Ox Bile As A Gut Desinfectant?

OP
T

TheBeard

If I take a strong tumeric supplement like that one called Terry naturally. My bile does not stop flowing. I made the mistake of taking it for a week before realizing it was causing bile diarrhea and wow. Bile acid diarrhea for weeks. It may clean you out but the butt burn is bad. Quercetin has done the same thing when taken in multiple doses through out the day. I was having gallbladder pains but I thought I had hurt my ribs from coughing, the gallbladder pain lasted months and that's when I took tumeric for a unrelated reason and bam! After the diarrhea ended my constant rib pain from my gallbladder was gone for months. Now I take a daily supp that hasn't caused diarrhea to keep gallbladder attacks away.

Was it Terry naturally Curamin?

How did you identify it was "bile" diarrhea? The color?

Peater Piper

Yes, until the exogenous bile dissolves enough of the endogenous sludgy bile clogging the liver, I wouldn't expect to be able to quit the supplement as my own bile isn't flowing properly yet. That's why I stocked up on like 10 bottles + raw TUDCA.
I may have not been using a high enough dose.

Psoriasis Cure Is Bile Flow, Bile Acids Eliminate Endotoxins | PsoriasisDietPlan.com

So from the above study it says;

Personally I would recommend to take 3 times a day one 500 mg capsule of bile acids for 3 months. Most people should see the effects in about 2 weeks taking even just one 500 mg capsule per day.

So after 3 months you can discontinue use of supplement/s :D
With meals I was using 250 mg, which brought me to 750 mg a day. Didn't notice much of anything. 250 mg at the end of the day on an empty stomach seemed to work best. Might try again with meals using 500 mg.

When I take this on an empty stomach and I feel like I have way too much bile and I have a really bad stomachache.

OP
T

TheBeard

@TheBeard Do you know how this differs from Betain HCL? Do you take Betain HCL as well for low stomach acid?

HCL is what your stomach produces as the first step of digestion, it's very acidic.
Bile is released by the GB and liver into the small intestine for the second digestion step, it's very alkaline.

Korven

Been splitting the 500 mg pills into quarters and taking with meals, I feel like it has been helping with fat digestion (along with betaine HCL and pancreatin).

Will gradually up the dose and take on an empty stomach so I can get more of an antibiotic effect.

@TheBeard Are you still drinking raw milk/raw milk kefir while taking ox bile? I am thinking of adding in raw milk kefir because my microbiome is likely decimated from many courses of tetracyclines.

snacks

Rostov-on-Don, Russia/Southern United States
Been splitting the 500 mg pills into quarters and taking with meals, I feel like it has been helping with fat digestion (along with betaine HCL and pancreatin).

Will gradually up the dose and take on an empty stomach so I can get more of an antibiotic effect.

@TheBeard Are you still drinking raw milk/raw milk kefir while taking ox bile? I am thinking of adding in raw milk kefir because my microbiome is likely decimated from many courses of tetracyclines.

I love kefir. I drink it often. I don't think it does much for my gut biome that doesn't immediately stop the minute I go off of it. There's also some research to suggest that probiotics after antibiotics can actually disrupt the natural balance of your gut flora.

OP
T

TheBeard

It's really hard for me to keep drinking raw milk as I need to ensure I don't have starch/fiber 24h before and 24h after, otherwise it makes my SIBO worse.

What I usually do is 3 days straight of raw milk only every two weeks or so.

Vincent123

@TheBeard @gately I've been using the vital nutrients ox bile and pancreatin for 3 days now, each dose contains 200 mg bile as well as pancreatin. I have been taking one dose a day, after I drink a large whole milk and ice cream shake following a meal. The first dose, I had zero issues. This second and third dose, I have had what seems like acid reflux, although I have never had any issues like this before. Any ideas as to why the bile is causing the reflux like burning/symptoms ?

gately

@TheBeard @gately I've been using the vital nutrients ox bile and pancreatin for 3 days now, each dose contains 200 mg bile as well as pancreatin. I have been taking one dose a day, after I drink a large whole milk and ice cream shake following a meal. The first dose, I had zero issues. This second and third dose, I have had what seems like acid reflux, although I have never had any issues like this before. Any ideas as to why the bile is causing the reflux like burning/symptoms ?
I don’t, I’m sorry. That would appear to be a pretty rare reaction, since at that dosage almost everyone tolerates it pretty well from what I’ve read/heard. I’d be curious if it’s the ox bile or the Pancreatin, though. (Though it’s probably the ox bile.)

Would you be willing to try it with a different, less milkshakey meal and report back?

Vincent123

I don’t, I’m sorry. That would appear to be a pretty rare reaction, since at that dosage almost everyone tolerates it pretty well from what I’ve read/heard. I’d be curious if it’s the ox bile or the Pancreatin, though. (Though it’s probably the ox bile.)

Would you be willing to try it with a different, less milkshakey meal and report back?

I'll definitely do that. Oddly enough I don't believe I had a shake the first time I took the supp. So mayyybe it's correlated? I'll report back. I just thought it convenient to take right after as I am drinking a couple a day and the high fat content made it suitable to pair up in my mind.

gately

I'll definitely do that. Oddly enough I don't believe I had a shake the first time I took the supp. So mayyybe it's correlated? I'll report back. I just thought it convenient to take right after as I am drinking a couple a day and the high fat content made it suitable to pair up in my mind.
It might be worth it to pick up some cheap standard Pancreatin at a healthstore and seeing if that causes the same reaction, that way you can isolate what’s causing it. Though I’m guessing it’s the ox bile.

Of course, I think it’s possible it’s some kind of die-off, but I’d be hesitant to bank on that hypothesis if the reaction continues past a couple weeks.

Let us know what you uncover. I’ll be interested as I suggest that particular supplement to a lot of people and you’re the first I’ve heard having a negative reaction.

OP
T

TheBeard

Bile is extremely alakaline.
What you need for the "first pass" digestion is extreme acidity. Alkalinity and the bile come in a second time.
So it's only normal that if you take bile while eating / drinking something that requires digestion you get acid reflux, as your stomach acid is being buffered way too much and can't do its job.

That's why I take Ox Bile either on an empty stomach or far away from meals at least.

Vincent123

Bile is extremely alakaline.
What you need for the "first pass" digestion is extreme acidity. Alkalinity and the bile come in a second time.
So it's only normal that if you take bile while eating / drinking something that requires digestion you get acid reflux, as your stomach acid is being buffered way too much and can't do its job.

That's why I take Ox Bile either on an empty stomach or far away from meals at least.

Thank you! I will take it away from meals and report back. I read in a couple places it was best to take 30-60 minutes after a meal to simulate the natural bile cycle, do you think this is incorrect then?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals