Ox Bile As A Gut Desinfectant?

Vincent123

@TheBeard @gately Great news, taking it on am empty stomach now when I wake up, zero acid reflux. Bowel movement starts 1-2 hrs later. I'm really hoping it reinvigorates my hunger sensation.

I had acid reflux from ox bile also.

I have had it from artichoke leaf extract a little, but it went away and it seems easier.

I like artichoke leaf extract because it increases your own bile. I think consuming ox bile can down regulate your body's production of its own bile which is a bad thing.

Tarmander

I wanted to add in something here.

I took TUDCA for awhile. I got a bit of estrogenic symptoms from it...similar to Taurine but way less.

Recently, as in a month ago, I started taking Cholestyramine which absorbs bile. I have had a real androgenic response to it. More confidence, deeper voice, more hair shedding.

All that is to say, if adding more bile isn't working, binding the bile you already have may be another way to go

I took TUDCA for awhile. I got a bit of estrogenic symptoms from it...similar to Taurine but way less.

Recently, as in a month ago, I started taking Cholestyramine which absorbs bile. I have had a real androgenic response to it. More confidence, deeper voice, more hair shedding.

All that is to say, if adding more bile isn't working, binding the bile you already have may be another way to go

that's always been my impression of Dr. Peat's idea of carrot/bamboo/mushrooms -- adsorbing some bile.

Have you ever tried milkthistle, or silymarin? My impression is that it causes less bile uptake somehow, resulting in more excretion of bile.

It would also loosen stool. I am going to start taking it and see what happens.

Korven

I am also interested in eating whole grains for this purpose + I seem to crave whole grains such as oatmeal.

"The relative in vitro bile acid binding of the cereal brans on an equal TDF basis considering cholestyramine as 100% bound was rice bran 51%, wheat bran 31%, oat bran 26%, and corn bran 5%." Error - Cookies Turned Off

Perhaps this is an important component of the low VA diet which often includes brown rice and/or other whole grains. According to this study rice bran is the best whole grain fiber for binding bile. I don't like the idea of having old bile re-circulating with toxins that should be excreted.

Tarmander

I am also interested in eating whole grains for this purpose + I seem to crave whole grains such as oatmeal.

"The relative in vitro bile acid binding of the cereal brans on an equal TDF basis considering cholestyramine as 100% bound was rice bran 51%, wheat bran 31%, oat bran 26%, and corn bran 5%." Error - Cookies Turned Off

Perhaps this is an important component of the low VA diet which often includes brown rice and/or other whole grains. According to this study rice bran is the best whole grain fiber for binding bile. I don't like the idea of having old bile re-circulating with toxins that should be excreted.

That is interesting. I think bean's ability to bind bile might be its sole reason for extending longevity despite it looking terrible on paper. Maybe grains have the same benefits

that's always been my impression of Dr. Peat's idea of carrot/bamboo/mushrooms -- adsorbing some bile.

Have you ever tried milkthistle, or silymarin? My impression is that it causes less bile uptake somehow, resulting in more excretion of bile.

It would also loosen stool. I am going to start taking it and see what happens.

Milk thistle seems to mess me up, make me angry, and cause problems. Not sure why.

I had acid reflux from ox bile also.

I have had it from artichoke leaf extract a little, but it went away and it seems easier.

I like artichoke leaf extract because it increases your own bile. I think consuming ox bile can down regulate your body's production of its own bile which is a bad thing.

Wouldn't Milk Thistle be bad for Men?

It is an Androgen antagonist, thoughts???:eek:

Korven

Update:

Taking 200-400 mg TUDCA per day and wormwood tea has massively improved digestion and reduced poisoning/endotoxemia (possibly viral infection?) sensations. It's really weird, I crave the taste of wormwood now.

Also tried high dose vitamin C, up to 30-50 grams per day, which I think helped some but not as effective as this combo.

I currently eat 400 grams of carbohydrate from starch per day with no discernable SIBO symptoms. Another factor could be compounding results from low VA diet and magical bean fiber.

OP
T

TheBeard

Update:

Taking 200-400 mg TUDCA per day and wormwood tea has massively improved digestion and reduced poisoning/endotoxemia (possibly viral infection?) sensations. It's really weird, I crave the taste of wormwood now.

Also tried high dose vitamin C, up to 30-50 grams per day, which I think helped some but not as effective as this combo.

I currently eat 400 grams of carbohydrate from starch per day with no discernable SIBO symptoms. Another factor could be compounding results from low VA diet and magical bean fiber.

Have you tried the TUDCA and wormwood separately to know which does what?

Korven

Have you tried the TUDCA and wormwood separately to know which does what?

I would guess that TUDCA is doing most of the work to clean out my liver. I began by taking it separately on a few occasions and felt like my gallbladder came back online since the first time in years. Had intense spasms in right upper cuadrant and felt some stuff being dislodged/move around. Had to stop though as I got very nauseous, not sure why.

Couple of days ago I brought in TUDCA again and the wormwood tea (actually I drink the leaves and all of it so it can go through the entire intestine). Don't get the nauseous feeling any more from TUDCA and a very nice effect is that I wake up in the morning feeling pretty decent,, whereas before I would always wake up feeling hungover/poisoned. I can feel gallbladder contracting again after meals, which it hasn't done for a long time.

Ox bile helped a bit with digestion but this seems to be 10x as effective, and more permanent.

OP
T

TheBeard

I would guess that TUDCA is doing most of the work to clean out my liver. I began by taking it separately on a few occasions and felt like my gallbladder came back online since the first time in years. Had intense spasms in right upper cuadrant and felt some stuff being dislodged/move around. Had to stop though as I got very nauseous, not sure why.

Couple of days ago I brought in TUDCA again and the wormwood tea (actually I drink the leaves and all of it so it can go through the entire intestine). Don't get the nauseous feeling any more from TUDCA and a very nice effect is that I wake up in the morning feeling pretty decent,, whereas before I would always wake up feeling hungover/poisoned. I can feel gallbladder contracting again after meals, which it hasn't done for a long time.

Ox bile helped a bit with digestion but this seems to be 10x as effective, and more permanent.

Thanks, I just finished putting my raw TUDCA powder in pills and will start taking it between meals.
500mg 2x/day is a good dose?

Korven

Thanks, I just finished putting my raw TUDCA powder in pills and will start taking it between meals.
500mg 2x/day is a good dose?

Sounds good, maybe start low and then titrate up.

Taking 500, 1000 or 1500 mg yielded similar results over a period of 6 months (Tauroursodeoxycholic acid for treatment of primary biliary cirrhosis. A dose-response study - PubMed), but even tiny amounts 10-13 mg per day can lower liver enzymes (Does tauroursodeoxycholic acid (TUDCA) treatment increase hepatocyte proliferation in patients with chronic liver disease? - PubMed.

OP
T

TheBeard

Sounds good, maybe start low and then titrate up.

Taking 500, 1000 or 1500 mg yielded similar results over a period of 6 months (Tauroursodeoxycholic acid for treatment of primary biliary cirrhosis. A dose-response study - PubMed), but even tiny amounts 10-13 mg per day can lower liver enzymes (Does tauroursodeoxycholic acid (TUDCA) treatment increase hepatocyte proliferation in patients with chronic liver disease? - PubMed.

Yup, I read the Examine page saying minimum effective dose is pretty low, but my end purpose is to dislodge whatever stones or sludge is blocking my bile ducts, so I don't want to underdo it.

Korven

Yup, I read the Examine page saying minimum effective dose is pretty low, but my end purpose is to dislodge whatever stones or sludge is blocking my bile ducts, so I don't want to underdo it.

Yeah probably a good idea. The more I research, the more I make the connection between MANY chronic disease states being downstream from cholestasis and gallbladder/liver issues.

In my experience another important piece of the puzzle is to bind up old bile and transport it out - forcing hepatocytes to make new fresh bile. Not vegan style 100+ grams of fiber that ruins your gut, but still a good amount spread out throughout the day to prevent recirculation of toxins/metabolic garbage. For some reason bean fiber does a particularly good job of cleaning out the system.

Let us know how the experiment goes!

golder

Could you let us know which Wormwood tea you purchased? It looks like all the different brands aren't created equally. Much appreciated!

Korven

Could you let us know which Wormwood tea you purchased? It looks like all the different brands aren't created equally. Much appreciated!

I purchased it off of amazon.de, just search for wermutkraut.

However I think the one with the most artemisinin (used for treating malaria, anti-cancer effects) is called sweet wormwood (Artemisia annua).

cjm

I love kefir. I drink it often. I don't think it does much for my gut biome that doesn't immediately stop the minute I go off of it. There's also some research to suggest that probiotics after antibiotics can actually disrupt the natural balance of your gut flora.

Me too! Can you point me in the direction of the research you mention? I'm interested in starting up kefir again after a short course of antibiotics.

Jarrow Bile Acids seems a reasonable product and good value, what do y'all think?????????

Product Details
Size: 120 Capsules

SKU: 790011240020

Product Code: BILE-1

Categories:
Active Items, Digestive & GI Health, On Sale, Specialty Products

Suggested Usage
Take 1 to 4 capsules with a fat-containing meal or as directed by your qualified healthcare professional.

NOTE: If you have a medical condition, are pregnant, lactating, trying to conceive, under the age of 18, or taking medications, consult your healthcare professional before using this product.

Keep out of reach of children.

supp_facts_BILE_lrg_600x.jpg

Other Ingredients
Microcrystalline cellulose, natural vanilla flavor, magnesium stearate (vegetable source) and silicon dioxide. Capsule consists of bovine gelatin (BSE-free).

No wheat, gluten, soybeans, dairy, egg, fish/shellfish, or peanuts/tree nuts.

Store in a cool, dry place.

@Steve123 @gately
I take this. It works great.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals