Oxandrolone is that it seems to attack visceral fat, but I am not certain about the mechanism of action there

However, I can say that I have experienced one side effect.....

It's minor and annoying.......I get a rash on my nose when I take this drug. I know, it sounds weird but I am 99% sure that it's the Oxandrolone that causes it.

When I stop taking it, the irritation goes away so maybe Anavar is not the best drug for skin issues?

I have heard bro talk that Anavar can help build collagen but I have never seen any research that proves this.

Straight DHT may be a better choice for auto-immune issues. There is lots of research to support it.

Check out this post on SelfDecode.com as well as the MANY posts in this forum by @haidut

"In animal models, DHT was useful in treating autoimmune conditions such as multiple sclerosis (MS), prostatitis, Graves and uveitis by balancing the immune system. Specifically, it can lower T helper cells (Th1) that are higher in autoimmune diseases [24, 25, 26, 27, 28]."

24 - Effect of sex hormones on experimental autoimmune uveoretinitis (EAU) - PubMed

25 - Dihydrotestosterone as a Protective Agent in Chronic Experimental Autoimmune Encephalomyelitis - PubMed

26 - Experimental autoimmune prostatitis: dihydrotestosterone influence over the immune response - PubMed

27 - Antiinflammatory effect of androgen receptor activation in human benign prostatic hyperplasia cells

28 - The Influence of Dihydrotestosterone on the Development of Graves' Disease in Female BALB/c Mice - PubMed

Best of luck to you!

MikeyFitz

OP
metamorph

metamorph

I just logged on to the forums to do some research on Anavar/Oxandrolone and I see your post at the top.

I have had about 5 years of experience using Oxandrolone and I love the results I've gotten.

At doses of 50 mg per day, I get very lean and vascular. The only thing I used along side it was Testosterone at 100 mg per week.

I injected the testosterone intramuscular every day using a 29 gauge insulin needle. This low dose mimics the body's own secretion of testosterone and limits greatly the conversion to estrogen.

One of the interesting traits of Oxandrolone is that it seems to attack visceral fat, but I am not certain about the mechanism of action there

It's minor and annoying.......I get a rash on my nose when I take this drug. I know, it sounds weird but I am 99% sure that it's the Oxandrolone that causes it.

When I stop taking it, the irritation goes away so maybe Anavar is not the best drug for skin issues?

I have heard bro talk that Anavar can help build collagen but I have never seen any research that proves this.

Straight DHT may be a better choice for auto-immune issues. There is lots of research to support it.

Check out this post on SelfDecode.com as well as the MANY posts in this forum by @haidut

"In animal models, DHT was useful in treating autoimmune conditions such as multiple sclerosis (MS), prostatitis, Graves and uveitis by balancing the immune system. Specifically, it can lower T helper cells (Th1) that are higher in autoimmune diseases [24, 25, 26, 27, 28]."

24 - Effect of sex hormones on experimental autoimmune uveoretinitis (EAU) - PubMed

25 - Dihydrotestosterone as a Protective Agent in Chronic Experimental Autoimmune Encephalomyelitis - PubMed

26 - Experimental autoimmune prostatitis: dihydrotestosterone influence over the immune response - PubMed

27 - Antiinflammatory effect of androgen receptor activation in human benign prostatic hyperplasia cells

28 - The Influence of Dihydrotestosterone on the Development of Graves' Disease in Female BALB/c Mice - PubMed

Best of luck to you!

MikeyFitz
Thanks for this comment. Experimenting with topical & oral testosterone in vitamin e. And, will be adding in DHT topically. Tried a little bit of it orally and it seems to be pretty potent.

It would be great to get some quality oxandrolone and experiment with that at some point.

I’ll look through the articles you sent.

AspiringSage

That’s a pretty hefty dose and long duration to run an oral 17a alkylated anabolic. Why not switch to an injectable if also using testosterone (presumably you are using an injectable at 100mg/week)? Did you do any cycling or experiments with the dose of anavar? How are your liver enzymes? How are your lipids and SHBG? Any side effects to note?

I don’t mean this post as a bash. The advice given by many people experienced with such things is to avoid long term/high dose use of most orals. I am simply risk adverse and encourage others to be cautious with their liver and kidneys - interested in your experiences.

MikeyFitz

That’s a pretty hefty dose and long duration to run an oral 17a alkylated anabolic. Why not switch to an injectable if also using testosterone (presumably you are using an injectable at 100mg/week)? Did you do any cycling or experiments with the dose of anavar? How are your liver enzymes? How are your lipids and SHBG? Any side effects to note?

I don’t mean this post as a bash. The advice given by many people experienced with such things is to avoid long term/high dose use of most orals. I am simply risk adverse and encourage others to be cautious with their liver and kidneys - interested in your experiences.
I didn't say I did a continuous 5 year cycle of Anavar.

Sorry if you got that impression.

I am 59 yrs old and I have had that much experience with the drug over the course of my adult life.

50 mg is not a high dose if you use it for 8-12 weeks with a specific purpose in mind and take the proper precautions.

At 59 I have a healthy liver, a score of zero on a Coronary Artery Calcium test, and run sprints with 20 yr olds a couple times a week.

These types of vompounds are tools to be used strategically to improve our lives. They should not be seen as magic pills that can fix the results of bad lifestyle choices.

I hope this clarifies my earlier post

golder

I didn't say I did a continuous 5 year cycle of Anavar.

Sorry if you got that impression.

I am 59 yrs old and I have had that much experience with the drug over the course of my adult life.

50 mg is not a high dose if you use it for 8-12 weeks with a specific purpose in mind and take the proper precautions.

At 59 I have a healthy liver, a score of zero on a Coronary Artery Calcium test, and run sprints with 20 yr olds a couple times a week.

These types of vompounds are tools to be used strategically to improve our lives. They should not be seen as magic pills that can fix the results of bad lifestyle choices.

I hope this clarifies my earlier post
Thanks for this Mikey. Out of curiosity, in your experience do you think 5-10mg per day could be run for a large part of the year without negatively affecting blood parameters?

Vinny

Best of luck to you!

MikeyFitz
Thanks for this!

MikeyFitz

Thanks for this Mikey. Out of curiosity, in your experience do you think 5-10mg per day could be run for a large part of the year without negatively affecting blood parameters?
I have only run cycles of higher doses for shorter periods, so I cannot tell you from personal experience what a low dose for longer cycles would do.

I do know a few males who have stayed on Anavar indefinitely (many months) without any outward signs of harm.

I do NOT recommend that females do this, however.

Although it is a mild drug, it can still cause women to experience negative side effects like clitoral enlargement, facial hair, deepening of the voice, etc.

The other problem with Anavar is that it's VERY expensive to manufacture so it's one of the most faked steroids if you buy it from an underground lab.

If you can get real Anavar/Oxandrolone on prescription from a pharmacy, I recommend that you get it.

Hope this helps!

MikeyFitz

golder

I have only run cycles of higher doses for shorter periods, so I cannot tell you from personal experience what a low dose for longer cycles would do.

I do know a few males who have stayed on Anavar indefinitely (many months) without any outward signs of harm.

I do NOT recommend that females do this, however.

Although it is a mild drug, it can still cause women to experience negative side effects like clitoral enlargement, facial hair, deepening of the voice, etc.

The other problem with Anavar is that it's VERY expensive to manufacture so it's one of the most faked steroids if you buy it from an underground lab.

If you can get real Anavar/Oxandrolone on prescription from a pharmacy, I recommend that you get it.

Hope this helps!

MikeyFitz
In your opinion what do you think a safe low-dose year round for Oxandrolone would be if you're already on TRT so no issues of shutdown. 5mg per day and monitor bloods every 3 months?

MikeyFitz

In your opinion what do you think a safe low-dose year round for Oxandrolone would be if you're already on TRT so no issues of shutdown. 5mg per day and monitor bloods every 3 months?
great question

I know a few guys who take Anavar year-round at 5-10 mgs

they are also on TRT

I would recommend low dose DHEA and Pregnenolone while on that protocol

Doses would be 4 mg DHEA 3 x day and 10 mg Pregnenolone 3 x day

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals