Overheard In Whole Foods

mt_dreams

If you're eating the right foods, you're body will have specific instructions to not put on excess weight, even if you spend most of the day sitting. As long as you are getting up every so often to move ur lymph, keeping good posture, and sweating every so often, sitting for most of the day shouldn't impact weight gain in healthy people. Obviously if you're body is running codes which lead to storing fat, you will need more movement to counter these codes.

tara

Gosh, really? How did you make milk work? My body just hates it, and I don't think that'll ever change. Interestingly I come from a Trinidadian heritage as well as English (half and half, though I'm freakishly pale...) and dairy intolerance is very, very common in carribean populations. Just an idea I had about why my body hates it, could be nonsense
I reckon genetic intolerance could be possible.
But also, low metabolism can have trouble producing adequate amounts of all the digestive enzymes, so that can make it harder to digest and use some foods, leaving more of it to cause trouble.
I haven't got to where I can reliably eat much milk, but since I seemed to thrive on it as a kid, I'm still hoping one day ...

If we are lucky, raising general metabolism may resolve the issue. Plus a slow introduction.

whit

That said, the first one I'd be wondering about checking out might be the most obvious one.
It looks as though higher calorie intake correlates somewhat with longer life-expectancy. Except that more equal societies also have higher life-expectancy, even on lower average calories. (I'm sure there are exceptions.)
Could it be that countries where most of the people get enough to eat most of the time do better than those who don't?

[edit to add:]Seems like one of those things that has been well known for thousands of years, that some people have forgotten about in the last few decades.
Adult populations generally have been eating a mixture of raw milk and fermented dairy products throughout history. Not tolerating pasteurized, homogenized ( homogenization breaks up the milk lipids and casein ), unfermented dairy makes a lot of sense especially if you have allowed bad bacteria to overgrow. Lactose intolerance has a big genetic factor but the type of dairy we eat is just as much to blame.

The Effect of Probiotics on Lactose Intolerance - Full Text View - ClinicalTrials.gov
We're all walking experiments.
Coconut kefir helped me with milk intolerance.

lvysaur

I went to grab lunch in whole foods, and there's this woman just ranting at all her friends

What were you eating? I don't remember there being a lot of peat-style prepared foods at WF.

I think a lot of people who overcome lactose intolerance do so by either eliminating bacterial overgrowth, increasing digestion time, or a combination of the two. The phenomenon of pregnant women becoming lactose tolerant is due to progesterone increasing the time duration of digestion, as well as an increase in the amount of lactase.

Last edited:

whit

I think the milk tollerance is linked to who gets to it first, us or the bugs. Alot of people who can't handle milk also have acne issues. Usually skin issues are directly gut related.

Last edited:

lvysaur

Acne is also directly caused by feedlot milk. It reliably produced acne for me, and faster in proportion to the percentage milkfat (butter was the worst).

Organic causes me no issues. The conventional stuff might be okay now too, since a lot of the places stopped using rSBT

OP
E

Emstar1892

What were you eating? I don't remember there being a lot of peat-style prepared foods at WF.

Hey ivysaur, you sure about that? Maybe it's different in England, I had the buffet and chose rice and cod in red coconut curry sauce with some mango for dessert!

Catcream

"sunlight and NEAT to good effect. "
AAh yes thank you Brian . I am moved to get off my arse , stop reading the forum and go dig my potatoes....:D

whit

Yea I'm all about some sunlight if it can be found this time of year.
Otherwise it's redlight as often as possible. Mmmm warm.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
@whit, great avatar! :D:chicken:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

whit

Oh, Daisy is all in on the apples now.
You best not crawfish on that deal.
She's got a crew you know! Ha.

Luann

Hey DaveFoster,

On top of that i developed bradycardia, lost my menstrual cycle, gained a ton of weight, got dry skin, a return of my acne (which was why I went low carb in the first place), and I just became an out of shape, pale zombie.

I know it sounds weird but I also lost my personality - I couldn't come up with jokes when I was with my friends, rarely laughed and was just really...numb.

Not that any of my story means it muat fail for everyone. Have you ever tried low carb?

So many people seem like they're talking about how Peats diet is good for their people skills, confidence, personality, in fact someone else even mentioned he laughed w/ friends WAYY more on this regime. That is soo cool that diet affects every part of us, down to anxieties and the way you look at the world; being able to let yourself be in the moment and giggle. Awesome summary of some adverse effects, and p.s., I'm totally done with low-carb too: love carbs too much.

whit

So many people seem like they're talking about how Peats diet is good for their people skills, confidence, personality, in fact someone else even mentioned he laughed w/ friends WAYY more on this regime. That is soo cool that diet affects every part of us, down to anxieties and the way you look at the world; being able to let yourself be in the moment and giggle. Awesome summary of some adverse effects, and p.s., I'm totally done with low-carb too: love carbs too much.

There are multiple advantages
Balance and finding it for yourself can apply to so many parts of life.
Welcome to the forum Liubo

Luann

Thanks whit and agreed - never thought I would find balance through lo-fat, sugar latte's though! I'm very happy drinking them now and knowing that Mark Sisson would be rolling over on his excersize mat if he could see me doing that while at a healthy weight.
OH and an addendum:
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/10/111018212346.htm (Sweet tooth & good mood)

I assume the snacks preferred by people who don't like sweets, are coated in soybean oil or similar (mixed nuts, chips): nice to know Peatism lays the foundation for being in a good mood all the time.

whit

I've found that sweet goes quite well with salty. It is funny how your body will crave what it needs.
The minerals and fructose that we find in fruit keep insulin from being too high.
Where as starches can be really tricky for some because most starches lack those compounds.
If one adds PUFA to the mix it can bring on the whole stress hormone metabolism. Anybody want a donut?

whit

Thanks whit and agreed - never thought I would find balance through lo-fat, sugar latte's though! I'm very happy drinking them now and knowing that Mark Sisson would be rolling over on his excersize mat if he could see me doing that while at a healthy weight.
OH and an addendum:
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/10/111018212346.htm (Sweet tooth & good mood)

I assume the snacks preferred by people who don't like sweets, are coated in soybean oil or similar (mixed nuts, chips): nice to know Peatism lays the foundation for being in a good mood all the time.
Great study by the way.
Thanks for sharing. :grin