Overthinking And Difficulties In Focusing On The Present Moment

faxmulder

Hi foks,

M34 here.

I’m having these issues: worrying, over-thinking and over-analyzing everything. This attitude is causing me mental fatigue and difficulties on focusing, taking decisions and actually doing stuff in the present moment.

I was thinking that these issues could be related to hypothyroid/low T (besides brain fog and overthinking I have also cold hands, dry skin, not so great libido) so I took bloodworks for checking hormones. However they only highlighted low vitamin D and LH.

Which are in your opinion the best supplements for helping with this condition? I was thinking mainly about:

• adaptogens, such as ashwagandha, ginseng, rhodiola
  • mushrooms, such as cordyceps, maitake, chaga. From what I’ve read here also white jelly could help with focus and mood
  • other supplements not in the categories above: polygala, shilajit, agmatine, NAC, alpha GPC, black seed oil

Thanks for your help as always!

lampofred

Vitamin D is very relevant to this. Vitamin D (along with vitamin K, to properly use vitamin D and calcium), keeping calcium higher than phosphate, eating sugar instead of starch, avoiding PUFA and keeping fat low, keeping salt intake high relative to fluid intake, should all help. Pregnenolone, aspirin, and gelatin might also help by lowering cortisol and raising testosterone.

inthedark

Anti serotonin-pro dopamine substances like metergoline and lisuride have helped me with these issues, as well as inositol and progesterone. Inositol is readily available, cheap, and effective and is probably worth trying for those reasons. Somatic experiencing therapy has also been very helpful for me.

LUH 3417

Movement that is enjoyable. When my body is frozen my mind runs wild. Also maybe a better environment. I personally feel so much peace when I’m at the beach.

inthedark

Also microdosing psilocybin mushrooms. There are tons of things that can help what you describe, I think it’s a matter of trying to see which work for you and which are available to you.

Back
Top Bottom