Over-Methylation - Low folate/B12 - Thyroid interaction

Sagitarrius90

Hey guys,

Ever since I looked into over-methylation and under-methylation I concluded I was an over-methylator - ever since I've added Methylated B9 and B12 I've had insane amounts of new energy but I think I am running into fuel problems that are coming up as water retention, a bit of inflamation in the face etc

FYI having low folate b12 can make you look and feel anemic - So my burning question is, if I am feeling better from folate and b12 perhaps from boosting thyroid levels, would that make sense as to why I get side effects now from thyroid? I use tyronene and use 2 drops 1 in am and one in pm - 0 side effects from this dosing, works perfectly, no irritation or fogginess whatsoever - The fact that I now feel like an over-responder to thyroid medication, safe to say the folate and b12 are allowing me now to take a lower dose?

Only other thing is increased estrogen from popping a zopliclone on sunday (Increased liver stress) so that could explain why I have alot of energy, its just a surge of stress hormones

InChristAlone

Might have just increased methylation too much now. You can try niacinamide to cool it down a bit. I wouldn't use too much methylated b vitamins as you could mess things up down the road. But like I said niacinamide can help correct it.

OP
S

Sagitarrius90

From what I understand, low folate and b12 means you would be an "over-methylator" and by providing folate and b12 this would lower my methylation - kind of contradicts what you just mentioned - but I do see that B3 can remove methly groups.

I was more curious if folate and b12 can increase thyroid hence why I feel the need to consume more sugar

InChristAlone

From what I understand, low folate and b12 means you would be an "over-methylator" and by providing folate and b12 this would lower my methylation - kind of contradicts what you just mentioned - but I do see that B3 can remove methly groups.

I was more curious if folate and b12 can increase thyroid hence why I feel the need to consume more sugar
I haven't seen evidence for that, Peat in general doesn't recommend folate or b12 supps. If you have overmethylation you can just use niacinamide. If you feel your oxidation is speeding up be careful because I've felt what that's like and it's not fun! It can be good if it's a comfortable energy like the calm of good thyroid function, warm hands and feet and ability to relax.

OP
S

Sagitarrius90

True enough - I actually read people who are overmethylators are actually severely deficient in folate/b12 - the energy is too much now you are right.

Seeing as I don't have any b3 handy, would just stopping be suffice? Or do I literally need B3 now in order to feel how I used to feel ... good lol

InChristAlone

True enough - I actually read people who are overmethylators are actually severely deficient in folate/b12 - the energy is too much now you are right.

Seeing as I don't have any b3 handy, would just stopping be suffice? Or do I literally need B3 now in order to feel how I used to feel ... good lol
Stopping will help for sure, but you could order it just in case. I like to have it on hand even if I'm not using it. When we try to biohack our health things can go awry lol.

OP
S

Sagitarrius90

Never usually complain about having "too much energy" but it feels almost out of control and hard to keep my thoughts together, in one place if that makes sense - I remember how I felt on Niacinamide so i'll be stopping the folate/b12 and maybe dose it once a week instead of doing what I did which was somewhat of a mega dose lol

Now I wonder if being over-methylated means increased thyroid function, same legit feeling if I dose too much t3 and didnt eat - same symptoms I have right now

InChristAlone

Never usually complain about having "too much energy" but it feels almost out of control and hard to keep my thoughts together, in one place if that makes sense - I remember how I felt on Niacinamide so i'll be stopping the folate/b12 and maybe dose it once a week instead of doing what I did which was somewhat of a mega dose lol

Now I wonder if being over-methylated means increased thyroid function, same legit feeling if I dose too much t3 and didnt eat - same symptoms I have right now
In my mind I just think of overmethylation as putting the pedal to the metal on your body, so similar to thyroid but different.