Overwhelming Emotional Pain

Xisca

Sun stays behind clouds!
I got ill like this from physical suffering, well, same result, digestion got blocked. I could not swallow more than 1 spoonful of even rice.
I went out of it at my 1st session of craniosacral! I arrived there with help to sustain me walk... I had lost weight and I wanted to come back to life.
I went back home with a huuuuge urge to eat!
Clearly, pain blocks digestion, any sort of pain. It has to do with the vagus nerve.

What can help to unblock is to see friends who make you laugh, or to see comic films. The mere movement shakes you and helps, and helps you see things as stupid and worthless except life in itself, whatever happens. I also laugh at myself until I cry and laugh at the stupidity of any situation. When I do this to others, they hate me for sure... The more stupid are the things we laugh at, the more we see just life and no complications. Also we become less mental just at this moment of laughing.

Last edited:

Xisca

Food, what worked for me:

I ate what needs no digestion, or else I would have nausea and diarea. No apetite means no capacity for digestion, and no assimilation.
Not many different things but I found this:
- honey. a spoonful at the time. I noticed raw honey works better. It assimilate better than sugar and gives more elements.
- egg yolk is another food that assimilate with almost no digestion. I would just eat a raw one. I 1st discarted the white, and then when possible I ate them with white cooked and yolk still liquid. You can have as many as you want.

- broth. I could not eat the meat but drink the soup, with bones and veggies: I would just drink and put more water and cook once more until there was almost nothing to get from the food.

VERY important too: drink water. I would warm up the water to feel better drinking it. Better for metabolism.
Take also your morning and day temperature, to know if you are low or not, as it has an influence on mood. Keep warm because you cannot loose calories for this purpose.

Cuídate, take care, un abrazo, a big hug for you.

Last edited:

HLP

I hope you get the support and knowledge you need to heal here. Maybe try to dates. They are a nutrient dense foods. Drink fluids with calories or eat watermelon, but not plain water, as it will just wash your energy away.

Regina

I am really sorry you go through a similar pain.
I feel like dying emotionally from inside, it's a very hard and painful experience.

I try to drink calories it is easier.

Hope we will get better!
Yea, I think heightened cortisol adds more insult to the awful injury that heartbreak brings.
So, milkshakes are great.
And I think go ahead and lean into the pain. It does suck. Lean into that. And like seraphim says, all your love can go toward nurturing your self now.
Also when I get heart break, I breathe "into" my heart in such a way that I can imagine anything gripping it softening. Go around your heart and repair each spot that feels gripped. Keep up this breathing until the heart feels like a gigantic empty circle with no gripping on any of the sides.

Xisca

but not plain water, as it will just wash your energy away
I do not agree with this. I agree to not drink a lot at a time, but little and regularly, and with salt.
Also salt if using juice.
It all depend what the stomach agrees with, no other rule.
I just swallow a pinch of salt with some liquid, after just having in few seconds in my mouth for melting, so there is almost no taste. I do not put the salt in the liquid like water or juice, in a soup yes, to taste.

Hydration is a big key to everything.

Last edited:

HLP

Your right about hydration with salt added to the water. Fruit is also another good way to hydrate since most of it is at least 70% water. Ray mentions that hypothyroid people have trouble holding both sodium and sugar. Hence the need to eat more often and hydrate with small amounts of fluid at a time. Yes, it is an individual thing depending on how your body reacts. If your peeing more often that every three hours then it is a problem.

stressucks

Consider going to talk to a counselor, it can help. It doesn't mean there's anything wrong with you.

tara

Hi Note,
Sorry you're hurting.

Consider salty soups with as much other nourishment in them as you can manage, as well as juice and milkshakes or smoothies, and anything else you can eat to keep your strength up.
If you can, get out in the sunshine, and most importantly, spend time hanging out with friendly people, preferably doing things that are interesting enough to keep your mind in the present and more promising possibilities for the future and off the pain for at least some good chunks in your days.
And if you have any good shoulders to cry on, there's really nothing like some serious tears to let the grief drain out.

Please find local support face to face in addition to this online forum - from your own network or whatever is around in your area - anorexia support? women's support network? maybe ring lifeline or similar to find out what is available? It sounds as though it's quite critical for you to get some support soon - as you say, with no reserves, you need to be eating.

Take care.

OP
N

Note

Thanks a lot for all your advices and support I read them all, I am glad I decided to post here, didn't expect so much support.

As we can see suffering from emotional pain is very hard and probably everybody can relate to it at one point in their life, either from heatbreak, death of our love ones etc.

Life is not easy.

Regina

Thanks a lot for all your advices and support I read them all, I am glad I decided to post here, didn't expect so much support.

As we can see suffering from emotional pain is very hard and probably everybody can relate to it at one point in their life, either from heatbreak, death of our love ones etc.

Life is not easy.
:grouphug2

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals