Oxalate And Autoimmune - Is It Legit?

aliciahere

Im constantly on the lookout for more info and research on how it pertains to celiac disease. This article is one of the best I've seen on the celiac.com site, but I'm not sure of the science behind it. If someone smarter than I could look at it, I would appreciate it.

Celiac and the Inflammasome: Reasons for the Relevance of Oxalate and other Triggers - Celiac.com

The author comes from a background of autism research, but then stumbled upon celiac. I find it very interesting how a lot of her recommendations sound so much like Peat, but from a different angle. And look at this from an older article of hers:

"My training in graduate school was all about looking into old literature to find pieces of research that had been lost, or were never incorporated into current models"

Richiebogie

Last edited:

Richiebogie

Dr Steve Gundry has healed the symptoms of hundreds of people with autoimmune diseases by restricting their diets of lectins.

While all foods have lectins, fruit has fewer than legumes.

However our bodies may fight some newer fruits like tomatoes, peppers and goji berries.

For autoimmune patients, Dr Gundry recommends no grains, seeds, nuts, beans, peas, nightshades or animal foods fed on these... Also no milk with the A1 protein.

Last edited:
OP
A

aliciahere

Thanx @Richiebogie , ill look into lectins too.

If other people could look into this too, I would really appreciate it. The conclusion she comes to sound so much like Peat, I thought I was reading an article posted here.

Edit: if this is in a bad category could admin move it?

Richiebogie

Raw vegans don't seem to have any troubles with raw spinach. I wonder if it is because they are not eating other foods that perforate their gut walls... Maybe their dietary oxalate passes out in the stool...

Perhaps gluten and other foods wreck the gut then oxalate enters the bloodstream and becomes a problem... Maybe then you will start to see crystals in urine and kidney stones and autistic behaviours (in susceptible people).

Have you noticed reduced symptoms changing your diet, @aliciahere ?

Xisca

I think some raw vegans do have problems with oxalate, but it takes time, because no problem as long as the body stores it! But it also depends, genetics and methylation and state of the guts, tight junctions...
Raw vegans who eat no soy and grains will for sure have less problems.
Oxalate can be high on paleo diet too...

And yes Suzan Owens says that gluten, casein and oxalate are often 3 culprits at the same time.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals