Ox Bile As A Gut Desinfectant?

T

TheBeard

In the pursuit of cleaning my gut and having the best digestion possible, I'm looking for antibiotic substances.

I read quite a bit on Ox bile, and it looks like some people are using it with success on an empty stomach for its antibiotic properties to treat SIBO.

After all, bile is the natural small intestine desinfectant that keeps it sterile.

I have used it for a week now, twice a day at 1000mg on an empty stomach, and I have to say that my SIBO symptoms are somewhat alleviated, almost on par when I'm on antibiotics.

I have ordered TUDCA which is also a bile acid, I will add it to the protocole.

Anyone has experience with Ox bile / TUDCA for treating digestive disorders?

ljihkugft7

In the pursuit of cleaning my gut and having the best digestion possible, I'm looking for antibiotic substances.

I read quite a bit on Ox bile, and it looks like some people are using it with success on an empty stomach for its antibiotic properties to treat SIBO.

After all, bile is the natural small intestine desinfectant that keeps it sterile.

I have used it for a week now, twice a day at 1000mg on an empty stomach, and I have to say that my SIBO symptoms are somewhat alleviated, almost on par when I'm on antibiotics.

Very interesting:) keep us updated.

where do you purchase it?

I know it's in Solgar's Digestive enzymes (130mg) along with 65mg Betaine and 130mg pancreatin and can be taken before every meal

opson123

I still find it weird TheBeard is asking others to share their experience or knowledge while often refusing to do so himself. "There's a search function buddy", "Go to google and type with your little fingers". I know you've shared your experiences many times here as you told me last time, which is great, shows that sometimes you can be respectful towards others, but often you're rude, aggressive and look down on them asking questions just like you're now.

On topic. Ox Bile did nothing for my gut issues. Most supplements I try do nothing.

Last edited:
OP
T

TheBeard

I know it's in Solgar's Digestive enzymes (130mg) along with 65mg Betaine and 130mg pancreatin and can be taken before every meal

Yes, the issue with these is that the ox bile quantity is often too low and you never know which substance is responsible for what in the mix.
That's why I like the higher dosages of just bile

Connor888

i'm gonna try vital nutrients pancreatin & oxbile to see if it helps my digestion. i know when i took digestive enzymes before without the ox bile my stomach felt great because i dont digest fat well atm so it will be interesting to see how i do with the ox bile added too . what brand are u trying?

gately

I have taken Vital Nutrients Ox Bile and Pancreatin on and off for years. So odd as I just recommended this to someone privately here yesterday.

It’s been one of the most reliable tools in my arsenal for dealing with my Crohn’s disease and endotoxin issues.

It’s also very helpful for dealing with skin issues. I’ve seen it clear psoriasis and fungal skin stuff for many people. I believe, in general, it helps the body detox.

Anyway, not surprising it helps you Beard, as you and I are usually helped by the same stuff.

OP
T

TheBeard

i'm gonna try vital nutrients pancreatin & oxbile to see if it helps my digestion. i know when i took digestive enzymes before without the ox bile my stomach felt great because i dont digest fat well atm so it will be interesting to see how i do with the ox bile added too . what brand are u trying?

I'm using the Nutricology 500mg version

OP
T

TheBeard

I have taken Vital Nutrients Ox Bile and Pancreatin on and off for years. So odd as I just recommended this to someone privately here yesterday.

It’s been one of the most reliable tools in my arsenal for dealing with my Crohn’s disease and endotoxin issues.

It’s also very helpful for dealing with skin issues. I’ve seen it clear psoriasis and fungal skin stuff for many people. I believe, in general, it helps the body detox.

Anyway, not surprising it helps you Beard, as you and I are usually helped by the same stuff.

I have to say I'm amazed at how my endotoxin/SIBO symptoms are reduced since I've started.
The best part is my hunger has come back with a vengeance. I had forgotten what it felt like to be hungry.

What other things that helped you do we share in common?

Connor888

I have to say I'm amazed at how my endotoxin/SIBO symptoms are reduced since I've started.
The best part is my hunger has come back with a vengeance. I had forgotten what it felt like to be hungry.

What other things that helped you do we share in common?

Apple cider vinegar is good as well by the way... Gas, bloating & heartburn almost gone after a few days.

Korven

I'll be buying the Nutricology 500mg version and try it out later.

There's a 1000 year old medieval antibacterial treatment called Bald's eyesalve which consists of onion, garlic, wine and bile salts. In a study this mixture showed potent broad-spectrum, anti-biofilm properties apparently due some synergistic effect between the ingredients:

"Here, we have shown for the first time that Bald’s eyesalve has anti-biofilm activity against several clinically relevant bacteria, and we confirm our earlier work which concluded that this activity is dependent on combining all the ingredients." Anti-biofilm efficacy of a medieval treatment for bacterial infection requires the combination of multiple ingredients | Scientific Reports

@Steve123
Steve I think that pancreatin & oxbile may benefit your gut issue/s, what do you think??

faisman

From my personal experience, it really does help a lot with digestive issues especially if you struggle with fats. But I would be careful with such dosages as I found it can suddenly start to cause diarrhea.

I read that the body recycles something like 95% of bile acids which would indicate that supplementing it will have some kind of cumulative effect over time.

OP
T

TheBeard

I'll be buying the Nutricology 500mg version and try it out later.

There's a 1000 year old medieval antibacterial treatment called Bald's eyesalve which consists of onion, garlic, wine and bile salts. In a study this mixture showed potent broad-spectrum, anti-biofilm properties apparently due some synergistic effect between the ingredients:

"Here, we have shown for the first time that Bald’s eyesalve has anti-biofilm activity against several clinically relevant bacteria, and we confirm our earlier work which concluded that this activity is dependent on combining all the ingredients." Anti-biofilm efficacy of a medieval treatment for bacterial infection requires the combination of multiple ingredients | Scientific Reports

Good find!

OP
T

TheBeard

From my personal experience, it really does help a lot with digestive issues especially if you struggle with fats. But I would be careful with such dosages as I found it can suddenly start to cause diarrhea.

I read that the body recycles something like 95% of bile acids which would indicate that supplementing it will have some kind of cumulative effect over time.

It does cause diarrhea at the dosage I'm taking, but I don't mind it at all.
In fact I would be taking a laxative anyways to flush the dead bacteria that bile has killed, so it's killing two birds with one stone.

gately

It does cause diarrhea at the dosage I'm taking, but I don't mind it at all.
In fact I would be taking a laxative anyways to flush the dead bacteria that bile has killed, so it's killing two birds with one stone.

I used it with every meal last year. One or two caps of the Vital Nutrients brand. It gave me extremely reliable and (but controllable) diarrhea every morning, directly after my breakfast. No other bowel movements. I am convinced the diarrhea was beneficial. I can't 100% contribute the quality of my health and life at the time to the ox bile, as I was doing a lot, but it was one of the best years of my life and I made great progress on all my health issues.

A major setback had me quitting the ox bile, but I am eager to retest it soon after reading @faisman say the effects are cumulative. That could explain a few observations I had made about my experience with it, but I'll need to test it. It may be that after a certain point, for some people, Ox Bile does more harm than good, and needs to be pulsed. It is an extremely bitter substance after all.

And Beard, I had PM'd you a few weeks ago and we briefly discussed our similar reactions, such as our mutual beneficial response to Augmentin.

(PS - My Rifaximin experiment was useless, just like you.)

faisman

I used it with every meal last year. One or two caps of the Vital Nutrients brand. It gave me extremely reliable and (but controllable) diarrhea every morning, directly after my breakfast. No other bowel movements. I am convinced the diarrhea was beneficial. I can't 100% contribute the quality of my health and life at the time to the ox bile, as I was doing a lot, but it was one of the best years of my life and I made great progress on all my health issues.

A major setback had me quitting the ox bile, but I am eager to retest it soon after reading @faisman say the effects are cumulative. That could explain a few observations I had made about my experience with it, but I'll need to test it. It may be that after a certain point, for some people, Ox Bile does more harm than good, and needs to be pulsed. It is an extremely bitter substance after all.

And Beard, I had PM'd you a few weeks ago and we briefly discussed our similar reactions, such as our mutual beneficial response to Augmentin.

(PS - My Rifaximin experiment was useless, just like you.)

The Vital Nutrients brand has 200mg of ox bile per dose so I could see that starting to cause diarrhea. Maybe try the Nutricology brand with 125mg per capsule. I use it with my highest fat meal (usually around 20g of fat) and take it 45 mins to an hour after the meal to simulate the natural process of bile release. I usually take just 1 per day but sometimes 2 on days where fat is a bit higher, doesn't seem to cause issues this way and bowel movements are consistent. I think the higher dosages are targeted more at people who have had their gallbladders removed and need a constant high supply of bile.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals